EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, greendestiny27 said:

I mean I'd trade him for another player on a similar contract and similar disappointment on the field. I just really don't want to see him back at all. I'm reading there is an out after the first year though I just don't know what the ramifications are. 

Yeah leanmean, dum and i had this discussion a couple weeks back. Spotrac is likely wrong and overthecap is more accurate 

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Forgot backup QB is gonna be an Eagles target this offseason.

Tragic Carson strong didn’t pan out.   

Just now, Know Life said:

Who replaces Steichen? I’m not too familiar with the options. Do we hire in-house?

It’s likely brian Johnson the Qb coach. 

1 hour ago, The Blackfish said:

Great, they have him next season in KC, so the NFL will make that the first Monday night. 

Thursday 

Which might be a good thing if that means we don’t have to play another Thursday game. 

Also means we wouldn’t have to travel to Germany. 

Gannon's biggest failures were two fold:

The 2 week prep for the Chiefs. They came in totally unprepared for what the Chiefs threw at them schematically. They talk about self scouting all the time, but got absolutely toasted by those fake jet sweeps that they bit on all game.

And in-game, the adjustment he needed to make was in the 2nd half gear up to stop the run. The field was a mess, they weren't going to get pressure on Mahomes, they just should have accepted that. But the fact that they let the Chiefs gash them on the ground too was the back breaker. If they stopped their run game I think it would've been a different story.

I don't think his failure was not adjusting man vs zone. That never had anything to do with their struggles.

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

We’re in a win-now window, even if we need some heavy retooling on defense. There’s no way Howie is going to let the defense erode to nothing. He’ll find some money. 

I hate that you're right about this. It's the wrong approach, but Howie will do it.

Just now, RLC said:

I hate that you're right about this. It's the wrong approach, but Howie will do it.

Why would you hate that? We went to a Super Bowl with smart picks ups and kicking the can. 

I didn’t pay enough attention during the Reid era. Did we ever do something similar pre-snap? 

58 minutes ago, shlo said:

Watch the video. There's no facemask. 

I just looked myself on YouTube.  He never touched or grabbed Jalens face mask.   The angle from the picture makes it look like there was.

12 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Gannon's biggest failures were two fold:

The 2 week prep for the Chiefs. They came in totally unprepared for what the Chiefs threw at them schematically. They talk about self scouting all the time, but got absolutely toasted by those fake jet sweeps that they bit on all game.

And in-game, the adjustment he needed to make was in the 2nd half gear up to stop the run. The field was a mess, they weren't going to get pressure on Mahomes, they just should have accepted that. But the fact that they let the Chiefs gash them on the ground too was the back breaker. If they stopped their run game I think it would've been a different story.

I don't think his failure was not adjusting man vs zone. That never had anything to do with their struggles.

This game kind of reminded me in the middle of the year when Jordan Davis got hurt and before they brought in Suh and Joseph.  They were having issues stopping the run, particularly against the Texans.  

Honestly it's a $hitty feeling when you see your team get run on and it seems like they can't stop it.  

I read that snippet in his column and it seems to me he was implying they tried to convince him throughout the process. It didn't sound like he meant they're still trying to convince him now.

But either way, it seems like they're more trying to convince him to stay than Steichen, which is ridiculous. Their obsession with Gannon is so odd. They may think he's a bright young coach, but the way they talk about this guy, you'd think he invented defense. There are plenty of defensive coordinators out there who are good and who have been good. The world doesn't begin and end with Jonathan Gannon.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Why?

Don't they realize they won't be playing Brock Purdy or Daniel Jones if they make it back to the SB?

Where did Breer say this? This is the closest thing I saw on Twitter which if they are referencing it is a huge stretch

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I guess we’re firing Sirianni to promote Gannon to HC. 

J/K

spacer.png

Archived