Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

I still have severe ptsd from last year so I’m cringing at the fact that they’re pulling wheeler - especially at 90 pitches

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mikemack8 said:

I still have severe ptsd from last year so I’m cringing at the fact that they’re pulling wheeler - especially at 90 pitches

Honestly not thrilled about it either especially leaving guys stranded the past two innings

• Like 1

The bad part about these rallies is we have had the bottom of the order up to start an inning it seems like every inning

• Like 1

Just now, devpool said:

The bad part about these rallies is we have had the bottom of the order up to start an inning it seems like every inning

Would really love at the deadline for us to trade for a CF. Have a feeling it’s going to be a back end of the rotation starter. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Would really love at the deadline for us to trade for a CF. Have a feeling it’s going to be a back end of the rotation starter. 

Would say it depends on where they're at come deadline time. Maybe haseley and Quinn are good enough and a #4/5 starter will make more of an impact. Or maybe the rotation is solid but they aren't getting enough from those two. Too early to tell now I think 

5 minutes ago, devpool said:

Would say it depends on where they're at come deadline time. Maybe haseley and Quinn are good enough and a #4/5 starter will make more of an impact. Or maybe the rotation is solid but they aren't getting enough from those two. Too early to tell now I think 

Idk i don’t trust Quinn to stay healthy. And I’m kind of down on haseley. I just tend to believe you can upgrade from him. However i think the rest of their lineup is good enough to compensate for it. To me I’m much more concerned at the moment about what comes after Wheeler, Nola and eflin

Of course former phillie prospect d’arnaud hits the tying homer 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Knapp multi-hit game!!

Maybe I'm thinking differently here but I think they should scored 

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Maybe I'm thinking differently here but I think they should scored 

The Realmuto at bat killed them especially the called first strike. Once you get behind minter it’s hard to do anything with his slider. And Quinn isn’t exactly the guy you want as a pinch hitter but the Phillies really didn’t have anyone better 

Would be a really good time for Harper’s first Homer of the year 

I’ll take it. Time for a bohm bomb 

BOHM!

damn Miller crushed that. Freaking Freeman 

neris was given that K. That ball wasn’t close. Then that ball went for a ride

neris trying to reverted back to 2020. Thankfully got the last out. 

162-0 alive!!! 

Neris isn't a guy I want pitching on back to back days. It worked out today but how many more times before it backfires on Girardi? 

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

Neris isn't a guy I want pitching on back to back days. It worked out today but how many more times before it backfires on Girardi? 

A major league closer should be able to pitch two days in a row if they only throw 25 pitches, idk if he even made it to 20 yesterday