EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Expensive bordeaux is great.  And there are lots of great cheap wine out there.  But Bordeaux has become so pricey, if it's cheap, it's probably some really rough stuff.  JMO.

I think Spain, Italy, and Washington state put out some of the best inexpensive wine.  Napa has become Bordeaux-like.

Portugal too. Very similar to Spanish wines. 

But force me to choose and I'll take Italian any day. Been on a big Nebbiolo kick recently. 

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tennessee couldn't beat Houston.  Mind you, DAL shouldn't have beaten HOU, either.

I expect DAL by 20+

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Eagles -6 at home makes me think Vegas thinks that too

Agreed.

ESPN shows Eagles -6.5. Same -6.5 line against the Packers, and that team is way better than the current Saints who have everyone on IR at this point.

Vegas line reflects Hurts not playing.

4 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

LOL

Bring it, Carson.

Good for two picks and a Strip/sack.

But he tries...Used to luv him but he ain't all that after Clowney took the top of his head off....for free..

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Tennessee couldn't beat Houston.  Mind you, DAL shouldn't have beaten HOU, either.

I expect DAL by 20+

Dallas will probably get caught thinking a little to highly of themselves, and Henry will run wild on them.

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I expect DAL by 20+

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Dallas will probably get caught thinking a little to highly of themselves, and Henry will run wild on them.

There's a chance the Titans limit Henry's usage and maybe some other key players. Pretty sure this game means nothing for them and it's going to come down to Week 18 for the division against the Jags. 

9 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I can't see Malik Willis beating them.  

Their best bet is to have Willis run himself like 20 plus times and throw very little, maybe just short and then pound it with Henry.  That's their only chance at beating them. 

Short week, road game,  coming off an emotional win against us.  Tennessee at home on national tv.   You never know. 

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Fresh Guinness is much different from aged Guinness. Guinness does not age well.  India Pale Ale was created for sending beer to "colonists” in India so the hops would hide the skunk in the beer from the long boat ride. Can’t think of a better reason to not like IPAs.

Now a good German malty wheat beer is a meal onto itself but those idiots at Blue Moon (sorry Canadian colleagues but that’s the Bud Light of Canada) insisted on putting citrus in the beer and now all the sheep craft brewers think they need to follow suit.  Were you referring to those or their pilsners?

But give me the choice of a cheap Bordeaux or a beer and I will take the red every time. 

No Guinness doesn’t travel well at all. Well the pilsners in the Czech Republic as that was the local stuff, and as I was staying in near the town of Plzen in the Czech Republic. Good god it was amazing stuff to drink and very cheap(well cheap when converted to euro)

it was between plzen and Regensburg where I was for two weeks.

I wouldn’t move Mailata. Keep him at LT. He has some struggles with speed rushers, so I want him at his most comfortable against Parsons/Bosa. 

6 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Someone released an April fools story early by accident

I'd love to see it.  I have no doubt he cans till play. 

CJGJ should be in great shape with fresh legs. The question is whether he can take or give a hit. Safest bet is to sit him until the divisional round. That would mean 7 weeks off.

11 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Short week, road game,  coming off an emotional win against us.  Tennessee at home on national tv.   You never know. 

It would be the Dallas thing to do is to blow this game but I don't see it happening.  Maybe if Tannehill was playing.

10 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'd love to see it.  I have no doubt he cans till play. 

I doubt it.  He has been out YEARS.  The NFL is not something you can miss years of play and walk in at his age.  NFW.

4 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Nothing wrong with white wine.  I'm not a huge aficionado, but I don't hate it.  I probably have about 300 bottles of red and 20 of white; most of the white I just keep around for my wife, who prefers it.  White pairs really well with some fish, but I can't enjoy it too much as a standalone drink.

Really high quality white is age-worthy, but most of what you see at the corner alcohol store is meant to drink within the next year.  Even cheap reds have a better window.

EFFFn Wine Snob....:devil:

Nice Cellar, Can I Please come over for a tasting....:angel

Wines are Organic, a product of the soil, the water, the Heritage. Years in cultivation and improvement.

An old friend works as a Vineyard Manager at Galer Estates in PA. Surprisingly, a tough job. 

Sustainable Vintages have repeatable processes, even the more Commercial types.

Jealous, mostly. Enjoy. :drool:

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Ugh.  Looks like they’ll be cautious with him, wait for the playoffs to bring him back.

2 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

EFFFn Wine Snob....:devil:

Nice Cellar, Can I Please come over for a tasting....:angel

Wines are Organic, a product of the soil, the water, the Heritage. Years in cultivation and improvement.

An old friend works as a Vineyard Manager at Galer Estates in PA. Surprisingly, a tough job. 

Sustainable Vintages have repeatable processes, even the more Commercial types.

Jealous, mostly. Enjoy. :drool:

I'm still working on appreciating great wine.

I don't need wine to be complex to enjoy it.  Some real experts would call some cheaper Montepulciano d'Abruzzo's, Rioja's, or blends too thin, bland, and lacking tertiary notes...but something that is smooth and neutral...$12 or not, I love it.

The more complex stuff...I love that too, but I'm not at the point where I can appreciate the gap between a Lafite Rothschild and a Bordeaux second growth.  

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Ugh.  Looks like they’ll be cautious with him, wait for the playoffs to bring him back.

I suspect the Eagles believe they can beat the Saints without CGJ and Hurts.  In the unlikely event the team loses, I suspect you'll see both active and playing against the Giants in Week 18.  They're hoping to give both some extended rest.

25 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I wouldn’t move Mailata. Keep him at LT. He has some struggles with speed rushers, so I want him at his most comfortable against Parsons/Bosa. 

I think you don't move him if you anticipate successfully relying on Lane in the playoffs.  If that's not going to be an option, then I don't like Driscoll going up against Parsons/Bosa.  

Also...it looks like the Eagles are spooked by injuries.  I think their game plan is to just hope that a crew of backups and the completely healthy starters can get 1 of 2 over the next 2 weeks.  I think it's playing with fire.  It's going to be mass hysteria if this team finds itself on the road in the wild card round.

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I suspect the Eagles believe they can beat the Saints without CGJ and Hurts.  In the unlikely event the team loses, I suspect you'll see both active and playing against the Giants in Week 18.  They're hoping to give both some extended rest.

Hurts yea, but CJGJ I'd say he's just not ready. His kidney is either healed or not. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to hold him out if it's healed. 

37 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Portugal too. Very similar to Spanish wines. 

But force me to choose and I'll take Italian any day. Been on a big Nebbiolo kick recently. 

Love Portugal too.  Italian will always be my favorite.

1 hour ago, Thrive said:

Sounds like he’s not playing. 

No… It sounds like he realizes the Cowboys are playing tomorrow tonight, and may lose…making it not necessary for Hurts to play.

if the Cowboys win on Thursday, I think Hurts plays

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

That seems to be the idea.

But man if they lose to the Saints then the heat is on.

In a perfect world they handle the Saints and everyone can rest up for a few weeks.

Archived