EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if Lane were totally fine for the playoffs and his usual self, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone before halftime and done for good.  

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I guess my main concern is the "after consulting with numerous experts" wording meaning that it's likely many recommended to just get surgery and shut down. Different positions but it gives me DeSean Jackson 2019 vibes. 

If he tries and he can't go then he can't go.  But it's better than the option of him having surgery and we don't have him at all. 

2 hours ago, bitbased said:

I'm a big beer guy but even I don't like IPAs that much. They're all generally the same hop bombs. I'll gravitate towards Double/Triple IPAs since they're generally more interesting and not so hop abrasive.

I love ipa's. Which ones have you had that you didn't like? There's been a few for me but most of them I like

2 hours ago, EaglesIreland said:

Guinness here in Ireland and particularly in Dublin is mostly superb, with the only variable being a bar person who hasn’t a Fing clue how to pour a proper pint of it, and you get bubbles in or some other war crime. 

the best beer I’ve ever had was in Germany and the Czech Republic.

German beer is my go to. Hacker-pschorr, Warsteiner, DAB, etc

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It's what I expected. I think he will be fine.  Lots of players play through this and you never even know they had it. 

Lane is a tough sob. He'll be fine

There are 3 scenarios...

1. Lane guts it out and plays RT at a high level throughout the playoffs.

2. Lane and the Eagles decide, now, that he can't make a go of it and have 2 weeks to figure out the best alternate solution.

3. Lane starts at RT in the first playoff game against a (likely) outstanding pass rush, aggravates the injury, and requires a mid-game substitution.

Option #3 would lose them a playoff game.  So if Lane's gonna go, he better be ready.

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

I'd never suggest drafting a CB in round 1 if there were a more talented edge rusher available.  But all things being equal, I'd take the CB.  

When Slay and Bradberry were locking guys down, the defense was a nightmare to the opposition.  When Reddick and Sweat were absolutely teeing off from the edge on Saturday, the Cowboys still put up a 40 burger.

There's no doubt they'll take a CB high this year. I'm cool with either Smith or Ringo

2 hours ago, EaglesIreland said:

Guinness here in Ireland and particularly in Dublin is mostly superb, with the only variable being a bar person who hasn’t a Fing clue how to pour a proper pint of it, and you get bubbles in or some other war crime. 

the best beer I’ve ever had was in Germany and the Czech Republic.

Fresh Guinness is much different from aged Guinness. Guinness does not age well.  India Pale Ale was created for sending beer to "colonists” in India so the hops would hide the skunk in the beer from the long boat ride. Can’t think of a better reason to not like IPAs.

Now a good German malty wheat beer is a meal onto itself but those idiots at Blue Moon (sorry Canadian colleagues but that’s the Bud Light of Canada) insisted on putting citrus in the beer and now all the sheep craft brewers think they need to follow suit.  Were you referring to those or their pilsners?

But give me the choice of a cheap Bordeaux or a beer and I will take the red every time. 

6 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Fresh Guinness is much different from aged Guinness. Guinness does not age well.  India Pale Ale was created for sending beer to "colonists” in India so the hops would hide the skunk in the beer from the long boat ride. Can’t think of a better reason to not like IPAs.

Now a good German malty wheat beer is a meal onto itself but those idiots at Blue Moon (sorry Canadian colleagues but that’s the Bud Light of Canada) insisted on putting citrus in the beer and now all the sheep craft brewers think they need to follow suit.  Were you referring to those or their pilsners?

But give me the choice of a cheap Bordeaux or a beer and I will take the red every time. 

Expensive bordeaux is great.  And there are lots of great cheap wine out there.  But Bordeaux has become so pricey, if it's cheap, it's probably some really rough stuff.  JMO.

I think Spain, Italy, and Washington state put out some of the best inexpensive wine.  Napa has become Bordeaux-like.

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

There are 3 scenarios...

2. Lane and the Eagles decide, now, that he can't make a go of it and have 2 weeks to figure out the best alternate solution.

3. Lane starts at RT in the first playoff game against a (likely) outstanding pass rush, aggravates the injury, and requires a mid-game substitution.

Option #3 would lose them a playoff game.

