EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

In regards to "Eagles trying to convince Gannon to stay” I hope Gannon is smart enough to realize he’s probably losing half his players and will likely not have this dominant of defense to hang his hat on next year. This very well could be his only chance at a HC job. 

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

In regards to "Eagles trying to convince Gannon to stay” I hope Gannon is smart enough to realize he’s probably losing half his players and will likely not have this dominant of defense to hang his hat on next year. This very well could be his only chance at a HC job. 

What would they convince him with?  He obviously wants to be a head coach; he interviewed for HOU and MIN last year.  HOU and ARI again this year.  Sirianni isn’t going anywhere, and if Nick gets fired in the next few seasons I can’t see Gannon being his successor.

A coach wants and needs to get his name on that head coaching carousel.  

6 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

What would they convince him with?  He obviously wants to be a head coach; he interviewed for HOU and MIN last year.  HOU and ARI again this year.  Sirianni isn’t going anywhere, and if Nick gets fired in the next few seasons I can’t see Gannon being his successor.

A coach wants and needs to get his name on that head coaching carousel.  

Maybe they are offering him a second bye week next year when they play chiefs…

As much as we want Gannon to leave, I think the Cardinals and Colts are horrible jobs. Irsay is a bad owner, and ultimately working for good ownership is probably the most important thing for a coach. And the Cardinals aren't exactly the best owned team either, but have a disaster at QB.

If Chris Ballard can't get Steichen a top 2 QB in the draft, that organization will continue to suck and he'll be fired in 2-3 years.

Can't shake this feeling of disappointment and angst.

The terrible field conditions were even more egregious than the penalty at the end.

This one feels worse than the 2004-05 Super Bowl loss. 

The product is not what it should be.

Fans deserve better.

3 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

The terrible field conditions were even more egregious than the penalty at the end.

Fans deserve better.

Exactly bro!  Those conditions were a disgrace in the biggest game of the year. 

Think I should have went to this one and maybe I Butterfly Effect us into a win like that Division game 

I can’t get over Kadarius f’ing Toney was able to score so easily with basic presnap movement 

8 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Exactly bro!  Those conditions were a disgrace in the biggest game of the year. 

Think I should have went to this one and maybe I Butterfly Effect us into a win like that Division game 

It boggles my mind that the biggest game of the year had one of the sheetiest fields of the year.

In AZ. With clear skies and 75 degree temps.

There were at least two dozen times when the Eagles DL was completely neutralized by something out of their control.

Not to mention if Gainwell doesn't slip, then there probably isn't a fumble by Hurts because he picks up that 1st down.

I know it's revisionist history.

And the Eagles defense blew multiple plays.

Just disappointed.

11 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

It boggles my mind that the biggest game of the year had one of the sheetiest fields of the year.

In AZ. With clear skies and 75 degree temps.

There were at least two dozen times when the Eagles DL was completely neutralized by something out of their control.

Not to mention if Gainwell doesn't slip, then there probably isn't a fumble by Hurts because he picks up that 1st down.

I know it's revisionist history.

And the Eagles defense blew multiple plays.

Just disappointed.

I’m no agronomist but it’s been unusually cold for Arizona standards this winter in the mornings and evenings. I don’t know if that could have messed with the field being outside before they rolled it in, but who knows. Maybe someone smarter than me with that stuff can have some input. 

1 minute ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I’m no agronomist but it’s been unusually cold in Arizona this winter in the mornings and evenings. I don’t know if that could have messed with the field being outside before they rolled it in, but who knows. Maybe someone smarter than me with that stuff can have some input. 

The last Super Bowl I can remember with worse field conditions was in 2007 in Miami with the Bears vs Colts.

And that was in a monsoon with torrential downpours.

I lived in south FL at the time. 

We did keg stands on the porch watching the buckets of rain fall.

3 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I’m no agronomist but it’s been unusually cold for Arizona standards this winter in the mornings and evenings. I don’t know if that could have messed with the field being outside before they rolled it in, but who knows. Maybe someone smarter than me with that stuff can have some input. 

Nah, it is always a piece of 💩 .  Apparently they haven't figured out that their system doesn't work.  2 years, $800k and that's the product they (literally) rolled on the field. Disgraceful.  Can please stop having NFL games on that slop??

I just don’t understand the whole field condition thing. Why did the Eagles not have better cleats with them? Why did KC not have as many guys slipping and falling? 

I don’t really think paint has much to do with it as SB52 and others had similar designs. 

27 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I can’t get over Kadarius f’ing Toney was able to score so easily with basic presnap movement 

I think that one the secondary thought they recognized a play but Reid fooled them.  Abandoned their fundamentals.  The Moore TD Maddox followed him on the motion but slid on that  💩 field when he changed direction.  

If pass rushers can’t get traction, they can’t bull rush. They can’t turn the corner. They can’t use almost any of their moves. No ones talking about it, but that may have more of an effect on the game than anything else. Note to teams who can’t pass rush and are playing teams that can: paint your field. What a f-ing joke

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I just don’t understand the whole field condition thing. Why did the Eagles not have better cleats with them? Why did KC not have as many guys slipping and falling? 

I don’t really think paint has much to do with it as SB52 and others had similar designs. 

Found that odd too.

KC DL and RBs were not slipping nearly as much as the Eagles DL and RBs.

I'm biased of course.

But something isn't right.

