EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

Geez. The sky is falling.  The Eagles barely lost a game on a short week, on the road with their backup QB where they turned the ball over four times.  Remember the first Dallas game where they had a similar turnover issue?  Albeit, that first turnover was clearly DPI as Kearse was hitting Quez before the ball got to either of them.  Does anyone doubt that on the first field goal if Hurts was running that play that it wouldn’t have been a TD?  

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Pretty big for Tampa

If tampa can get their oline figured out they have a shot to be dangerous. Their defense is ranked 8th in DVOA. Their offense is 16th and 30th in running the ball. Their biggest issue is Brady just dropped off a bunch this year or if their oline gets solidified, can protect him and run the ball better will he look much better?

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

if you aren’t going to play sticks or have guys just back then i don’t get the disguise called. You weren’t fooling Dallas and only wound up hurting yourself. Heck I’d been more understanding if he had the front four pass rush and sent two blitzers. At least Dak would’ve been forced to get rid of it faster then make sure your other 5 guys tackle. At least i get the logic there. The disguising of 3rd and 30 with your backup nickel is just a bad idea from the start. 

It was too cute by half. Just dumb.  Blitz.  Or drop 8 in coverage, FFS if you feel like it.  Just dumb.     

12 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Geez. The sky is falling.  The Eagles barely lost a game on a short week, on the road with their backup QB where they turned the ball over four times.  Remember the first Dallas game where they had a similar turnover issue?  Albeit, that first turnover was clearly DPI as Kearse was hitting Quez before the ball got to either of them.  Does anyone doubt that on the first field goal if Hurts was running that play that it wouldn’t have been a TD?  

If the eagles win just one of the next two then Dallas is going to have the challenge of having to play 4 or 5 consecutive road games the next time they face us. Also deal with the elements and not be in a dome. As bad as that 3rd and 30 is, if that throw is outside at the linc late January with how cold it potentially is and potential wind that ball might not even get there. I think people are underrating those advantages we get if we do what we need to do  

if the eagles handle their business the fact is Dallas is going to have to play nearly a month and a half on the road, deal with the weather when it gets cold (they play in a dome) and they’re gonna have to deal with being a visitor in a stadium that hates them more than anything. In 2019, the Cowboys had to play in a big-time game at the linc. granted Dak’s was dealing with a shoulder but they looked like they did not want to be there. they won last year at the end of the year, but the Eagles had nobody playing that game and they struggled in the first half to shake the eagles backups

14 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I think people are just disappointed about seeing the defense fall into the same tendencies as last year. It is a legitimate concern when QBs are setting passing records which was a common occurrence last year.

I'm not as concerned moving forward because we have the talent but I'd be lying if I said Gannon didn't worry me.

8 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Yup.  It was a crap game where pretty much everything went against them. Away game, short week, backup QB, lost their best player (Johnson), lost their starting CB, 4 (mostly) flukey turnovers, 3rd and 30 conversion, Josiah Scott.  It was truly a perfect storm of crap, yet the end result? They lost by 6 with a drive stalling at the Dallas 19 yard line.

Rough game but still people need to chill out.

16 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Not sure even Hurts outruns Parsons on that one. But they might not have gotten to that 3rd down. Different QB, different play calls.  Different reactions by the D....

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

Yup.  It was a crap game where pretty much everything went against them. Away game, short week, backup QB, lost their best player (Johnson), lost their starting CB, 4 (mostly) flukey turnovers, 3rd and 30 conversion, Josiah Scott.  It was truly a perfect storm of crap, yet the end result? They lost by 6 with on drive stalling at the Dallas 19 yard line.

Rough game but still people need to chill out.

I’d add 3rd consecutive road game. Usually your 3rd road game you just don’t look nearly as good as previous. As the saints in 2020 when they came to the linc and lost. short week on the road didnt help.

Dak said their team wanted a statement from that game.  Not sure the statement was the loss to the Jags wasn’t a fluke. 

20 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If tampa can get their oline figured out they have a shot to be dangerous. Their defense is ranked 8th in DVOA. Their offense is 16th and 30th in running the ball. Their biggest issue is Brady just dropped off a bunch this year or if their oline gets solidified, can protect him and run the ball better will he look much better?

I think Wirfs just got hurt again and their other Tackle as well.

5 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I think Wirfs just got hurt again and their other Tackle as well.

Wirfs reaggravated his ankle this Sunday and smith also dealing with an injury. however both are likely to play if they make the playoffs. Still better than anything theyve had all year if they get jansen back and they play. 

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Then I'm not sure what you're even arguing because I(nor BLG) never said the Eagles aren't good enough to win the Super Bowl. I think they're the clear favorites to at least go if not win. But for argument's sake if you had to pick one area of the team that concerns you most, for me it would be Gannon. And yes they obviously have the best record in the NFL, but the offense is a massive part of that 13-2 record, and whether or not the defense will play up to standard against a top notch offense is the question at hand. Do you have confidence that they will or that Gannon can coach toe to toe with some of the better offensive minds and QBs he may face in the playoffs? And that isn't rhetorical, it's a genuine question.

