EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This Sean Payton coverage is going to be worse than OBJ

Name a more iconic duo than sean Payton and a rapidly declining Qb on a team with cap issues? 

21 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What does this mean?

The city hadn't won a title since the '83 Sixers.  Almost 100 team-seasons from the big four teams without a championship.  That was having an effect on the city.  

Then BDN made it all go away.

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

I feel like a Payton-Brady combo in 2023 is almost a certainty at this point.

Who gets to decide the scheme?

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

The city hadn't won a title since the '83 Sixers.  Almost 100 team-seasons from the big four teams without a championship.  That was having an effect on the city.  

Think you're forgetting the Phillies.

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

2008 Phillies man! I guess that's what you meant by 25 years. The 2017 Eagles was throwing me off. 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This Sean Payton coverage is going to be worse than OBJ

Well it will make all 3 easier to hate and hope to lose. Only spot better than the saints would be Dallass.

6 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Giselle. No, after this year without Arians, Brady should definitely defer to Sean Payton.

49 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Teams that defined my fandom…

1993 Phillies.  My first vivid memory following a Philly sports team.  Phillies were my first passionate team to follow.

Legion of doom Flyers.  My first complete experience of the rise and fall of a Philly "dynasty.”  

2002 Eagles.  The AR/Mcnabb Eagles were my transition into football being my favorite spectator sport.  I was playing HS football for much of the early part of that run and really started to get into the sport, whereas baseball and hockey previously occupied most of my mind.  This was also the team that gave me the realization that being a Philadelphia sports fan was going to be a mostly unpleasant experience.

Kind of similar for me.  Legion of Doom was huge for becoming a diehard Flyers fan but what got me hooked was Ron Hextall.  Man I loved watching him play goalie. From his goals, fights and his masks, I was hooked watching the Flyers because of him.

For the Eagles it was all Randall...although to your point, the 2002 Eagles and the AR/McNabb era is what really brought us Eagles fans to know a winning product.

93 Phils were the perfect team for a 12 year old kid to fall in love with.  

14 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Pretty sure he just means he had a year left on his contract when Denver fired him, so he's getting paid to do nothing. Which is also why he is a "consultant" instead of having a formal role, because then he can double dip. 

Hopefully Gannon uses him more for game plans in the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Kind of similar for me.  Legion of Doom was huge for becoming a diehard Flyers fan but what got me hooked was Ron Hextall.  Man I loved watching him play goalie. From his goals, fights and his masks, I was hooked watching the Flyers because of him.

For the Eagles it was all Randall...although to your point, the 2002 Eagles and the AR/McNabb era is what really brought us Eagles fans to know a winning product.

93 Phils were the perfect team for a 12 year old kid to fall in love with.  

Yeah that 93 team was fun

5 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Giselle. No, after this year without Arians, Brady should definitely defer to Sean Payton.

Payton has experience scheming around an old QB who can’t throw downfield. 

10 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I feel like a Payton-Brady combo in 2023 is almost a certainty at this point.

Can't wait to see that dumpster fire. Maybe Irsay will jump on action and get them both to further cement his legacy. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Yes, it's puckering his lips and complaining at the refs. 

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Brady's arm was as good as I've seen it as recently as last year. I haven't seen a ton of Tampa this year and everything they do on offense is so gross that I haven't seen his arm tested. He didn't look good Sunday night for sure.

The thing with Payton is whoever wants him, will need to trade for him as he is still under contract with the Saints.  So a team like the Broncos will be in a bind as they if they really want him, it will take more comp than they would likely be comfortable with using to get him. 

6 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Brady's arm was as good as I've seen it as recently as last year. I haven't seen a ton of Tampa this year and everything they do on offense is so gross that I haven't seen his arm tested. He didn't look good Sunday night for sure.

It’s more the accuracy and unwillingness to hang in the pocket to get hit. 

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It’s more the accuracy and unwillingness to hang in the pocket to get hit. 

I think that’s legitimate. 

6 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

The thing with Payton is whoever wants him, will need to trade for him as he is still under contract with the Saints.  So a team like the Broncos will be in a bind as they if they really want him, it will take more comp than they would likely be comfortable with using to get him. 

The comp for Payton is going to be interesting to watch unfold more so than where he actually goes. Saints hold all the leverage but at the same time, are they going to not take the best offer if it isn't high enough? If their SB winning coach wants to leave, are they going to hold him ransom from doing so? Saints are in a bad place. I think they will take a fair offer but ultimately won't be anything crazy like the Bucs gave for Gruden, which the Raiders held more leverage with him being an active coach. Similar comp is Bruce Arians and all the Cardinals got was a 6th/7th round pick swap, although I think Saints get more than that. 

32 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Think you're forgetting the Phillies.

th?id=OIP.z-5Jk4PRMSehKUVTsJ64SQHaGJ&pid=Api&P=0

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The comp for Payton is going to be interesting to watch unfold more so than where he actually goes. Saints hold all the leverage but at the same time, are they going to not take the best offer if it isn't high enough? If their SB winning coach wants to leave, are they going to hold him ransom from doing so? Saints are in a bad place. I think they will take a fair offer but ultimately won't be anything crazy like the Bucs gave for Gruden, which the Raiders held more leverage with him being an active coach. Similar comp is Bruce Arians and all the Cardinals got was a 6th/7th round pick swap, although I think Saints get more than that. 

The interesting part will be if the comp varies based on whether the team is in the NFC or AFC as a team like Carolina has to be interested.  They will save cash if he goes, but equally they don't need to let him go unless they want to.  Would a Mickey Loomis also be part of any deal, seeing as Payton will want a certain level of a power to come back

Stubborn, arrogant coaches who won a Super Bowl with a prior franchise have absolutely outstanding track records after time off.

23 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

th?id=OIP.z-5Jk4PRMSehKUVTsJ64SQHaGJ&pid=Api&P=0

It’s ok some of us like to put the Phillies out of mind cause they went on a 10 year playoff drought. 

Archived