Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

9 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Matt moore is worse than Pivetta

Get the feeling Medina or Howard are going to be given a chance at some point. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Matt moore is worse than Pivetta

Moore and Anderson are slop. They should have ponied up and signed a legitimate 4th starter innings eater.

36 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Moore and Anderson are slop. They should have ponied up and signed a legitimate 4th starter innings eater.

I feel like if they didn’t have Howard or Medina in their back pocket they probably would’ve. At some point one of those guys is going to get a shot. I think both have a chance to be an effective 4-5 starter. Even if they fail i think it’s easier to pick up a 4/5 starter at the deadline. To me the bigger issue is CF. There were some good options to upgrade and trades available and they went with Quinn who’s injury prone and a backup. And haseley who’s looking like he went way too high at 8 and a backup outfielder 

• Like 1

Bohm didn't touch home. But I need a rules clarification.

It seems his foot was going to touch home plate before/underneath the tag. But the momentum of the catcher while applying the tag, changed his path and pushed his foot away from the plate. Then I come across this rule:

Rule 5.06(a)(1):

If in the judgment of an umpire, a runner is pushed or forced off a base by a fielder, intentionally or unintentionally, at which the runner would have otherwise been called safe, the umpire has the authority and discretion under the circumstances to return the runner to the base he was forced off following the conclusion of the play.

So Bohm is awarded home? He is safe?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, toolg said:

Bohm didn't touch home. But I need a rules clarification.

It seems his foot was going to touch home plate before/underneath the tag. But the momentum of the catcher while applying the tag, changed his path and pushed his foot away from the plate. Then I come across this rule:

So Bohm is awarded home? He is safe?

I think that was more establish after that Minnesota atlanta World Series game where the twins player pulled the Braves player off the base. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Guys.  He was out.  But F Atlanta 

this. 

Rain out tonite. DH tomorrow starting at 4pm

12 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Rain out tonite. DH tomorrow starting at 4pm

Well nola has a chance to throw a completely game tomorrow since it’ll only be 7 innings 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Well nola has a chance to throw a completely game tomorrow since it’ll only be 7 innings 

Are they doing that again this year? The 7 inning doubleheader thing, I mean.

2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Are they doing that again this year? The 7 inning doubleheader thing, I mean.

Yep

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Terrible.  I used to love DH back when I was a kid.  Scheduled DH.  I hate these 7 inning ones.  And I hate the idea of having to watch Andrew Knapp play baseball.  

🤣 me too

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Terrible.  I used to love DH back when I was a kid.  Scheduled DH.  I hate these 7 inning ones.  And I hate the idea of having to watch Andrew Knapp play baseball.  

9 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

🤣 me too

In fairness i rather watch Knapp then Quinn or haseley. Quinn and haseley hitting a combined .143 on the season and getting worse. Add on Quinn makes boneheaded fielding mistakes. Quinn in his last 125 at bats is hitting .192

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Nah.  I knew someone would bring up Quinn.  I am not at the Knapp point with Quinn just yet.  Knapp has been around way too long.  

Knapp was actually decent backup catcher last year. Hit .278 in 33 games. and batting currently .333 on the season (only 6 at bats so whatever). Quinn is by far worse imo. He’s always hurt. Dumb fielding mistakes and can’t hit. That’s a trifecta. And i hate Knapp. 

Knapp is fine as backup, quinn is fine as back up single A player

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And there’s Quinn ending the inning of trying to steal third base 

Quinn is such a "gem" I tell ya. They've already left like 30 guys on base.

6 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Quinn is such a "gem" I tell ya. They've already left like 30 guys on base.

This is the inning to do it with hoskins walking and Bryce up 

I'm about done with McCutcheon. Batting a whopping .156 from the leadoff spot. There was an article in The Athletic how McCutcheon wants to set the standard for 34 year old players. So far, no good.

Joe west needs to be fired........me saying this in 1990

39 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

I'm about done with McCutcheon. Batting a whopping .156 from the leadoff spot. There was an article in The Athletic how McCutcheon wants to set the standard for 34 year old players. So far, no good.

No offense it was a bad contract to begin with for a declining player. Michael Brantley has been the better player. He got one less year, was younger to begin with and cost less 

The dumb 2nd base in extra innings rule really working out there. So both teams scored. It’s absolutely stupid 

Phillies have no one to blame but themselves. They must have left 15 guys on base. Should never have gone to extra innings.