EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, McMVP said:

No… It sounds like he realizes the Cowboys are playing tomorrow tonight, and may lose…making it not necessary for Hurts to play.

if the Cowboys win on Thursday, I think Hurts plays

They still don't clinch the #1 seed regardless of what Dallas does. So the Saints game is still going to mean something. It wouldn't make sense to play Hurts without practicing when the game is going to basically have the same stakes whether Dallas wins or loses.  

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Giants should be a safe bet to clinch a playoff birth this weekend.  If that happens, you have to figure it will heavily impact their approach to the finale against the Eagles.  Since they will be on the road just 1 week later, I'd expect that (at a minimum) all starters get pulled at halftime.

That game could become a freebie.

One scenario I'd be curious to watch play out in Week 18 if results go a certain way this weekend:

-- Both the Commanders and Giants enter Week 18 with 8-7-1 records -- that would mean WASH beat the Browns and the Giants lose to IND (not likely but possible)

-- Eagles beat the Saints this weekend and have the #1 seed locked up, thereby locking DAL into the #5 seed

-- Both the Eagles and Turds rest all their starters in Week 18, contributing to the Commanders and Giants both winning to finish at 9-7-1 and eliminating all of the 8-loss teams in the NFC from playoff contention.

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

One scenario I'd be curious to watch play out in Week 18 if results go a certain way this weekend:

-- Both the Commanders and Giants enter Week 18 with 8-7-1 records -- that would mean WASH beat the Browns and the Giants lose to IND (not likely but possible)

-- Eagles beat the Saints this weekend and have the #1 seed locked up, thereby locking DAL into the #5 seed

-- Both the Eagles and Turds rest all their starters in Week 18, contributing to the Commanders and Giants both winning to finish at 9-7-1 and eliminating all of the 8-loss teams in the NFC from playoff contention.

I think we should actually cheer for the giants to beat the colts. They clinch a playoff spot if they win. Meaning if worse case scenario happens with the eagles losing then the giants are likely resting starters in week 18 as they are the 6 seed regardless. 

15 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I'm still working on appreciating great wine.

I don't need wine to be complex to enjoy it.  Some real experts would call some cheaper Montepulciano d'Abruzzo's, Rioja's, or blends too thin, bland, and lacking tertiary notes...but something that is smooth and neutral...$12 or not, I love it.

The more complex stuff...I love that too, but I'm not at the point where I can appreciate the gap between a Lafite Rothschild and a Bordeaux second growth.  

Those discerning palates belong to the Real Snobs...:angel

Wine is an acquired taste. If you like it, enjoy it, right?

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think we should actually cheer for the giants to beat the colts. They clinch a playoff spot if they win. Meaning if worse case scenario happens with the eagles losing then the giants are likely resting starters in week 18 as they are the 6 seed regardless. 

clear situation to root for giants, unless you are confident eagles will win vs Saints and want to get greedy hoping Indy leaps the Saints for draft pick purposes

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I'm curious what the Giants would do. It would make the most sense to rest some guys in Week 18 but they are a young team and entering the playoffs for the first time in a long time. There also has to be some incentive for them to knock the Eagles out to the 5th seed, guaranteeing they won't see them until the NFCCG at the earliest. 

13 minutes ago, McMVP said:

No… It sounds like he realizes the Cowboys are playing tomorrow tonight, and may lose…making it not necessary for Hurts to play.

if the Cowboys win on Thursday, I think Hurts plays

Man…you sound so confident typing this out. It’s completely wrong but at least you sounded very confident.

31 minutes ago, jamiller said:

I doubt it.  He has been out YEARS.  The NFL is not something you can miss years of play and walk in at his age.  NFW.

He was pretty much washed up when he was doing his end of career AFC tour with teams like the Bills and Bengals. It’s laughable to think he’d be a useful player six or seven or eight or however many years later.

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Never saw Carr as a Savior of any type.

Too many brain farts, just can't finish. Good arm, no brain. Sorry, Derek.

1 minute ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

He was pretty much washed up when he was doing his end of career AFC tour with teams like the Bills and Bengals. It’s laughable to think he’d be a useful player six or seven or eight or however many years later.

Andy Reid was still our coach when Owens was first out of the league. 

13 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

That seems to be the idea.

But man if they lose to the Saints then the heat is on.

In a perfect world they handle the Saints and everyone can rest up for a few weeks.

It’s an embarrassing move that can blow up in their faces such that the full squad (including Hurts and CJGJ) have to play against the Giants.

Or, you do what you think you need to do to give yourself the best chance to win on Sunday and give everyone the Giants game off.

To the extent Hurts and CJGJ could play if this was a playoff game, well then they need to play this week.

Just now, UndyTaker said:

Can add the Raiders to the list of teams looking for a QB in the draft

Can take off Indy because they just found their guy

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

We gain a higher pick if the Saints lose twice and the Colts win twice. Gotta root for the Colts this week simply based on that possibility.

4 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

No idea how you can say he was washed with the Bills or Bengals. 

This is behind a paywall for ESPN+ but the Eagles only part

Despite what the Eagles were saying publicly last week, I don’t believe there was ever any consideration given to Jalen Hurts playing against the Cowboys after his shoulder injury was revealed — and once again, I’d be surprised if he played this week. The Eagles’ real decision could end up being whether to give Hurts some game action in Week 18 against the Giants just so he hasn’t had five weeks off before their divisional-round playoff game (assuming they secure that No. 1 seed and bye). The impression I get from talking to people about this situation is that the Eagles believe they will have Hurts back before their first playoff game, but they still aren’t sure about the extent to which the injury will affect him once he does return.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/35328773/predicting-nfl-week-17-upset-picks-weekly-buzz-notes-late-season-surprises-concerning-playoff-team-trends-offseason-fixes-fantasy-advice

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'm curious what the Giants would do. It would make the most sense to rest some guys in Week 18 but they are a young team and entering the playoffs for the first time in a long time. There also has to be some incentive for them to knock the Eagles out to the 5th seed, guaranteeing they won't see them until the NFCCG at the earliest. 

I tend to think barkley is not playing in that game of it has no meaning on their playoff outcomes. They won’t risk him for the playoffs when he’s their best player and player they need the most. I’d be shocked if he was out there. I tend to think some guys like thibodeaux are likely not playing either. 

2 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Can add the Raiders to the list of teams looking for a QB in the draft

True, but the Raiders problem will be the teams ahead of them looking to draft QB:

1.  HOU

3.  SEA

5.  IND

8.  CAR

Possible Carr ends up in Indianapolis or maybe even more likely the Jets.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

thing with SC joints is that can "heal" and still hurt. Forever.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

thing with SC joints is that can "heal" and still hurt. Forever.

That would suck. If that were the case I'd think it would have to have some type of affect on his mechanics. 

11 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

We gain a higher pick if the Saints lose twice and the Colts win twice. Gotta root for the Colts this week simply based on that possibility.

Tbh i don’t see the saints losing twice. Likely lose to us if we handle our business. If the Bucs win this weekend vs. Carolina that game for Carolina and saints the next week is meaningless as tampa clinches a playoff spot. Carolina still has their 1st round draft pick so losing for them helps them long term. Saints it makes no difference as they don’t have their first. Im guessing Carolina loses that game this weekend and then likely the following week play a bunch of young guys they want to see tbh. 

Archived