EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Where did Breer say this? This is the closest thing I saw on Twitter which if they are referencing it is a huge stretch

It was in his Sports Illustrated piece for MMQB.

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Gannon does stick around for whatever reason I want him nowhere near a play sheet during the game. Send him up to the booth.

34 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

What’s great about this is listening to solak on the podcast just say that in game adjustments is not what Gannon does and that Gannon’s defense is not going to work against elite QBs  (it was a good 5 min rant)

3 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

It was in his Sports Illustrated piece for MMQB.

Oh, so "breaking” news that people took all day to read. 

Oh, so "breaking” news that people took all day to read. 

I’m a slow reader. 

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

I don't think Howie is going to let Hargrave go. I know he'll be expensive, but Howie highly values DT. And with Cox likely gone and Davis disappointing, I can't see him letting him go. What else would they have there? I think letting Bradberry go is more likely since they'll likely have their pick of CBs at the 10th pick.

Davis is not disappointing, people have unrealistic expectations of rookies.

He's a good bet to break out in his second season.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m a slow reader. 

Meant the people tweeting it as breaking news but you probably know that 

Meant the people tweeting it as breaking news but you probably know that 

Gonna have to give me 15 mins to read this thoroughly 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What’s great about this is listening to solak on the podcast just say that in game adjustments is not what Gannon does and that Gannon’s defense is not going to work against elite QBs  (it was a good 5 min rant)

Whatever the Bengals do is the best defense vs the Chiefs. I’d imagine he’d at least take some of what they were doing scheme wise. 

9 minutes ago, austinfan said:

He was borderline invisible all season. And when he played didn't play all that well. Not sure what you think my expectations were, but expecting him to look decent isn't a high bar for a first round pick you traded up for.

4 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Whatever the Bengals do is the best defense vs the Chiefs. I’d imagine he’d at least take some of what they were doing scheme wise. 

The bengals defense tends to get better as the game wears on vs. the chiefs. The bengals have given up 0, 0 and 3 points in the last 3 4th quarters vs. the chiefs. They’ve given up 9 points on average in the second half to the chiefs in those 3 games. 

I'm not sure Jordan Davis could have been much worse this year. Whatever the ceiling and floor of what he might do this year, his outcome was pretty close to the floor. Barely played, just stands right up out of his stance, gets injured a lot. It was a very rough start. He needs a lot of work.

Some feel better TV. 

This Welcome to Wrexham show is good.  Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds buy the soccer team.  Anyway, I like it. Maybe you will too.

Please don't spoil it as I am only 1 episode in.

Still depressed.  Still pissed about that lame a55 call to end the game and the absolute disgrace of a field that the NFL (literally) rolled out there.  Honestly, I think we whip that team on decent turf 8 out of 10 times.  

But, I can't help but be proud of this team. There are so many good people on this team. And I cant help but be optimistic because of this MAN and his never satisfied attitude that is infectious.  He won't let this moment define is career.  We will be back!! Congrats Birds on a helluva season! 

FB_IMG_1676332184100.jpg

I expect the Eagles to contend every year, b/c I think Hurts will continue to improve, that's why intangibles like ability to function under pressure and work ethic and intelligence are as important as athleticism and arm strength in QBs, and really for most players.

Howie has his work cut out for him, but you can build a good defense with some key players and some bargain basement acquisitions.

But the importance of experience is one reason you shouldn't expect more than 1 or 2 starters next year out of the draft. Most of the draft picks will redshirt or play STs and maybe be the 2nd backup on the depth chart.

A lot of replacements has to come from guys on the roster, though some positions will have to come from outside.

Backup QB ???

RB:  draft pick/FA, Gainwell, Scott/Sermon

WR:  draft pick/FA for 3rd WR, I think they give up on Watkins

TE:   Stoll is the blocker, Jackson/Calcaterra the H-back (and maybe both instead of a 6th WR)

OL:  Kelce/Jergens C, Jergens/Driscoll RG, Toth, Opeta

DL:  Graham - Davis - Williams - Sweat, Barnett, Joseph (resign), Ellis, draft pick, P Johnson

LB:  Riddick, draft pick, FA, Dean, Taylor, K Johnson, Bradley

CB:  Slay, draft pick, McPhearson, Maddox, Scott, Jobe

S:  Gardner-Johnson, Blackenship, Wallace, Chachere

I figure good bet they let Sanders, Seumalo, Hargrave, Cox, Dillard, Edwards, White, Bradberry, Epps, all walk.

Hargrave is probably the highest probability to retain, Gardner-Johnson will be the first priority.

Cox was helped by the talent around him but would have to take a significant pay cut to return.

I don't see Graham going elsewhere, he'll hold down LDE until a kid can start ahead of him and limit his snaps, he could fill that Long role for a couple more years.

The team will take a step backward in terms of talent, but will be an attractive landing spot for older veterans willing to play cheap and off the bench.

I can see them going 12-5 and be battle hardened for the playoffs.

55 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Thursday 

Which might be a good thing if that means we don’t have to play another Thursday game. 

Also means we wouldn’t have to travel to Germany. 

It's gotta be them or San Fran with all the crying they've done.   Buffalo is probably a mid season Monday night disaster.  

48 minutes ago, austinfan said:

People had unrealistic expectations for him specifically.

Davis was always a project, but a project with a reasonably high floor based on his size and athleticism. He was always raw, everyone knew that his conditioning was poor and that he was a completely unfinished product as a pass rusher.

The thing is, a guy with his size and athleticism who was ALSO a refined player with pass rushing moves is called a top 5 pick.

You’re welcome for the nice Valentine’s Day card for your wife, gf or whomever 

0FB027C2-CDCE-42D1-ABAE-6FD8FA0F9284.thumb.jpeg.f9468dddfb67db2bc3a6560437200951.jpeg

Well Fing kick me in the nuts even more…. I hate sports right now  

I've been hearing some Gannon defenders today also talk about how it's inevitable the defense loses some key guys.

Hmmm... Jonathan Gannon with a defenses that isn't loaded with talent. Where have we seen that before and how did that turn out? Did people forget 2021 already?

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced he can't be back next year. Not less convinced.

That was a Fing embarrassing performance that cost us another parade.

33 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Nope.  It is accurate.  Crazy but true

Wow. You’d think there would be a RB from there that scored or something. 

Archived