Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Classic

:lol:

Archive Material...

At some point, they need to look at removing equipment from players, not constantly adding to it to promote safety or prevent injuries.  The constant need to add kit only promotes a misguided mindest of safety for players

17 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Coming right up... No Tackling on Defense. QBs in Red " No Touch" Jerseys...

They already have Horse Collar in place... which I agree with, BTW...that's potentially destructive..

But WTF?

1 hour ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

59 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

... i'll delete the post... 

I don't typically step in on arguments, but as someone who is currently personally taking care of an extremely ill mother, who has suffered multiple strokes over the past 18 months and has stage 4 lung cancer requiring now daily chemo drugs, I want to chime in here and say that it's out of line and out of bounds to flame another member about the death of a parent (or any other loved one). 

A death certificate isn't needed, my vouching for the fact isn't either, though I can certainly vouch if asked to. 

Arguing, flaming and getting on each other is all part of the EMB and has been since the day I joined, but when it comes to family deaths, let's not go there. 

We're moving rapidly toward our second Super Bowl appearance in 5 years an God willing, our second parade in that same time span. Let's focus our efforts in that direction. 

Im here now, brothers and sisters, Im here, but only for a little while, so...........................................................................

30 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Just go with the Pro Bowl model: no tackling, flags, dodgeball (No head shots!), tiddly winks...

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Just go with the Pro Bowl model: no tackling, flags, dodgeball (No head shots!), tiddly winks...

I heard Julian Love is good at tiddly winks.

16 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

At some point, they need to look at removing equipment from players, not constantly adding to it to promote safety or prevent injuries.  The constant need to add kit only promotes a misguided mindest of safety for players

New NFL equipment...

BubbleBall+MD.jpg

11 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't typically step in on arguments, but as someone who is currently personally taking care of an extremely ill mother, who has suffered multiple strokes over the past 18 months and has stage 4 lung cancer requiring now daily chemo drugs, I want to chime in here and say that it's out of line and out of bounds to flame another member about the death of a parent (or any other loved one). 

A death certificate isn't needed, my vouching for the fact isn't either, though I can certainly vouch if asked to. 

Arguing, flaming and getting on each other is all part of the EMB and has been since the day I joined, but when it comes to family deaths, let's not go there. 

We're moving rapidly toward our second Super Bowl appearance in 5 years an God willing, our second parade in that same time span. Let's focus our efforts in that direction. 

Fair enough, VA. I respect your opinion and fairness in all things EMB. With no harm/no foul, i'm volunteering deleting those posts. 

14 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

New NFL equipment...

BubbleBall+MD.jpg

Give it a couple of years and they will get there.... Then Sills will claim there is too much whiplash, and players will need to wear safety gear to stop that

8daacfe5aed8132608da7e28d24272a4.jpeg

1 minute ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

Fair enough, VA. I respect your opinion and fairness in all things EMB. With no harm/no foul, i'm volunteering deleting those posts. 

I appreciate you deleting them. The death of a parent (or anyone close to you), is a hard thing to endure.

29 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Amazing how a quick glance at these injury reports gets me almost every time, even though its gone on all year long. I see a crap ton of names, and think "What the hell hap...oh, yeah, resting guys".

5 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

lol it took a mod to speak out against what you said for you to realize you were being a dumb F?

@VaBeach_Eagle I have the utmost respect for your position. Thank you for stepping in.

I thought @wholesale_Melvin backed off after the initial exchange. Overstepped, maybe, but stopped himself. Props for that.

I would hope we have a higher Bar in here, regarding civility and respect, than in some other areas of the Board. We'll see. 

I am also a sole caregiver, 92 yr old Mom with Dementia...I get it. I live with it every day.

Fun is fun, and then there's a line. Cross it at your peril. THAT is a WARNING for those that may be slow on the uptake..

Some of us have Real World Issues, every day...

Just now, UndyTaker said:

lol it took a mod to speak out against what you said for you to realize you were being a dumb F?

just respect for VA.

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Oddly enough mod’s let that go.   VaBeach isn’t a mod.  

Point was made.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I can post what I want.   Thanks 

Always snarky. Love you, too.

BTW, nice edit. You DO care...:lol:

17 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I don’t need your guidance or approval.  Thanks.  

You could use alot more

Archived