NYG #1: 3/4

Bears (dog ish): 2/3

Dallas #2: 3/5

Saints (dog ish): 1/3

NYG#2 (Webb): 1/2

NYG #3: 1/1

San Fran (dog ish): 0/0

KC: 4/5

So essentially, if youre not total dog ish and have any semblance of coaching, its not so pretty.

The only teams we held under 50% were the Vikes, Commanders once, Steelers, Colts, Saints, and Titans.  Whoopee.  

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Kansas City was 28th. 

They held us to 3/5.  

Coaching won them that game and our little DC got pantsed.

Took a look at the 49ers sub and they are celebrating saying Karma got the Eagles.  Karma for what? 49era have acted like a total bad sport embarrassment since their loss. Like children throwing a temper tantrum. 

2 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

You know what, F it, I looked it up.  Our opponents this year in the RZ:

Detroit (legit offense): 4/4

Vikes: 1/4

Commanders (Wentz, dog ish): 1/3

Jags: 2/3

Arizona: 1/2

Dallas #1 (Cooper Rush): 2/3

Steelers (rookie QB): 1/3

Texans (dog ish): 2/4

Commanders #2 (Heinecke, stud): 2/3

Colts (dog ish): 1/3

Pack (injured ARod): 2/4

Titans (dog ish): 0/2

NYG #1: 3/4

Bears (dog ish): 2/3

Dallas #2: 3/5

Saints (dog ish): 1/3

NYG#2 (Webb): 1/2

NYG #3: 1/1

San Fran (dog ish): 0/0

KC: 4/5

So essentially, if youre not total dog ish and have any semblance of coaching, its not so pretty.

The only teams we held under 50% were the Vikes, Commanders once, Steelers, Colts, Saints, and Titans.  Whoopee.  

Yeah, the totality of that says the Eagles weren’t "dog S,” but have at it. 

4 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

They held us to 3/5.  

He did for sure. I agree.

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Took a look at the 49ers sub and they are celebrating saying Karma got the Eagles.  Karma for what? 49era have acted like a total bad sport embarrassment since their loss. Like children throwing a temper tantrum. 

May they lose all their free agents. ☠️

5 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

They held us to 3/5.  

And yet we lose our OC who be in large impressed and we have Gannon for another year. 

The Panthers hired Jim Caldwell as a "Senior assistant.” They supposedly have interest in Brian Johnson as OC. I’m curious if Caldwell in in play as OC there if they don’t get Johnson. 

What are the chances Slay is still on the team next season? Felt he fell off in the 2nd half of the season, and the way above average QBs are making easy completions, is he worth keeping around?

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yeah, the totality of that says the Eagles weren’t "dog S,” but have at it. 

No the vast majority of our opponents were dog ish though, and it helped inflated our numbers.  Thats my main point, because judging from the eye test we never seemed to do the bend dont break thing. 

We were good enough not to have to bend.  Most of the time, we just destroyed bad OLs and offenses. Until we were made to bend and then we broke. 

But seriously, rather than go back and forth, tell me what is Gannons calling card?  What does he do well?  Why is he such an attractive candidate?  I honestly dont get it 

Maybe Steichen won’t pilfer our staff of defensive assistants. Obviously that’s not as much of a concern for him as it is Gannon. 

16 minutes ago, austinfan said:

It will be interesting to see if Johnson is the OC if they go to a more conventional passing offense.

Johnson coached Dak in college, but also Trask, he's not wedded to a running QB.

I think if they're committing to Hurts long-term, they have to get away from RPO concepts and develop him further as a pocket QB, and let him use his legs to buy time and exploit man defenses that leave open space to scramble - but teams have adjusted to the RPO and spy on him - which leads to bad hits and bad plays.

Or draft a good, mobile backup.

Just now, Mike31mt said:

No the vast majority of our opponents were dog ish though, and it helped inflated our numbers.  Thats my main point, because judging from the eye test we never seemed to do the bend dont break thing. 

We were good enough not to have to bend,l most of the time, we just destroyed bad OLs and offenses. Until we were made to bend and then we broke. 

But seriously, rather than go back and forth, tell me what is Gannons calling card?  What does he do well?  Why is he such an attractive candidate?  I honestly dont get it 

His calling card is limiting big plays and forcing teams to drive down the field without making a mistake that ends drives. 

He has to be better against good QBs. No question about it. 

26 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Brian Johnson is the way to go.  It's not at all a hard decision.  Makes a lot of sense on multiple fronts. 

I’m definitely in favor of him moving up. I just hope we get another good QB coach in here. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

His calling card is limiting big plays and forcing teams to drive down the field without making a mistake that ends drives. 

He has to be better against good QBs. No question about it. 

Im really not trying to be facetious...I just feel like Im missing something with this dude.

I was probably too hard on him last season, but damn....is that really what these franchises are looking for?  

A 2 high safety zone guy?  The NFL is f'ed up, I dont get it.  

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I’m definitely in favor of him moving up. I just hope we get another good QB coach in here. 

I bet they promote Alex Tanney. 

Just now, Mike31mt said:

Im really not trying to be facetious...I just feel like Im missing something with this dude.

I was probably too hard on him last season, but damn....is that really what these franchises are looking for?  

A 2 high safety zone guy?  The NFL is f'ed up, I dont get it.  

He probably won’t be worth discussing after today. We’ll see who the Eagles replace him with. Maybe Sean Desai? He got a bunch of interviews and is from the Fangio tree. Maybe we just promote Wilson or Rallis?

22 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I read a stat that says over the past two years the Chiefs ran in-breaking routes 97 percent of the time from that alignment with motion, and100 percent of the time in 2022. 

They caught us in auto pilot. 

They ran tendency breakers all game and Gannon didn't get it.  The secondary was owned all game.  The problem was Gannon didn't understand that dying slowly killed the team.  With 5:49 left in the game he needed to go straight man coverage and 0 blitz every down in the  hope of forcing some mistake.  He didn't and let them kill the clock.  

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

They ran tendency breakers all game and Gannon didn't get it.  The secondary was owned all game.  The problem was Gannon didn't understand that dying slowly killed the team.  With 5:49 left in the game he needed to go straight man coverage and 0 blitz every down in the  hope of forcing some mistake.  He didn't and let them kill the clock.  

Absolutely. Although eff the refs for deciding to throw that flag. 

Sirianni has been coaching in the NFL since 2009, he's built up a lot of relationships with coaches over the years. I don't think it will be like Doug trying to keep the only coaches he knows. I don't think the offense will change all that much, basically the same players and the core philosophy will remain.

Defense seems to have a lesser impact every year and with all of the money they had invested in it this year, it didn't pan out in the end. I think it may be better to have lesser talent and a better scheme that can adapt. Gannon couldn't do it with lesser talent, and he couldn't do it with all of the talent they had this year. Same results against above average QB's. I hope they are only holding onto Gannon for now to make his candidate as a HC stronger. If he doesn't get the job in AZ, I would like to see them part ways. I have no faith in him adjusting.

Archived