The problem is that the people asking that question aren’t willing to accept a simple "yes” answer when that is the answer that is given.  For me, Gannon is the horse that we rode in on, and that isn’t going to change in the coming weeks.  I agree it is not a rhetorical question, but it is a question that goes against the basic tenets of the Serenity Prayer.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Brady is like Michael Myers. He scares the crap out of me and I don’t care how bad that team has looked this season. The fact that they’re probably going to end up with a home game in the playoffs should scare whoever gets the five seed (most likely Dallas). 

I’m not denying Brady’s greatness, but he’s also been the most fortuitous/lucky quarterback over the past 20 years as well. Jon Kasay kicking it out of bounds in the Carolina Super Bowl, Dee Ford jumping offsides in the KC playoff game in 2018, Atlanta imploding in the Super Bowl on offense, Malcolm Butler’s interception in the Seattle Super Bowl, scoring only 16 points in the Rams Super Bowl in 2019 and having his defense win that game for him, the tuck rule, and even Sunday night where his defense forced a huge turnover in the 4th quarter. He’s got 20 years of crazy bounces going his way so I’m not counting that team out until someone puts a bullet in them. 

3 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Brady is like Michael Myers. He scares the crap out of me and I don’t care how bad that team has looked this season. The fact that they’re probably going to end up with a home game in the playoffs should scare whoever gets the five seed (most likely Dallas). 

I’m not denying Brady’s greatness, but he’s also been the most fortuitous/lucky quarterback over the past 20 years as well. Jon Kasay kicking it out of bounds in the Carolina Super Bowl, Dee Ford jumping offsides in the KC playoff game in 2018, Atlanta imploding in the Super Bowl on offense, Malcolm Butler’s interception in the Seattle Super Bowl, scoring only 16 points in the Rams Super Bowl in 2019 and having his defense win that game for him, the tuck rule, and even Sunday night where his defense forced a huge turnover. He’s got 20 years of crazy bounces going his way so I’m not counting that team out until someone puts a bullet in them. 

I've been emotionally invested in the Bucs for about the past three months. I didn't care who wins that division as long as it isn't the Saints, and it always felt to me like the Bucs were the best option. So once our record clearly surpassed theirs as far as playoff seedings were concerned, I was rooting for them every single week. And as someone who watched a lot of their games with a serious rooting interest, I gotta say....they're horrible. I mean really, really bad.

8 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I've been emotionally invested in the Bucs for about the past three months. I didn't care who wins that division as long as it isn't the Saints, and it always felt to me like the Bucs were the best option. So once our record clearly surpassed theirs as far as playoff seedings were concerned, I was rooting for them every single week. And as someone who watched a lot of their games with a serious rooting interest, I gotta say....they're horrible. I mean really, really bad.

They’ve been awful this year, but that goes even more towards the Brady mystique/being fortuitous that they’re somehow going to end up with a home game in the playoffs while getting some key pieces back healthy. It’s typical Brady. They haven’t scored more than 21 points in any of their wins this season. His defense will probably turn into the ‘85 Bears come playoff time and they’ll win a game with him throwing for 130 yards and 1 TD. 

12 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Their offense has scored over 24 points once all year. Their offense is really bad. Particularly at running the ball. Their defense is still top 10ish. I think they get shafted due to the ineptitude of the offense and get worn down at times. They got destroyed he SF and KC. Which frankly i think a lot of teams will especially with an inept offense that can sustain drives like what happened against SF. The bengals game was cause the Bucs offense turned the ball over left and right in the second half. the bengals were in Bucs territory to start every possession which was hilarious and ridiculous. Brady, the oline and the running game has just be bad this year. Heck even godwin, Evans has had games where they just drops passes. 

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

You suspect 100% correctly.  If you believe that the culmination of a years long process into a failure through a lucky shot is satisfying, then I'd suggest you consider raising your expectations.

Your "culmination” assessment only looks at that moment from a singular perspective.  You are failing to walk in the shoes of all the other people observing the event.  If you look at it ecumenically, you will find it takes on a whole new life … much like the "the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat” introduction to ABC’s Wide World of Sports or every single Celtics-Lakers game during the Bird-Magic era.

In effect you are looking through a glass darkly. 

By the way, Matt. As we sit here today, how would the Eagles be better off now had they lost to the Bears? You were championing that argument a couple weeks ago. It seems to me that while the Bears would have one more win, they would still be picking ahead of the Saints. And the Eagles would not only need to beat the Saints to clinch the top seed, but they'd also need to beat the Giants.

4 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

By the way, Matt. As we sit here today, how would the Eagles be better off now had they lost to the Bears? You were championing that argument a couple weeks ago. It seems to me that while the Bears would have one more win, they would still be picking ahead of the Saints. And the Eagles would not only need to beat the Saints to clinch the top seed, but they'd also need to beat the Giants.

You were right and I was wrong.  I also said the Saints would lose all four of their four remaining games, and so far they are 2-0.  Clearly wishful thinking on my part.

Eagles are really good. They win Sunday.

Gannon has to run sprints around the Linc in Daisy Dukes for 3rd and 30.

NTTAWWT

See you in the playoffs!

Where's the night crew?

Am I the only one drinking white wine and eating smoked cheeses?

Eagles are Super Team #1

Archived