Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

17 minutes ago, devpool said:

A major league closer should be able to pitch two days in a row if they only throw 25 pitches, idk if he even made it to 20 yesterday 

That's the problem though. I think Neris is more of an 8th inning guy. I disagree with Girardi appointing him the closer because when his splitter isn't working, he is screwed. He also has a track record of mediocrity on the 2nd day of a back to back. 

37 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Heck of a first 3 games from the pitching staff.  

Got to imagine when the weather heats up the bats and homers will come. Had 1 homer the entire series and it came from knapp

33 minutes ago, BFit said:

Anyone know why harper is wearing an oven mitt in the base path?

To protect his fingers - since he’s a headfirst slider

Trevor May...... Wow.... 

Remember when he was our top pitching prospect and one of the "Baby Aces?" 

Was at the game tonight, awesome game. Mets are such losers. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Was at the game tonight, awesome game. Mets are such losers. 

I hate the Mets as much as i hate the Cowboys. F them and their fans. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There’s a chance Roman broke a nail on that HBP and is out a month 

Velasquez is back to being velasquez. Why is this ahole still on the team. Every year it’s the same crap

• Like 2

Girardi should have let Vinny leave the game on a high after his 1 inning. This guy doesn't have the mental makeup to pitch anymore than that. How the flying ef do you walk 4 guys in an inning? 

• Like 1

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How is that bum still around?   JFC.  

Right? It’s the same thing every year. Just give up already he sucks. he has electric stuff but he does not have a clue on how to pitch

Velasquez doesn’t belong on a major league roster. This should be his absolute last chance tonight. 

1 minute ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Velasquez doesn’t belong on a major league roster. This should be his absolute last chance tonight. 

Really makes zero sense to keep him on the roster. He’s a waste of a roster spot

I assume Velasquez has the master set of keys to open Citizens Bank Park, and if he’s released no one else is able to enter the building.  Hard to believe it’s been 5 years of bad pitching and they hold onto him.

He’s like a nightmare that you have every night, and the Phillies brass lays their head on a pillow thinking tonight will be a good sleep.  

• Like 1

Their still holding out for the Velasquez that had that 13 strikeout game I guess - he sucks

Damn - that’s two that Harper grooved tonight but didn’t find the gap.  He’s making good contact - he’ll break out soon

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Damn - that’s two that Harper grooved tonight but didn’t find the gap.  He’s making good contact - he’ll break out soon

Yeah a few guys are hitting balls hard and kind of getting unlucky. But yeah of all guys to worry about Harper isn’t one of them really. We’re 4-1 with the offense really not coming together yet. 

On 4/5/2021 at 10:35 PM, mikemack8 said:

162-0 still in play!

<_<

• Like 1