EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Eagle1ne said:

Fun fact: Stoutland was coaching oline at Syracuse during Donovan’s first two years there. 

Not that fun actually. 

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Captain F said:

We have all buried Howie just about every draft day, but this is remarkable.  

FB_IMG_1675475038020.jpg

Now do defense.  That's where he needs to prove it next.

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This is the equivalent of saying the Eagles aren’t that good because they didn’t play anyone that good. They have two second team all pros and a pro bowler from center to LT. They allowed the third fewest sacks and they are #1 in pass block win rate. They have a very good o-line. 

And... even so...

Our DL will feast.

9 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I just told my wife that we extended Stoutland, how much he means to the success of this team, the players he’s developed (Mailata especially), how much of a voice he has in the draft, and that he might make more than some coordinators.  She’s 5 months pregnant and looked at me like she wanted to punch me right in the nads. 

Hey at least she touched your nads

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I dont think their OL is great. Their tackles can be had

Its entirely possible that KC has a top 5 O-line in the NFL but its like the comparison for NFL D-lines.

The Eagles sack % on D is 11.2% and the next best at 8.9% (Dallas) is as close to Philly as they are to #17 Green Bay at 6.6%

The Eagles O-line is all time great. The Chiefs is just pretty good for 2022 without having faced the top 6 pass rush teams. The 7th (Indy) beat them.

KC played 9 games against the 8 worst sack % teams including both playoff games.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

And... even so...

Our DL will feast.

Maybe. We’ll see. They are in the Super Bowl for a reason too. Nothing wrong with giving them a tip of the cap for things they have done well this season. 

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This is the equivalent of saying the Eagles aren’t that good because they didn’t play anyone that good. They have two second team all pros and a pro bowler from center to LT. They allowed the third fewest sacks and they are #1 in pass block win rate. They have a very good o-line. 

Its not and you know it. You compare units and teams they have faced.

Its like saying the Giants are bad and the Chargers were good, Then you look at the schedule and the Giants schedule was loaded and the Charges beat one winning team (Miami)

KC just fought to the death against a team that had a broken O-line (3 starters out) and a bad pass rush. (yes, they also had a great QB)

When people talk schedule and Eagles they do so in ignorance (SF and KC had much weaker schedules) without thinking for themselves or doing the research.

The Eagles are one win away from being the only team in NFL history to beat 10 teams with a winning record. Trying to downgrade that schedule is for morons.

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its not and you know it. You compare units and teams they have faced.

Its like saying the Giants are bad and the Chargers were good, Then you look at the schedule and the Giants schedule was loaded and the Charges beat one winning team (Miami)

KC just fought to the death against a team that had a broken O-line (3 starters out) and a bad pass rush. (yes, they also had a great QB)

When people talk schedule and Eagles they do so in ignorance (SF and KC had much weaker schedules) without thinking for themselves or doing the research.

The Eagles are one win away from being the only team in NFL history to beat 10 teams with a winning record. Trying to downgrade that schedule is for morons.

It literally is. They played who’s on their schedule and their o-line as a unit has played very good all year. Just because they didn’t play the best pass rush every week doesn’t mean their o-line isn’t a solid unit. It’s very possible Eagles will eat their lunch. We’ll find out in due time. But up until now they have been good. 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Maybe. We’ll see. They are in the Super Bowl for a reason too. Nothing wrong with giving them a tip of the cap for things they have done well this season. 

Every year 2 teams are in the SB for a reason. There are literally only 4 teams in the history of the SB to get there the way the Eagles did.

They are the last team since the 2000 Ravens to give up 7 or less in 2 straight playoff games.

The 49ers were 12-0 coming into that game and they were humiliated. 

You are free to be superstitious and nervous but the facts are the facts.

The Eagles all-time dominance on both lines is not my opinion. Its recognized by everyone.

People are saying '85 Bears because they are 2 sacks away, that's not opinion.

Watch the 10 minute breakdown from the Pat McAfee show on the O-line.

None of this guarantees anything. The Eagles could fumble 4 times and lose by 13 but these teams are not even and this matchup is not close.

We are not here to tip the cap. We don't influence the game. KC was abused this offseason after Hill left and I was saying they would be fine. I respect the hell out of Andy and Kelce and Mahomes.  I am not downplaying them or throwing shade. I just see what is obvious that these Eagles are a cheat code.

They waited until now to launch that balloon. They were originally planning to do it in October, but they were concerned about Kyle Schwarber's moon shots blowing it out of the sky.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Every year 2 teams are in the SB for a reason. There are literally only 4 teams in the history of the SB to get there the way the Eagles did.

They are the last team since the 2000 Ravens to give up 7 or less in 2 straight playoff games.

