Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - We can't hit for crap

Featured Replies

24 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Still kind of sad that he is doing this for a team going no where.

Sell

  • Replies 35k
  • Views 1.5m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RoadToHell said:

Imagine how sad it would really be if we didn’t have him in our offense

I know, just sucks to see it wasted

5 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Harper is a terrible baserunner, just an average throw on two of those hits he is out

He was not going to stop running until he got to 3rd base whether he was out or not. He got a very fortuitous ruling by the scorer. The announcer called it a "little league triple", haha.

great play by Stott early on and from there it was a snoozer

If schwarber gets hot is about the only chance we’d have of beating a dodgers/brewers team

Random thought tonight...the Phillies should always be home for the 4th of July. MLB needs to make them like the Cowboys on Thanksgiving except that holiday started in our town.

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

How am I supposed to bet on the Phillies game if they don't list a starter?

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

How am I supposed to bet on the Phillies game if they don't list a starter?

On a wing and prayer

2 hours ago, CouchKing said:

How am I supposed to bet on the Phillies game if they don't list a starter?

Against them.

2 hours ago, CouchKing said:

How am I supposed to bet on the Phillies game if they don't list a starter?

Nationals are 1st in runs scored and 25th in pitchers ERA. So I’d take the over in this game

So this is somewhat contrary to what I've said about the Phillies in the past...but I do feel they need to be all in or all out. This team is too far from realistic WS contention. But they also are going to buy. And we all know the farm system sucks. So if you are going to buy, then really buy. Schwarber, Harper, Wheeler, and Sanchez are all having better seasons than anyone reasonably would have predicted. Throw Marsh in there. Accounting for all of those players, I think it would be hard to conceive that next year (or and of the next several years after that) could reasonably be better or even close.

So the one thread of hope for this team? A rotation of Sanchez/Wheeler/Skubal/Luzardo in the playoffs. That gives them a shot. Who cares that Skubal is a rental? They aren't going to be good for the next 2 years anyway. I'd go Painter/Miller/Wood. That might get it done. 2 prospects that have been nothing but frustration anyway and one "you gotta give up something to get something" in Wood.

Go for it and then purge everyone next year.

Solid 4-2 roadtrip. Now a 7 game roadtrip. Need to 4 and hopefully 5.

19 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Random thought tonight...the Phillies should always be home for the 4th of July. MLB needs to make them like the Cowboys on Thanksgiving except that holiday started in our town.

I'd be fine with that.

The Blue Jays should always play in Canada on Canada Day, as well. And the Reds should always be the first game of the season. That is an actual tradition... that MLB broke for ratings.

9 hours ago, eagle45 said:

So this is somewhat contrary to what I've said about the Phillies in the past...but I do feel they need to be all in or all out. This team is too far from realistic WS contention. But they also are going to buy. And we all know the farm system sucks. So if you are going to buy, then really buy. Schwarber, Harper, Wheeler, and Sanchez are all having better seasons than anyone reasonably would have predicted. Throw Marsh in there. Accounting for all of those players, I think it would be hard to conceive that next year (or and of the next several years after that) could reasonably be better or even close.

So the one thread of hope for this team? A rotation of Sanchez/Wheeler/Skubal/Luzardo in the playoffs. That gives them a shot. Who cares that Skubal is a rental? They aren't going to be good for the next 2 years anyway. I'd go Painter/Miller/Wood. That might get it done. 2 prospects that have been nothing but frustration anyway and one "you gotta give up something to get something" in Wood.

Go for it and then purge everyone next year.

Don’t think Skubal is obtainable. The market is going to be dodgers and Yankees. Dodgers have a great farm system and they will be willing to pay a massive price because their third World Series in three years cements them as a New Age Dynasty. I don’t think the Phillies can match it nor afford to as he’d just leave after the season. If they were gonna go after a big arm, I’d go to San Francisco and ask him what it would take for Logan Webb. He has two years left after this year. He’s been very good since he’s come back from the IL. He could be your Wheeler replacement after Wheeler retires. he is 29 years old. He is a guy that if they wanted to trade top-tier prospects, I would trade it for him because I have controllable years and he’s very good. add on sf is bad and they’d be more likely to deal him

Wow Bohm is slow a crap.

