June 15Jun 15 12 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:Should really move that kid up to triple A and let him hit there for next month and a half before the deadlineYay, another leftie.
June 15Jun 15 1 hour ago, vsptroops said:Yay, another leftie.It’s amazing how LH hitters have come to the forefront and can’t find enough good RH OF in the mlb.
June 16Jun 16 Nice seeing the bottom of the order basically win this one.... Even though that's where turner should be
June 16Jun 16 2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:Nice seeing the bottom of the order basically win this one.... Even though that's where turner should beNice to see Crawford get going. Turner has a wrist contusion so might not see him for a couple days
June 16Jun 16 8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:Nice to see Crawford get going. Turner has a wrist contusion so might not see him for a couple daysMight be a good thing. Maybe it will give him a mental break
June 16Jun 16 28 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:The guy is just a great pitcher and all time great Phils FA signing. I was thinking about this last night when he got into trouble a bit with the walks and locating he managed to get out of it and not completely break down like a lot of pitchers would.
June 16Jun 16 1 hour ago, John Blutarski said:The guy is just a great pitcher and all time great Phils FA signing. I was thinking about this last night when he got into trouble a bit with the walks and locating he managed to get out of it and not completely break down like a lot of pitchers would.I really hope he doesn’t retire after 2027 if he’s still pitching this well. Not for us cause we’re selfish and want him to keep pitching for the Phillies. But in general as an athlete, you only get so many years where you can get paid and you’re at your peak. The fact that he would be 37 and still pitching this well he should cash in on that. Add on if he can go to 2029 pitching at this level he’d essentially have 8-9 years of dominance. I think could make the case he eventually would get into the HOF. He’d be one of the top 3 pitchers from the time he got to the Phillies til he retired if he goes to 2029 or 2030.
June 16Jun 16 On 6/15/2026 at 3:15 PM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:Bohm being 2nd for 3b is amazing lolFans should not be allowed to vote anymore
June 16Jun 16 Is Tyler Phillips losing his mind? I’m not watching the game but see that he’s on the bump. He cracks me up when he goes ballistic
June 16Jun 16 3 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:Fans should not be allowed to vote anymoreHe's about to move into 1st!
June 16Jun 16 26 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:Stott is playing reallying wellIt’s easier to appreciate him when you don’t think he’s going to be Chase Utley. We’ve only had one chase in the last 40 years. So it’s not very likely he was ever gonna be that. But if he gives you average to slightly above average hitting for his position and great fielding at his position, that’s fine. The bigger issue has been their outfield besides marsh doesn’t consistently hit, Turner’s been terrible and Alec Bohm finally started being closer to what he’s been over the last couple years
June 16Jun 16 2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:It’s easier to appreciate him when you don’t think he’s going to be Chase Utley. We’ve only had one chase in the last 40 years. So it’s not very likely he was ever gonna be that. But if he gives you average to slightly above average hitting for his position and great fielding at his position, that’s fine. The bigger issue has been their outfield besides marsh doesn’t consistently hit, Turner’s been terrible and Alec Bohm finally started being closer to what he’s been over the last couple yearsI've always kept my expectations of Stott in check, great defense, good speed and can give you really good at bats when he's on. He's a solid 2nd baseman. People expecting Chase are going to be disappointed and are delusional. It was interesting a little bit ago after Marsh hit that home run and they were talking about how this is the guy the Phillies traded for and expected him to turn into. I'm not ready to say he is there just yet but, he does this the rest of the season then yeah this would have been one of Dombrowkskis best moves for as much as I hate saying that.
June 16Jun 16 I’m guessing the series against the Mets we play Thursday then have an off day Friday and then play Saturday and Sunday because of the World Cup
June 16Jun 16 1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:I've always kept my expectations of Stott in check, great defense, good speed and can give you really good at bats when he's on. He's a solid 2nd baseman. People expecting Chase are going to be disappointed and are delusional.It was interesting a little bit ago after Marsh hit that home run and they were talking about how this is the guy the Phillies traded for and expected him to turn into. I'm not ready to say he is there just yet but, he does this the rest of the season then yeah this would have been one of Dombrowkskis best moves for as much as I hate saying that.that trade looks immensely better now than what it did last May. Ohope hasn’t become anything, but what he became or what he did didn’t become didn’t matter at that point. You were always trading him as an asset because you signed Jt Realmuto the contract the same year you traded him. So he was always getting dealt so you were trying to capitalize on your asset. I thought that was a bad trade up until this year. it’s a loss on me cause I didn’t think Brandon marsh was ever gonna be able to hit left-handed pitching. So if you traded one of your best assets that you had at that time for a platoon player, at the time of the trade ideally, you wanted a full-time player at centerfield not a platoon player with that type of top 60 prospect. Marsh learning how to hit left-handed pitching this year, makes that trade awesome for the Phillies. Granted you would’ve wished you would’ve done that two or three years ago not one year before he runs out of arbitration.
June 16Jun 16 Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:Right on cue Stott with a nice play and the call for a gold glove lol.He should’ve won it last year. I would argue. He is top three at his position fielding It’s unfortunate Turner is slightly below average at shortstop.
June 16Jun 16 1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:that trade looks immensely better now than what it did last May. Ohope hasn’t become anything, but what he became or what he did didn’t become didn’t matter at that point. You were always trading him as an asset because you signed Jt Realmuto the contract the same year you traded him. So he was always getting dealt so you were trying to capitalize on your asset.I thought that was a bad trade up until this year. it’s a loss on me cause I didn’t think Brandon marsh was ever gonna be able to hit left-handed pitching. So if you traded one of your best assets that you had at that time for a platoon player, at the time of the trade ideally, you wanted a full-time player at centerfield not a platoon player with that type of top 60 prospect. Marsh learning how to hit left-handed pitching this year, makes that trade awesome for the Phillies. Granted you would’ve wished you would’ve done that two or three years ago not one year before he runs out of arbitration.Agreed, I was all about sink or swim for him last year and he basically failed. This year he kinda was forced to hurt lefties and he has shined. I'm happy for him but like you said wish they would of figured this out sooner. Then again like you and I have discussed baseball players take time to become something some unfortunately longer than others
June 16Jun 16 2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:He should’ve won it last year. I would argue. He is top three at his position fielding It’s unfortunate Turner is slightly below average at shortstop.Love these analytics having him as one of the bottom second baseman though lol. I don't mind analytics but, sometimes they just don't tell the whole story
June 16Jun 16 Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:Love these analytics having him as one of the bottom second baseman though lol. I don't mind analytics but, sometimes they just don't tell the whole storyI think the analytics for most of his career fielding wise have been good. His hard hit rate before this year wasn’t particularly great. It’s been better this year. 3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:Agreed, I was all about sink or swim for him last year and he basically failed. This year he kinda was forced to hurt lefties and he has shined. I'm happy for him but like you said wish they would of figured this out sooner. Then again like you and I have discussed baseball players take time to become something some unfortunately longer than others They kind of dumb lucked into it. Because Dombrowski did a terrible job just thinking kemp was good to be good enough to platoon with him. He sucked so, they’ve been forced to have to play him against left-handed pitching as they didn’t have anything better.
Create an account or sign in to comment