The 49ers were 12-0 coming into that game and they were humiliated. 

You are free to be superstitious and nervous but the facts are the facts.

The Eagles all-time dominance on both lines is not my opinion. Its recognized by everyone.

People are saying '85 Bears because they are 2 sacks away, that's not opinion.

Watch the 10 minute breakdown from the Pat McAfee show on the O-line.

None of this guarantees anything. The Eagles could fumble 4 times and lose by 13 but these teams are not even and this matchup is not close.

We are not here to tip the cap. We don't influence the game. KC was abused this offseason after Hill left and I was saying they would be fine. I respect the hell out of Andy and Kelce and Mahomes.  I am not downplaying them or throwing shade. I just see what is obvious that these Eagles are a cheat code.

A. Relax

B. I’m talking about just their o-line which about 5% of your post is about. 

C. Yeah, I’ve said the Eagles are the better team. 

D. If we don’t influence the game, then it’s perfectly fine to tip the cap. Nothing matters. Eat at Arby’s. 

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It literally is. They played who’s on their schedule and their o-line as a unit has played very good all year. Just because they didn’t play the best pass rush every week doesn’t mean their o-line isn’t a solid unit. It’s very possible Eagles will eat their lunch. We’ll find out in due time. But up until now they have been good. 

The NFC East was +20 

The AFC West was +2?

The Giants were 10-5-1 when not playing the Eagles and they beat 3 playoff teams. (Jax, Bal, Min)

The Giants lost 8 games this year and 7 of them were to playoff teams. The other loss was the 9-7 Lions.

Anyone who has an issue with the Giants as a relatively good playoff team then you are biased beyond reason.

The Eagles were the Giants kryptonite. The Cowboys beat them 2x but they were 1 score games.

You can understand that the Chargers had exactly 1 win vs a team that had less than 10 losses, right?

The NFC East won 4 playoff games this year.

The AFC West has won 2.

At the beginning of the season there were only 2 great teams. Philly and Buffalo. (I thought Buffalo was the favorite)

Buffalo lost Micah Hyde in week 2 and Von Miller in week 11 and had a bunch of other injuries for 2-5 games for lots of players.

Josh Allen also got Hero ball-itis.

So now its only 1 great team left. Lets see if they can finish it off vs a team that is good or very good, but not on their level.

Even being the better team I'd be worried of passive Gannon vs Mahomes.

It looks like we have "We're going to gut them." Gannon now.

BTW, anyone is free to show the why KC is really awesome research if they want.

10 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

They waited until now to launch that balloon. They were originally planning to do it in October, but they were concerned about Kyle Schwarber's moon shots blowing it out of the sky.

image.gif.7bfe9116d80fc365935ec289cc19ee70.gif

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

You get that the NFC East was +20 this year, right?

You get that the AFC West was +2?  20 is better, yes?

You can understand that the Giants were 10-5-1 when not playing the Eagles and they beat 3 playoff teams. (Jax, Bal, Min)

The Giants lost 8 games this year and 7 of them were to playoff teams. The other loss was the 9-7 Lions.

If you still have an issue with the Giants as a relatively good playoff team then you are biased beyond reason.

The Eagles were the Giants kryptonite. The Cowboys beat them 2x but they were 1 score games.

You can understand that the Chargers had exactly 1 win vs a team that had less than 10 losses, right?

The NFC East won 4 playoff games this year.

The AFC West has won 2.

At the beginning of the season there were only 2 great teams. Philly and Buffalo. (I thought Buffalo was the favorite)

Buffalo lost Micah Hyde in week 2 and Von Miller in week 11 and had a bunch of other injuries for 2-5 games for lots of players.

Josh Allen also got Hero ball-itis.

So now its only 1 great team left. Lets see if they can finish it off vs a team that is good or very good, but not on their level.

Even being the better team I'd be worried of passive Gannon vs Mahomes.

It looks like we have "We're going to gut them." Gannon now.

BTW, you are free to show the why KC is really awesome research if you want.

Lol literally nothing of this has to do with KC’s O-line. 

Its like TCU vs Georgia  (not to that extreme)

Philly has seen everything that KC can do on both lines.

KC has not seen anything like either of the Philly lines.

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

What media "hate”?   Remember the song "no one likes us we don’t care”?   

Why do you care?  

There is some hate but I think it’s mostly generated by getting clicks for saying outrageous things. That and players on other teams being jealous. 

55 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Now do defense.  That's where he needs to prove it next.

I wonder if his plan all along was to focus on 1 side of the ball thru the draft and the other side thru FA's. How else could 1 side be so heavily dominated with their own picks vs the other side of the ball with FA's? Either crazy luck or intentional genius...

Archived