3 is what I see being most likely. He already aggravated it once 3 quarters after the injury was minor against the Bears. Kudos to him for gutting it and out and trying to play, I just think it's going to be too much with too short of a turn around to last. 

22 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

A nice Sauvignon Blanc with a poultry dish. A steel barrel Chardonnay in the chicken dish which must have ‘shrooms in it to hold the wine flavor and some in the cook.  Mom’s legacy, "I like to cook with wine, sometimes I even put some in the food.”

More wine!

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

3 is what I see being most likely. He already aggravated it once 3 quarters after the injury was minor against the Bears. Kudos to him for gutting it and out and trying to play, I just think it's going to be too much with too short of a turn around to last. 

That's my fear.

If you know it's not happening starting now, maybe you try Dillard/Mailata LT/RT against the Saints.  Not my flavor, but maybe you try Jergens/Seumalo RG/RT.  

If you go to Driscoll mid game against Parsons...then there's a good chance he goes down, then you are shuffling the entire OL with no preparation.  It just has loss written all over it.

16 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Lane were totally fine for the playoffs and his usual self, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone before halftime and done for good.  

Well, you certainly hedged the f out of that bet lol.

25 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I guess my main concern is the "after consulting with numerous experts" wording meaning that it's likely many recommended to just get surgery and shut down. Different positions but it gives me DeSean Jackson 2019 vibes. 

Yeah but different positions is key here. 

24 minutes ago, lornemalvo4133 said:

difference between Johnson's injury and a sports hernia? 

He has a sports hernia. That's antiquated terminology. It didn't accurately describe the injury at all. 

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Expensive bordeaux is great.  And there is lots of great cheap wine out there.  But Bordeaux has become so pricey, if it's cheap, it's probably some really rough stuff.  JMO.

I think Spain, Italy, and Washington state put out some of the best inexpensive wine.  Napa has become Bordeaux-like.

That is so true.  Back in my college days I worked at a grocery store in a rich area of town in Houston. We had an extensive wine section that I managed and I sought out good wines. (Going to wine tastings put on by the distributors.)  But we also had a three bottles for $10 section. (Now $3.34 for a bottle of wine in 1970s dollars was probably a $25 - $30 bottle of wine today).  I stocked it with imported wine.  There was a Bordeaux that was particularly good.  

I am a fan of a good Meritage (US version of a Bordeaux). Had some mighty good ones in Oregon and Washington. Love the Pinot Noirs in that area.  Love it as a red wine but I also think Pinot Noir grapes make the best dry rose’.  

Chile puts out some great inexpensive wines.  So does South Africa. The high country in Texas is growing some real good grapes.  Their Tempranillos are as good as any Spanish versions and still relatively cheap.  Frankly, I like Sonoma wines better than Napa wines.  

When they say rehab, I wonder what goes into that? Different stretches, exercises to try to ease pain/tightness in the area? Hot/cold daily treatments? Steroid injection?(Don't know if that would do anything other than reduce inflammation).

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

He has a sports hernia. That's antiquated terminology. It didn't accurately describe the injury at all. 

Thanks. Also curious, how much will it help him to take 3-4 weeks off? If he needs to get surgery, not clear to me how that helps with the pain. Going up against Micah Parsons in 4 weeks is still going to be brutal for him. 

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Isn’t a torn adductor like a Grade 3 groin strain?  Doesn’t muscle have to be through the tear for it to be a sports hernia?

28 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

There are 3 scenarios...

Option #3 would lose them a playoff game.  So if Lane's gonna go, he better be ready.

Do you not realize how negative your perspective consistently is? Why is it that you presume they'll automatically lose a game if he only plays a half? Isn't it entirely possible that the offense hums and that they have a multiple score lead and just cruise the rest of the way? 

Everything is always glass-half-empty with you. Or at least it seems that way.

14 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

When they say rehab, I wonder what goes into that? Different stretches, exercises to try to ease pain/tightness in the area? Hot/cold daily treatments? Steroid injection?(Don't know if that would do anything other than reduce inflammation).

He shouldn't do a steroid injection because that will delay surgery. 

If it bothers him then he should just shut it down rather than injecting to play through. 

15 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

He's probably playing but they want Saints thinking Minshew may play again

Archived