Quez Watkins

bigdog54

4 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

qy4lqhuzh3aa1.jpg

We better have a new #3 WR next season.

Here we go with subjective stats, "Success Rate" is based on "Expected Points Added".

Google EPA NFL and see if you can make heads or tails out of the BS. 

20 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Here we go with subjective stats, "Success Rate" is based on "Expected Points Added".

Google EPA NFL and see if you can make heads or tails out of the BS. 

Read it, understand it, conclusion, Quez Watkins sucks.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

OK, they're not throwing to him deep, what's your point?

Passer rating when targeted (2022)

AJ Brown: 115.1

Smith: 114.4

Watkins: 81.9

Not being targeted isn't necessarily all on a WR, but what happens when they are targeted has a lot to do with how often they are targeted. When you have 2 WRs playing as well as Smith and Brown, you get them the ball as often as possible. The attention they receive from defenses should make less frequently targeted players more viable. So why hasn't Watkins taken advantage thus far? The answer is obvious. He's having a mediocre year which is a bit disappointing to me as I felt he was coming off a season where he made big improvements from the previous year. I still think Watkins could be a very good WR2 in the NFL, but he has to work a bit harder, fix some things, and hopefully show a little more when targeted. 

We invested a 2nd rd pick on JJAW and a 1st on Reagor and Watkins is still the better WR. But he just hasn't been as impactful this season as I expected. I still have confidence that he will get on track and expect him to help us win playoff games. As much as I'm rooting for the guy, I'm not going to sit here and pretend he's on par with Brown and Smith. He is not at this time. 

9 hours ago, EagleVA said:

OK, they're not throwing to him deep, what's your point?

Why would the QB want to throw to him? Baby arms is either going drop it or have it muscled away from him for an interception or fumble... Quez sucks... He makes more negative plays than he does positive... How are you seriously defending him? Other than maybe Kvon Wallace Quez is the most easily replaceable player on the team... And if you're going to argue yeah but he's a deep threat gtfo here with that... Again he's a drop or turn over waiting to happen... I give him a 5 percent chance he's our third receiver next season... Dude is awful... If he miraculously goes off against the Giants this weekend don't bother bringing it up one game in 3 seasons isn't much to brag about 

16 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Passer rating when targeted (2022)

AJ Brown: 115.1

Smith: 114.4

Watkins: 81.9

Not being targeted isn't necessarily all on a WR, but what happens when they are targeted has a lot to do with how often they are targeted. When you have 2 WRs playing as well as Smith and Brown, you get them the ball as often as possible. The attention they receive from defenses should make less frequently targeted players more viable. So why hasn't Watkins taken advantage thus far? The answer is obvious. He's having a mediocre year which is a bit disappointing to me as I felt he was coming off a season where he made big improvements from the previous year. I still think Watkins could be a very good WR2 in the NFL, but he has to work a bit harder, fix some things, and hopefully show a little more when targeted. 

We invested a 2nd rd pick on JJAW and a 1st on Reagor and Watkins is still the better WR. But he just hasn't been as impactful this season as I expected. I still have confidence that he will get on track and expect him to help us win playoff games. As much as I'm rooting for the guy, I'm not going to sit here and pretend he's on par with Brown and Smith. He is not at this time. 

I think Quez needs to hit the gym and muscle up some. He’s afraid of contact and has been stripped up the ball way more often than he should be. Trying not to be physical in a physical sport will not allow you to stay in that sport very long. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 7:49 PM, brkmsn said:

Not being targeted isn't necessarily all on a WR, but what happens when they are targeted has a lot to do with how often they are targeted.

Do you think being best friends and/or an ex-teammate has anything to do with how often one is targeted?

16 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

Why would the QB want to throw to him? 

The same reason they'd want to throw to any WR.....because they're open.

Unfortunately not all OCs and/or QBs have matured to that level of play, for the Eagles it seems like it's a "tag, you're it this week" kinda of thing.

13 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Do you think being best friends and/or an ex-teammate has anything to do with how often one is targeted?

Cooper Kupp  was Goff's best friend. Kupp was targeted 134 and 124 times in Goff's last 2 seasons with the Rams. Stafford came in and targeted him 191 times. Why? 

Spoiler

because he was the best WR on the team. 

• Like 3

On 1/5/2023 at 8:32 PM, EagleVA said:

No. Especially if the friend isn’t better than the other guy, but that’s not the case here. The friend and former teammate are both better than Quez. Goedert is also a better option than Quez no friendship or former teammate required. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

No. Especially if the friend isn’t better than the other guy, but that’s not the case here. The friend and former teammate are both better than Quez. 

Because I don't have a birds-eye view of the field all I can say is the best friend and ex-teammate are targeted more and if you don't have a birds-eye view you need to shut your mouth.

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Because I don't have a birds-eye view of the field all I can say is the best friend and ex-teammate are targeted more and if you don't have a birds-eye view you need to shut your mouth.

