EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

There is some hate but I think it’s mostly generated by getting clicks for saying outrageous things. That and players on other teams being jealous. 

Kittle was calling the Eagles paper champions last week.

He sure showed us!

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the concept of the media attacking the Eagles schedule is unclear to any of you its because you have a problem processing information.

I never ask anyone to trust me on anything.  I just tell them to remove their ignorance through experience.

This is Rich Eisen who knows this stuff better than us  (NFL media coverage) talking about the untested Eagles narrative.

Its not the first time he's talked about it.

And every number I use for stats usually comes from here.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

A. Relax

B. I’m talking about just their o-line which about 5% of your post is about. 

C. Yeah, I’ve said the Eagles are the better team. 

D. If we don’t influence the game, then it’s perfectly fine to tip the cap. Nothing matters. Eat at Arby’s. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

spacer.png

1 out of every 5 years I stumble across one and get it. Their chicken fingers and curly fries remain constant.

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

1 out of every 5 years I stumble across one and get it. Their chicken fingers and curly fries remain constant.

I go with the beef and cheddar if I’m going there. I know what the meat is but if I’m going to Arby’s that’s what I’m getting with curly fries

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

image.gif.f970b5eab9043bfdce02f7192d9db963.gif

NFLN is replaying the "Philly Special” documentary about SB 52. It’s still crazy to watch everything and how it unfolded. There were so many insane moments in this game. Man. 

4 hours ago, Thrive said:

Not sure about this. He is the de facto run game coordinator, which, for this offense is probably more important than Kevin Patulo’s role.

Yes, but the run game is also in his wheelhouse.  He doesn’t have to get involved in the skill positions to the extent tat the pass game requires. Focus on providing the protection with his big uglies and leave te rest to other minds … and like Kelce is doing, have a whole lot of fun.

4 hours ago, Captain F said:

We have all buried Howie just about every draft day, but this is remarkable.  

FB_IMG_1675475038020.jpg

7D29E2C5-86DB-4EAB-99E4-7FFA626A0D71.jpeg

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Don’t look at the defense.  

It isn’t horrible.  Just not as good as the O

interestingly the Chiefs and Eagles are offset mirror images of one another.  From the Draft the Eagles are 10 out of 11 on Offense and the Chiefs are 9 out of 11 on Defense, with both teams heavily non-Draft on the other side.

6 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I approve of Ken Jennings as the permanent host on Jeopardy. 

He’s a natural. So smooth. And his interview skills are so much better than Alex’s. In fact, I thought Alex was cringy in those interviews. 

6 hours ago, jamiller said:

You may be too young but @FranklinFldEBUpper should remember the Sunoco books of football stickers.  You bought gas and got a couple of players to put in the book, which had every team's starters on O and D.  Awesome.  I may still have a book.

I have all sorts of signed photos from Father Son/Daughter Philly Police Dinners where an Eagle would speak.  All early 70s stuff, when of course the Birds sucked but still great memories from those dinners.  Usually a lineman or some special teams player would come out (prolly could only afford like a $500 speaker fee) and they always went the extra mile and stayed a few hours to sign stuff.  And they brought mad swag (to a 13 year old stickers and photos and pins were like crack).  Bonus was they were at the Navy Yard and we would get to tour a ship each year.  Some of my favorite memories along with going to so many games as a kid. Lucky.

I don't recall those Sunoco stickers. What I most remember from Sunoco from back then was these collector coins they had of old automobiles. I remember being really into those when I was about eight years old. I even looked on Ebay a few years ago to see if they were available. They were, but I didn’t bother.

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Don’t be surprised if he unretires again in order to go to the 49ers.  That was being discussed today on Pro Football Talk.

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Rams went all in with an expensive veteran QB. Eagles didn’t.  Huge difference.  He’s a moron if he thinks they’re the same thing.  

He’s a moron … period.  A very rich moron.

5 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Don’t be surprised if he unretires again in order to go to the 49ers.  That was being discussed today on Pro Football Talk.

I’m banking on him doing it tbh. 

4 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

The first 2 reps are Jalen Carter VS Broderick Jones. Broderick flat out owns him back to back.

We need this prodigy under Stoutland's tutelage.

Welcome to the Smith - Brown - Jones roster.  Looks like I’m going to have to order a larger bus. 😉😉😉

4 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

I dont think their OL is great. Their tackles can be had

Their Interior Line is solid though.  Our DTs are going to have a battle on their hands pushing the pocket … but the wild card is going to be that their Interior Linemen have to play all the snaps while our six man DT rotation will mean they are likely to wear down while we stay fresh.

3 hours ago, Captain F said:

I wonder if his plan all along was to focus on 1 side of the ball thru the draft and the other side thru FA's. How else could 1 side be so heavily dominated with their own picks vs the other side of the ball with FA's? Either crazy luck or intentional genius...

You spelled genius incorrectly.  It is spelled Stoutland.

6 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Maybe. We’ll see. They are in the Super Bowl for a reason too. Nothing wrong with giving them a tip of the cap for things they have done well this season. 

Of course...  but why not have fun with Gannon's tweet every time the opportunity arises?

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I go with the beef and cheddar if I’m going there. I know what the meat is but if I’m going to Arby’s that’s what I’m getting with curly fries

I was just going to point out their beef and cheddar with the red sauce is my go to from them. 

And the seasoned curly fries are a must. 

10 hours ago, Fresh_Prince said:

How does a broadcaster 'decline', exactly? It's not like he has statistics.

He dropped two spots in the Broadcaster Power Rankings.

9 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Don’t look at the defense.  

Graham, Sweat, Cox, Edwards, Maddox. Certainly not stellar, but we have some pieces there too.

Davis should be a starter next year, and we’ll probably have Dean step in as well. Williams will have a bigger role.

Add in 1 or 2 rookies from the top two rounds in this draft and it will start to balance out more.

9 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

The first 2 reps are Jalen Carter VS Broderick Jones. Broderick flat out owns him back to back.

We need this prodigy under Stoutland's tutelage.

He may not make it to 10 even. 

Happy fifth anniversary of the Super Bowl 52 eagles win in 2018. I’m very confident that the eagles will add to that Lombardi in eight days time.

Ive got a name for the game next sunday, the big let down, whatcha think

Archived