I said it in here a couple months ago, but I think the Nationals are pretty decent. The Blue Rocks here in Delaware are a Nationals' affiliate (against their will), and a lot of guys that played on the team in the last 5 years are now in the majors. They are coming of age and getting good experience in the majors. The Nationals will be a playoff team next year, I'm predicting, if not make the playoffs this year.

7 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

I said it in here a couple months ago, but I think the Nationals are pretty decent. The Blue Rocks here in Delaware are a Nationals' affiliate (against their will), and a lot of guys that played on the team in the last 5 years are now in the majors. They are coming of age and getting good experience in the majors. The Nationals will be a playoff team next year, I'm predicting, if not make the playoffs this year.

I said back in 2024 I thought they were gonna be better in 2025 and then in 2026 they make a leap to being good/playoff caliber team. The only thing keeping the nationals from being a very good baseball team as they’re starting pitching stinks outside of griffin

The wheels are going to fall off if they only have 3 viable starting pitchers and 4 starting pitchers total. The needed 1-2 bats to compete for a WS, but now they need a starting pitcher to survive.

Have we considered the Phillies offense every fifth day also just sucks ass. They are avg 2.27 runs per game when their 5th starter pitches. And 7 of last 10 games they’ve scored 1 or less when 5th starter pitches

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I said back in 2024 I thought they were gonna be better in 2025 and then in 2026 they make a leap to being good/playoff caliber team. The only thing keeping the nationals from being a very good baseball team as they’re starting pitching stinks outside of griffin

The Nationals certainly have been loading up on position players at the expense of pitching. They took a shortstop in the first round in 2025, 2024, and 2021 (3 of the last 5 drafts!) for some reason. They took outfielders in the first round in 2023 and 2022.

They did take a pitcher in the first round in 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, and in the first compensatory round in 2016. It looks like none of them panned out. Cade Cavalli is the only one I have heard of, and only because he came through Wilmington.

2 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

The Nationals certainly have been loading up on position players at the expense of pitching. They took a shortstop in the first round in 2025, 2024, and 2021 (3 of the last 5 drafts!) for some reason. They took outfielders in the first round in 2023 and 2022.

They did take a pitcher in the first round in 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, and in the first compensatory round in 2016. It looks like none of them panned out. Cade Cavalli is the only one I have heard of, and only because he came through Wilmington.

They also had Gore who everyone thought would be a top end of the rotation starter. He got dealt and hasn’t really panned out. I’m guessing next couple years they try to trade for a SP and sign guys

Usually when teams draft shortstops it’s because they’re the best athletes. A good portion of the time they’ll make them change position from shortstop to outfield or even third base over the course of time.

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They also had Gore who everyone thought would be a top end of the rotation starter. He got dealt and hasn’t really panned out. I’m guessing next couple years they try to trade for a SP and sign guys

Usually when teams draft shortstops it’s because they’re the best athletes. A good portion of the time they’ll make them change position from shortstop to outfield or even third base over the course of time.

Correct. But Gore was drafted by the Padres and was one of the key pieces in the Juan Soto trade (along with James Wood, who turned out to be pretty good).

True about shortstops, although I remember when shortstops really weren't that great offensively. I harken back to guys like Ozzie Smith, or Kevin Stocker locally. Dylan Crews was a guy you had to draft regardless of position.

10 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

Correct. But Gore was drafted by the Padres and was one of the key pieces in the Juan Soto trade (along with James Wood, who turned out to be pretty good).

True about shortstops, although I remember when shortstops really weren't that great offensively. I harken back to guys like Ozzie Smith, or Kevin Stocker locally. Dylan Crews was a guy you had to draft regardless of position.

Woods and CJ Abrams alone were worth that Soto trade. Especially cause the padres dealt him a year and a half later anyway.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.