I can actually see all 22, but those guys are open and they’re better options and that’s why they get more plays called for them. Quez plays have dropped because he’s been struggling to make plays unless he’s completely by himself. Everyone sees and understands this including the coaches. Everyone but you that is. 

20 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I can actually see all 22, but those guys are open and they’re better options and that’s why they get more plays called for them. Quez plays have dropped because he’s been struggling to make plays unless he’s completely by himself. Everyone sees and understands this including the coaches. Everyone but you that is. 

I don't have the All-22 and I know better than to believe anything you say.   

Without the All-22 this is what I see, passes to Goddert, Smith, and  Brown are specifically called for them to receive the ball, the only plays specifically called for Watkins were those stupid screens or some other short pass. 

I would say about 50% of Watkins targets come when Hurts is flushed out of the pocket and running for his life, so timing and precision passes just don't happen.

And why would they dial up plays for Quez when the aforementioned players are significantly better than him?

16 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Without the All-22 this is what I see, passes to Goddert, Smith, and  Brown are specifically called for them to receive the ball, the only plays specifically called for Watkins were those stupid screens or some other short pass. 

I would say about 50% of Watkins targets come when Hurts is flushed out of the pocket and running for his life, so timing and precision passes just don't happen.

If Quez were the better option the team would give him more touches. 😂 You don’t have to believe me. The coaches are showing you. 😂🤦

• Haha 1

Smith 95 catches for the season, but he stinks. 
Watkins 33 catches for the season, but he’s elite. 
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Wow just wow dude. 

C32E4A19-F752-49E5-8132-6CA3D1E69318.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Smith makes catches like these in virtually every game:

The guy is just a beast. Not sure how anyone can’t like this guy and what he does out there. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Smith makes catches like these in virtually every game:

He truly has taken the next step this season - especially the 2nd half of the year.   He’s a legitimate #1 on most NFL teams.

The only reason he’s 1A here is because AJ Brown is also having a career year.  Their styles/skillsets complement each other and they could likely go down as the best Eagles WR duo in franchise history. (If they stay together long enough). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

"In today's information age, ignorance of a given topic is a choice."

Subscribe to NFL+ and get access to the All-22. Take your own advice, your ignorance is your choice. 

• Haha 2

On 1/7/2023 at 8:14 PM, EagleVA said:

FYI, Watkins has been Hurts' teammate for 3 seasons now. Hurts and Watkins worked out (passing drills) together before the 2020 draft and each offseason. So if anybody needs to shut one's mouth, it should be the guy with the unfounded conspiracy theories and false accusations. 

From: https://www.al.com/sports/2020/05/athens-quez-watkins-glad-to-go-to-philadelphia-with-jalen-hurts.html

Philadelphia Eagles fans seemed upset with team general manger Howie Roseman after he selected Oklahoma quarterback Jalen Hurts in the second round of the NFL Draft on April 24. But when Roseman chose Southern Miss wide receiver Quez Watkins 147 picks later, the former Athens High School standout was happy to join Hurts in the Eagles’ 2020 draft class.

Watkins and Hurts had worked out together to prepare for the NFL Scouting Combine.

"After I got drafted, he texted me,” Watkins said. "It was like: ‘Let’s get to work.’ That’s really what we’ve been about before the Combine and stuff like that. Really been just trying to get to work.

"It’s really good that I’m with him. We started bonding a lot, started getting closer as the Combine and stuff came and then really we just got a connection, so we’ll already have that connection and timing down.”

Eagles fans objected to Hurts’ selection in the second round because Philadelphia has an established quarterback in Carson Wentz. They would have preferred a rookie with an opportunity to start as the 53rd pick.

Watkins said Hurts, who spent three seasons at Alabama before playing at Oklahoma in 2019, had qualities that Philadelphia fans would like.

"He’s a worker,” Watkins said. "He’s a competitor. He’s not going to stop until he proves to everybody that he’s the best. He’s always determined. I’ve never seen a guy that put up 3, 400 yards a game and then come back and work out after the game, after putting up 66 points. Honestly, he’s just really different. He’s somebody that’s going to work to get to that starting spot, work to get better.”

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

He truly has taken the next step this season - especially the 2nd half of the year.   He’s a legitimate #1 on most NFL teams.

The only reason he’s 1A here is because AJ Brown is also having a career year.  Their styles/skillsets complement each other and they could likely go down as the best Eagles WR duo in franchise history. (If they stay together long enough). 

I mean DeVonta finished 8th in yards and 9th in receptions among all wide receivers. Would take an epic fool to suggest that he’s not a #1 caliber receiver. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, nipples said:

I mean DeVonta finished 8th in yards and 9th in receptions among all wide receivers. Would take an epic fool to suggest that he’s not a #1 caliber receiver. 

Couldn't agree more. Despite having a WR on the team ahead of him who put up like 1500 yards, a RB who had a 1000 yard year and a TE who would have likely had 1000 yards if it wasn't for his injury he still got over 1100 yards. That's so impressive. 

• Like 1