EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

maybe. but he played fine with it already.

It may be superficial enough that something like a lidocaine patch would work for games.

Or, he could heal pain free so we will hope for that.

4 ft Needle full of Lidocaine...hit all the sore spots, good to go...

If that guy can play, he will. :showoff:

Complete 180 on Jalen in the Blog, Anybody against him these days?

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Not SB or bust…but if they wash out quietly in the wild card round.  I wouldn’t actively clean house.  I just wouldn’t give guaranteed money to players over 30 or running backs.  Which, fine…that might be a bit of house cleaning.  

That ain't gonna happen. The quietly part...

They'll hear us in the Poconos if we lose the next three.......

Im starting to think Paris Johnson Jr might be a real possibility with our first pick. If we dont resign Seumalo of course. He played at right guard all of last year and then moved to tackle this year. This isnt a case of having him play guard till Lane retires, either. A highly projected versatile Olineman to fill a need at Oline has Howie's name written all over it.

Mind you this isnt what I necessarily think we should do but could be a realistic forecast.

Just now, UndyTaker said:

Im starting to think Paris Johnson Jr might be a real possibility with our first pick. If we dont resign Seumalo of course. He played at right guard all of last year and then moved to tackle this year. This isnt a case of having him play guard till Lane retires, either. A highly projected versatile Olineman to fill a need at Oline has Howie's name written all over it.

I've been thinking the same thing. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. 

29 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They’d have to beat tampa. Maybe they do. but it is in tampa bay, if jansen is activated it a big huge boost to them and i just don’t see Brady losing a game at home with everything on the line especially to darnold and panthers. So Carolina could win that game i don’t expect them too and that’ll make next week’s game meaningless. Frankly we should be cheering for Carolina to beat tampa for draft pick purposes 

But if Carolina wins, and the Saints somehow beat us, it opens the door for the Saints to actually win the division. So my feeling is, we root for the Panthers until our win over New Orleans is assured. If our game is in jeopardy or we somehow lose, we want the Bucs to have won. 

1 minute ago, UndyTaker said:

He's been rocketing up mock drafts lately. Not sure he'd be there at 10.

53 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

If I hear one more goofball on the blog whine "it's not our year" about a 13-2 team...

Yeah because as we all know, at the end of the year the Lombardi is awarded to the team with the best record, no matter how many garbage-arse teams they played.

Beyond that, I didn't even say that. Im saying if we cant beat the Saints with Minshew, we dont have a chance in hell to win the SB.   

13-2 doesnt mean jack ish to me if we limp into the playoffs and get bounced, especially if its the Cowboys.  Im sure youll love to reminisce about the glorious wins over Detroit and Jacksonville at that point.

4 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

He's been rocketing up mock drafts lately. Not sure he'd be there at 10.

Im thinking at least 3 QBs and 3 defensive players go the first 6-7 picks. The Tackle from Northwestern will go before Paris does, I think. If our pick stays inside the top 10 he should be there. Paris and Ringo....maybe Cam Smith or Breese could be the pick there? Might be a little to high of a pick there. If not one of those players then they may try to trade back, or they give up their other 1st rounder and go after Will Anderson or Carter or Murphy.

50 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Losing to Dallas has similar effects of PTSD to a lot of Eagles fans.  Just need to give them time; they’ll come out of it.  

Fans like you didnt even exist prior to 2017 and I wish we could go back to that time 

This happy go lucky crap is downright unacceptable in here.  

"Oh its totally fine that we blew a game vs the Cowboys that we had in the palm of our hands, because theres no way that the thing we just saw happen will ever happen again"

52 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Your takes almost always amuse me. If Blah blah blah, it's not our year...Loser Mentality.

What works in the Eagles favor is to blow the doors off the Saints and put the League on notice.

What are you afraid of, winning?

If Hurts can go, he'll want to go out and kick some Saints Butt, all day long , at Home. and secure the #1 Seed.

You think he wants something less? It's Football.

Let's get it on. It's what we're here for...

Yeah blowing the door off the Saints will definitely put the league on notice.

Can we just go back to all being miserable, please?

The only time this sort of positivity worked was when we were on the playoff run in 2017 and old timers like Flying Dutchman were in here picking us all up.  

You all need to stop this and join in our misery, youre gonna f'ing blow it.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wait.  Are you arguing that the Eagles should draft a OT with the Saints pick?   Oh hell no!   Should we just continue to avoid DE and DB for every 1st round going forward?   No.  Just no.  

Nah not saying what I think they should do, but what I can see Howie pulling the trigger for.

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wait.  Are you arguing that the Eagles should draft a OT with the Saints pick?   Oh hell no!   Should we just continue to avoid DE and DB for every 1st round going forward?   No.  Just no.  

I agree with UndyTaker.  As much as we would hate it, that is what they will do.

3 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Nah not saying what I think they should do, but what I can see Howie pulling the trigger for.

Lane is a Warrior, no argument. He will be on the field for the Stretch Run if the Sun comes up again. 

Dickerson was limping around most of the Third and Fourth Qtrs last week. He's a Gamer, too. He'll report.

Seamolu is solid, Driscoll an adequate backup, Mailata evolving as we speak.

Kelce may be playing his last season. If he's done here, he's done. He won't pull a Peters and chase a check somewhere else.

Howie drafts O Line, and we're getting ready for the next influx of guys for Stout to mold. Til then...

The time is now, the future is down the road. Not a "Window" just a confluence of positive pieces in place.

This is our time and the Saints are in the way.

Reading the tea leaves I’m guessing Hurts isn’t going to play this week, which makes things extremely interesting if they can’t beat the Saints.

10 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Fans like you didnt even exist prior to 2017 and I wish we could go back to that time 

This happy go lucky crap is downright unacceptable in here.  

"Oh its totally fine that we blew a game vs the Cowboys that we had in the palm of our hands, because theres no way that the thing we just saw happen will ever happen again"

Relax.  Breathe.  One day at a time.  

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That would be ridiculous.  So yeah. I can see Howie doing it.  F me 

Yeah you kinda have to take a shot or two of some Yukon Jack to get into Howie's way of thinking lol.

Personally I hope, and have been saying for months now, that we double down on Dline with our first 2 picks. With that said I have become more intrigued with Ringo as time has gone by.

8 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Yeah blowing the door off the Saints will definitely put the league on notice.

Can we just go back to all being miserable, please?

The only time this sort of positivity worked was when we were on the playoff run in 2017 and old timers like Flying Dutchman were in here picking us all up.  

You all need to stop this and join in our misery, youre gonna f'ing blow it.

I forgot, sorry...

Double Secret Probation...:P

Just now, GoEagles5921 said:

Reading the tea leaves I’m guessing Hurts isn’t going to play this week, which makes things extremely interesting if they can’t beat the Saints.

Minshew is better than Dalton or Winston, so I don't see it as a big issue.

2 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Let him sit before he hurts himself again by running. Minshew can handle the saints

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Minshew is better than Dalton or Winston, so I don't see it as a big issue.

The Saints defense isn’t bad though 

Just now, GoEagles5921 said:

Meh

5 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

It's no better than DAL, and Minshew put up 27 on DAL.  Saints can't (or shouldn't) be capable of scoring 27 at The Linc with Dalton/Hill at QB.  

Archived