EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

No idea how you can say he was washed with the Bills or Bengals. 

His stats were better than I realized so I guess you are right. But there is no way he runs better than a 4.8 now. And even that is probably generous. In other words he’d be a slower Jason Avant. 

Hey, I know what’s let’s do. Let’s sign Jerry Sisemore to be our new right tackle. It’d solve all our problems!

Sit Hurts til the playoffs, if we cant win 1 of these last 2 with Minshew its not our year.

Hurts doesnt need 10 meaningless snaps vs the Giants and it may actually work in the Eagles favor to have him come in after not putting any tape out there since week 14. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh i don’t see the saints losing twice. Likely lose to us if we handle our business. If the Bucs win this weekend vs. Carolina that game for Carolina and saints the next week is meaningless as tampa clinches a playoff spot. Carolina still has their 1st round draft pick so losing for them helps them long term. Saints it makes no difference as they don’t have their first. Im guessing Carolina loses that game tbh. 

If the Saints lose to us, they’re done. If Carolina beats Tampa this week, then their finale against the Saints would be for the division title. So I can definitely see the Saints losing that one too. In other words if Panthers win this week, their focus the following week will be on a playoff berth, not on the draft.

5 hours ago, EaglesIreland said:

Guinness here in Ireland and particularly in Dublin is mostly superb, with the only variable being a bar person who hasn’t a Fing clue how to pour a proper pint of it, and you get bubbles in or some other war crime. 

the best beer I’ve ever had was in Germany and the Czech Republic.

Pulling a pint of Guinness is an Art Form, in the UK or anywhere else.

Improper pours are Alcohol Abuse, not to be tolerated.

Remember that time Terrell Owens had an open, televised workout. And no NFL teams bothered to show up?

That was almost 12 years ago. 

7 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Sit Hurts til the playoffs, if we cant win 1 of these last 2 with Minshew its not our year.

Hurts doesnt need 10 meaningless snaps vs the Giants and it may actually work in the Eagles favor to have him come in after not putting any tape out there since week 14. 

If I hear one more goofball on the blog whine "it's not our year" about a 13-2 team...

4 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

If I hear one more goofball on the blog whine "it's not our year" about a 13-2 team...

Losing to Dallas has similar effects of PTSD to a lot of Eagles fans.  Just need to give them time; they’ll come out of it.  

7 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Your takes almost always amuse me. If Blah blah blah, it's not our year...Loser Mentality.

What works in the Eagles favor is to blow the doors off the Saints and put the League on notice.

What are you afraid of, winning?

If Hurts can go, he'll want to go out and kick some Saints Butt, all day long , at Home. and secure the #1 Seed.

You think he wants something less? It's Football.

Let's get it on. It's what we're here for...

15 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

If the Saints lose to us, they’re done. If Carolina beats Tampa this week, then their finale against the Saints would be for the division title. So I can definitely see the Saints losing that one too. In other words if Panthers win this week, their focus the following week will be on a playoff berth, not on the draft.

They’d have to beat tampa. Maybe they do. but it is in tampa bay, if jansen is activated it a big huge boost to them and i just don’t see Brady losing a game at home with everything on the line especially to darnold and panthers. So Carolina could win that game i don’t expect them too and that’ll make next week’s game meaningless. Frankly we should be cheering for Carolina to beat tampa for draft pick purposes 

Let us consider 2 extremes.

Option 1: The Eagles nab 1 of the next 2, secure the #1 seed.  Hurts, Maddox, and Lane come back.  The train rolls forward and the Eagles win the SB.

Option 2: Either the Eagles protect the injured players or they just aren't ready to go, but the Eagles do the unthinkable and drop to the 5 seed, reeling into an early playoff exit.  

If option 1 happens, I think both logistically and sentimentally, that Howie should justifiably turn himself into a pretzel to keep as many of the pending FAs as possible for a run in 2023.  If it results in some cap hell 5 years from now, then so be it.

If option 2 happens, call it a brash negative emotion, but I'd let everyone walk.  Everyone with an expiring deal except maybe CJGJ (simply due to age).  They'd need less of an "all in" approach and more of an eye on the future.  Hargrave, Cox, Bradberry.  Save the cap space, look to guys like Davis and Dean to step up, collect the comp picks, make Hurts play out his last year to see how that shoulder holds up.  

17 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

What's the ballpark on that Saints pick if they go 0-2?

On Inside the Birds, Mosher said Maddox is dealing with a big toe fracture as well as a tendon issue. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That would suck. If that were the case I'd think it would have to have some type of affect on his mechanics. 

maybe. but he played fine with it already.

It may be superficial enough that something like a lidocaine patch would work for games.

