Which?..or both?...:lol:

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

New NFL equipment...

BubbleBall+MD.jpg

I've played bubble soccer using these. A few comments:

1) Contrary to what it might seem like, the collisions with these can be just as jarring as actual football. I had a teammate bust his back so bad during a game that he was laid up in bed for two days and needed to get surgery.

2) While you may be super sore the next day if you play a hard hitting team, it was still so much damn fun. The blend of aggressive violence and soccer skills felt tailor made for me. We lost in the semis our first season but took home the trophy in our second.

3) These things are absolutely disgusting. They trap all the sweat and stank from each person that uses it, so if you have a game later in the day, you're basically gagging as you're sliding it on. We used disinfectant wipes but it only helped a little.

If you ever get a chance to try them out, you definitely should. It's an absolute blast and a good way to blow off some steam.

3 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

1) Contrary to what it might seem like, the collisions with these can be just as jarring as actual football. I had a teammate bust his back so bad during a game that he was laid up in bed for two days and needed to get surgery.

2) While you may be super sore the next day if you play a hard hitting team, it was still so much damn fun. The blend of aggressive violence and soccer skills felt tailor made for me. We lost in the semis our first season but took home the trophy in our second.

3) These things are absolutely disgusting. They trap all the sweat and stank from each person that uses it, so if you have a game later in the day, you're basically gagging as you're sliding it on. We used disinfectant wipes but it only helped a little.

If you ever get a chance to try them out, you definitely should. It's an absolute blast and a good way to blow off some steam.

Uh.... the bolded statements being read back to back seem to be in direct contrast with one another.  :lol:.  I think I'll still to smoking ribs to blow off some steam.

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

I can trace the origin of my exposure to NFL football to the Super Bowl of the 1975 season.  I was raised in the era of one television that had two channels and, being from Canada, I'm pretty sure the Super Bowl was the only NFL game televised nationally in that era.  It was the Steelers' 2nd Super Bowl win where they beat the Cowboys 21-17.  I don't remember the Dolphins teams of 1972 or 73, and I didn't see the Steelers win their first over Minnesota.

I’m ashamed to admit that I rooted for the Cowboys in that Super Bowl. The Cowboys and Steelers were my two most hated teams at the time, and I hated the Steelers even more. When they faced each other three years later, I came to my senses and rooted appropriately.

10 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

NFL 2024...they will supply their own disinfectant...

14 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Could I just do this?

Roll Down Hill GIFs | Tenor

12 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Uh.... the bolded statements being read back to back seem to be in direct contrast with one another.  :lol:.  I think I'll still to smoking ribs to blow off some steam.

Touche. :lol: Gross as they were, still worth it!

3 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Touche. :lol: Gross as they were, still worth it!

Might fall under the "Better to buy than to rent" category.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Might fall under the "Better to buy than to rent" category.

"Hey, this is MY bubble, back off!"...:lol:

3 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

I didn't know he was getting this type of money to ramble for 3 hours :lol:

Anyone else have the thought "has he been drinking" multiple times when listening to Romo this season?

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Just signed up.  331 K subscribers now.

I can't believe this SB is going to be called by Kevin Burkhart and Greg Olsen. Feels so anti-climatic.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Oddly enough mod’s let that go.   VaBeach isn’t a mod.  

They probably/possibly didn't see it.

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

At some point, they need to look at removing equipment from players, not constantly adding to it to promote safety or prevent injuries.  The constant need to add kit only promotes a misguided mindest of safety for players

Yup, move more towards rugby style tackling and rugby style pads,get rid of all hard pads, they aren't protective they increase collision.

Having said that doing so would greatly benefit the offense and put a premium on gang tackling.

I don't know if it's actually feasible to move towards that as rugby and football while both contact sports are totally different games, but I agree adding g more hard pads isn't the answer to less concussions.

Also going back to all natural grass instead of turf will not only decrease the speed of the game but grass is has more give when you bounce your head off it.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

My heart skipped a beat as I read this. 

C8545980-9DE1-4007-A6A4-6F1A1DEF898E.jpeg

If I were Lurie I'd never let him leave, pay that man whatever he wants, put his name on the building...whatever it takes.

19 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Nantz’s mediocrity is rubbing off on him.

F off, Nantz 

20 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

How does a broadcaster 'decline', exactly? It's not like he has statistics.

I think Stoutland would prefer to get in the trenches coaching up linemen while dabbling in offensive design…not being an OC while dabbling in coaching the OL.  Just the sense I get.

18 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

My heart skipped a beat as I read this. 

C8545980-9DE1-4007-A6A4-6F1A1DEF898E.jpeg

:groovy: 

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Damn man.  You’ve been around a few.  I was 3 then.  First memory of football for me was the Eagles/Raiders SB.  

That same year I had missed most of the World Series because I had to go to bed at 830.  

You may be too young but @FranklinFldEBUpper should remember the Sunoco books of football stickers.  You bought gas and got a couple of players to put in the book, which had every team's starters on O and D.  Awesome.  I may still have a book.

I have all sorts of signed photos from Father Son/Daughter Philly Police Dinners where an Eagle would speak.  All early 70s stuff, when of course the Birds sucked but still great memories from those dinners.  Usually a lineman or some special teams player would come out (prolly could only afford like a $500 speaker fee) and they always went the extra mile and stayed a few hours to sign stuff.  And they brought mad swag (to a 13 year old stickers and photos and pins were like crack).  Bonus was they were at the Navy Yard and we would get to tour a ship each year.  Some of my favorite memories along with going to so many games as a kid. Lucky.

Archived