1 minute ago, blindside said:

If pass rushers can’t get traction, they can’t bull rush. They can’t turn the corner. They can’t use almost any of their moves. No ones talking about it, but that may have more of an effect on the game than anything else. Note to teams who can’t pass rush and are playing teams that can: paint your field. What a f-ing joke

Exactly.  Our edge rusher rely on speed and bend.  Two things that don't work on grass with no roots.  Reddick and Sweat were going down on their own trying to turn the corner.  Hargrave trying to push up the middle.

Yeah, I saw the Chiefs slipping some but our guys were on roller skates  🛼 out there🤦‍♂️

Just now, Cliftoma said:

Exactly.  Our edge rusher rely on speed and bend.  Two things that don't work on grass with no roots.  Reddick and Sweat were going down on their own trying to turn the corner.  Hargrave trying to push up the middle.

Yeah, I saw the Chiefs slipping some but our guys were on roller skates  🛼 out there🤦‍♂️

It won't happen.

But there should be an investigation.

Into the field preparation.

Eagles weren't given a fair shake.

This isn't the way it should be.

Gannon was lost on those goal line calls obviously, but it was really compounded when we went 3 & out and then allowed the punt return after the first and before the second. It didn't give Gannon anytime to think and come up with a better call. And he obviously needed it.

13 hours ago, Utebird said:

This may seem far fetched and maybe I'm grasping  at straws because I'm wrecked but I'm convinced the league knew how bad that field would be and new covering it in paint would make it so slippery and did it on purpose as to avoid another von Miller super bowl.

When astro turf first came into play it made the game faster and more high scoring until defenses figured out that it made them faster of the edge as well.

All the sudden every team in the league has sine 250 pound speedball  edge rusher, and we here all this talk about converting speed to power and all the sudden these little speed balls like vin Miller are wrecking games.

I'm sure the league seeing their MVP with a high ankle sprain and the eagles knocked Ng out the niners two and thought we can't have a super bowl where our immobile marquee guy gets knocked out if the game, no one wants to see the chiefs starting RB throwing passes after Chad henne goes out so what we going to do.

Cover the whole crappy field in effin paint so it's like playing on an oil slik which will totally take phillys  pass rush out of the game and keep mahommes safe and  turn it into a high flying high scoring an duel instead of an actual football game with defense.

And that's what we got.

One incompletion in the  2nd half by mahommes as the eagles DEs were skating all over that field, just an atrocious showing by the NFL and they should be embarrassed but they won't because they made a truckload of money last night so who cares right...😡

I had the same thoughts, leveling the playing field so to speak. Don’t bet the SB point spreads unless you got inside info. F the NFL if they would pull that

13 hours ago, Utebird said:

This may seem far fetched and maybe I'm grasping  at straws because I'm wrecked but I'm convinced the league knew how bad that field would be and new covering it in paint would make it so slippery and did it on purpose as to avoid another von Miller super bowl.

When astro turf first came into play it made the game faster and more high scoring until defenses figured out that it made them faster of the edge as well.

All the sudden every team in the league has sine 250 pound speedball  edge rusher, and we here all this talk about converting speed to power and all the sudden these little speed balls like vin Miller are wrecking games.

I'm sure the league seeing their MVP with a high ankle sprain and the eagles knocked Ng out the niners two and thought we can't have a super bowl where our immobile marquee guy gets knocked out if the game, no one wants to see the chiefs starting RB throwing passes after Chad henne goes out so what we going to do.

Cover the whole crappy field in effin paint so it's like playing on an oil slik which will totally take phillys  pass rush out of the game and keep mahommes safe and  turn it into a high flying high scoring an duel instead of an actual football game with defense.

And that's what we got.

One incompletion in the  2nd half by mahommes as the eagles DEs were skating all over that field, just an atrocious showing by the NFL and they should be embarrassed but they won't because they made a truckload of money last night so who cares right...😡

This is perfectly said.

Eagles never had a fair shake.

This one gets a mfing asterisk.

Forever.

1 hour ago, Iggles25 said:

Fans deserve better.

Add in depression and that's me as well. I've never been confident and felt peaceful before but I did last week. Surreal.

2 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Add in depression and that's me as well. I've never been confident and felt peaceful before but I did last week. Surreal.

I'm also depressed.

And it is surreal.

Eagles fans deserve better.

That field was not right.

13 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Scoring 35 points should be enough to win the Super Bowl; the defense just didn't play well enough to close the deal after taking a 24-14 lead.  Kansas City were a 14-3 team just like the Eagles were.  It seems strange to me that folks think the Eagles are so much better on paper -- they're not.  

Eagles had an advantage with their WR over the Chiefs young secondary and that played out.  Smith and Brown combined for almost 200 yards.  The Eagles are a slightly better team in the trenches, not that much better.  On this night the Chiefs OL was better, and Mahomes got the ball out quick.  The Eagles OL didn't do a good enough job in the run game.  The Chiefs front 7 did a lot to neutralize the Eagles "advantage"; the Eagles only rushed for just over 100 yards in the game.  Game was lost in the trenches, and Reid did a great job scheming up those goal line plays on their last 2 TDs.  

Some of you guys want to get out the pitchforks like it's the first time the Chiefs have ever scored 38 points in a game.  The Eagles kept the KC offense off the field in the first half -- they weren't able to do it in the second half.

Like butta

Archived