Or, he could heal pain free so we will hope for that.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I think 7th is reasonably the lowest it could get to. Need Browns to win 1 more game and need the Rams to win out....its possible.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Teams ahead of the saints in terms of draft pick

1) Houston Texans, 2-12-1 ( vs  jags, at colts)

2) Chicago Bears, 3-12 (at lions, vs  Vikings)

3) Seattle Seahawks (via Denver Broncos, 4-11) (Denver schedule at KC, vs  chargers)

4) Arizona Cardinals, 4-11 (at atlanta, at SF)

5) Indianapolis Colts, 4-9-1 (at giants, vs  houston)

6) Atlanta Falcons, 5-10 (vs  cardinals, vs  tampa)

7) Detroit Lions (via L.A. Rams, 5-10) (rams schedule: at  chargers, at seattle)

8. Carolina Panthers, 6-9 ( at tampa, at saints)

9) Las Vegas Raiders, 6-9 (vs  Sf, vs  chiefs)

8 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Option 1: The Eagles nab 1 of the next 2, secure the #1 seed.  Hurts, Maddox, and Lane come back.  The train rolls forward and the Eagles win the SB.

Option 2: Either the Eagles protect the injured players or they just aren't ready to go, but the Eagles do the unthinkable and drop to the 5 seed, reeling into an early playoff exit.  

If option 1 happens, I think both logistically and sentimentally, that Howie should justifiably turn himself into a pretzel to keep as many of the pending FAs as possible for a run in 2023.  If it results in some cap hell 5 years from now, then so be it.

If option 2 happens, call it a brash negative emotion, but I'd let everyone walk.  Everyone with an expiring deal except maybe CJGJ (simply due to age).  They'd need less of an "all in" approach and more of an eye on the future.  Hargrave, Cox, Bradberry.  Save the cap space, look to guys like Davis and Dean to step up, collect the comp picks, make Hurts play out his last year to see how that shoulder holds up.  

Win or lose, Howie has earned my confidence.  He is going to keep us relevant as long as he's running the front office.

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

On Inside the Birds, Mosher said Maddox is dealing with a big toe fracture as well as a tendon issue. 

Yeah I’d be surprised if he plays again this year. Maybe if they get to the Super Bowl cause that would be 1.5 months from the time it happened but still don’t see it. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Teams ahead of the saints in terms of draft pick

1) Houston Texans, 2-12-1 ( vs  jags, at colts)

2) Chicago Bears, 3-12 (at lions, vs  Vikings)

3) Seattle Seahawks (via Denver Broncos, 4-11) (Denver schedule at KC, vs  chargers)

4) Arizona Cardinals, 4-11 (at atlanta, at SF)

5) Indianapolis Colts, 4-9-1 (at giants, vs  houston)

6) Atlanta Falcons, 5-10 (vs  cardinals, vs  tampa)

7) Detroit Lions (via L.A. Rams, 5-10) (rams schedule: at  chargers, at seattle)

8. Carolina Panthers, 6-9 ( at tampa, at saints)

9) Las Vegas Raiders, 6-9 (vs  Sf, vs  chiefs)

I think the Panthers may drop out and put it at 9.  I don't think anyone else is going to help.

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly we should be cheering for Carolina to beat tampa for draft pick purposes 

Well, I'm cheering for Carolina to beat Tampa so Brady can F off with due haste ..... but draft pick purposes is fine, too.

Tampa has looked horrid all year long.  Brady is cooked Big Ben at this point; getting rid of the ball in under 2 seconds per snap against ARI because he's afraid of being hit.  Hopefully the Panthers DC can counteract all those 2-step drop throws that Vance Joseph was slow to adjust to.

If Foreman and Hubbard can pound the football against the Bucs' front 7 then I love their chances.  They're limiting Darnold's throws to 22 a game, which is a great strategy.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Guys like @e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! are better at this Roster Age thing than I am , but Super Bowl or clean house? We're young. No Panic.

I thought we had a fairly youthful roster, may be time to move a couple guys regardless, after the season, but mostly we seem to have a pretty new and solid core. Keep drafting, some FAs, stay the course.

It's not a window we're fighting, just a slight transition, depending on where we stand in the third week of February.

Team looks pretty solid otherwise...Hell, we are leading the League after 15 weeks. Must be doing something right.

Agree?

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That's Super Bowl or bust then.

For a CB, not sure if you can play on that before 4 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Guys like @e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! are better at this Roster Age thing than I am , but Super Bowl or clean house? We're young. No Panic.

I thought we had a fairly youthful roster, may be time to move a couple guys regardless, after the season, but mostly we seem to have a pretty new and solid core. Keep drafting, some FAs, stay the course.

It's not a window we're fighting, just a slight transition, depending on where we stand in the third week of February.

Team looks pretty solid otherwise...Hell, we are leading the League after 15 weeks. Must be doing something right.

Agree?

Not SB or bust…but if they wash out quietly in the wild card round.  I wouldn’t actively clean house.  I just wouldn’t give guaranteed money to players over 30 or running backs.  Which, fine…that might be a bit of house cleaning.  

Archived