EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Where's the night crew?

Am I the only one drinking white wine and eating smoked cheeses?

Eagles are Super Team #1

Wtf?! White wine? Kaitlin Jenner is that you? 

16 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

So if the Eagles lose the last two games and get the 5 seed, who gets fired?

Hurts

6 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Where's the night crew?

Am I the only one drinking white wine and eating smoked cheeses?

Eagles are Super Team #1

Smoked cheese sounds good 

I've never quite understood the flak Gannon gets.  The RBs fumbled twice against the Cowboys and a WR was soft on another turnover; the D had 1 bad play and the world is ending.  The team needs to play a lot better and some players like Scott have to be on it more, but this D has been very good all season.  Josh Sweat is on fire this season but it's kind of flying under the radar

As for Blake Jarwin, memory says the Eagles tried to sign him off of the Cowboys practice squad in 2016/2017? and that forced the Cowboys to elevate him on the roster.  There always been interest there.

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

So if the Eagles lose the last two games and get the 5 seed, who gets fired?

Should be Gannon.  For 3rd and 30 alone. 

Next would be Shane/Siri for running Hurts so damned often against the Bears. No need. 

48 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m hoping he’s joking 

41 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Smoked cheese sounds good 

Eating smoked cheese is cool. Pair it with a dry red or ipa. Hell even some burboun. White wine? Lol

8 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

I've never quite understood the flak Gannon gets.  The RBs fumbled twice against the Cowboys and a WR was soft on another turnover; the D had 1 bad play and the world is ending.  The team needs to play a lot better and some players like Scott have to be on it more, but this D has been very good all season.  Josh Sweat is on fire this season but it's kind of flying under the radar

As for Blake Jarwin, memory says the Eagles tried to sign him off of the Cowboys practice squad in 2016/2017? and that forced the Cowboys to elevate him on the roster.  There always been interest there.

Yeah I think most of his criticism is unfair.  3rd and 30 is inexcusable of course.  But he has put together a fantastic defense this year.  

He ran a very vanilla defense last year that never made adjustments.  I never had a huge problem with that; I think he just chose to play it close to the vest in the absence of the personnel he wanted.  Sweat wasn't playing at this level, Graham was out...so they had no pass rush weapons.  Slay was the only good cover guy in the entire secondary.  So he went with the death by 1,000 paper cuts approach.  And I think many never forgave him for it.

And duh, all defenses are worse against good QBs.  We will see in the playoffs how the defense holds up.  If Dak toasts them again in a playoff game, then maybe I'll hop on the anti-Gannon bandwagon.  But for now, I don't think he's nearly as bad as everyone says.

9 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Eating smoked cheese is cool. Pair it with a dry red or ipa. Hell even some burboun. White wine? Lol

You can have some of my frumunda cheese after @hputenis is done 

7 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Eagles should extend Bradberry and trade Slay in the offseason

Slay's performance is something to watch very carefully.  He was in the discussion for the NFL's top CB for the first 3 months of the season and was outstanding.  He has been consistently toasted for the last few weeks...feels wrong to say it, but we could even call him a liability.

Much like Gannon, let's see how he looks in the playoffs.  I feel uncomfortable having a pair of CBs that are both expensive and over 30, especially when that duo was arguably the biggest strength of the entire team.  Our defense is really built around elite CB play right now and has suffered with Slay falling off.  

DB/OL are the biggest needs on the team.  We all wanted a stud edge rusher in the draft, but that's not necessarily where Howie will be forced to look.

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Yeah I think most of his criticism is unfair.  3rd and 30 is inexcusable of course.  But he has put together a fantastic defense this year.  

He ran a very vanilla defense last year that never made adjustments.  I never had a huge problem with that; I think he just chose to play it close to the vest in the absence of the personnel he wanted.  Sweat wasn't playing at this level, Graham was out...so they had no pass rush weapons.  Slay was the only good cover guy in the entire secondary.  So he went with the death by 1,000 paper cuts approach.  And I think many never forgave him for it.

And duh, all defenses are worse against good QBs.  We will see in the playoffs how the defense holds up.  If Dak toasts them again in a playoff game, then maybe I'll hop on the anti-Gannon bandwagon.  But for now, I don't think he's nearly as bad as everyone says.

Agree.  You can't play an attacking D with Harris and that LB from the Vikings whose name has been removed from my memory. Etc. But the results this year should remove any doubts; the D has been stellar in the 2nd half.

2 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

that LB from the Vikings whose name has been removed from my memory.

That would be Eric Wilson.

25 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

The DL had 6 sacks but somehow Dak was like 20/20 against zone. It was like part of the defense was trying to win while the backend was just playing vanilla. Allowing an opposing team to repeatedly attack a weakness without much of an adjustment is partly on the coach, right?  Yeah, the Gannon has been fine overall - but will it hold up in the playoffs…?

Nothing wrong with white wine.  I'm not a huge aficionado, but I don't hate it.  I probably have about 300 bottles of red and 20 of white; most of the white I just keep around for my wife, who prefers it.  White pairs really well with some fish, but I can't enjoy it too much as a standalone drink.

Really high quality white is age-worthy, but most of what you see at the corner alcohol store is meant to drink within the next year.  Even cheap reds have a better window.

10 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

The DL had 6 sacks but somehow Dak was like 20/20 against zone. It was like part of the defense was trying to win while the backend was just playing vanilla. Allowing an opposing team to repeatedly attack a weakness without much of an adjustment is partly on the coach, right?  Yeah, the Gannon has been fine overall - but will it hold up in the playoffs…?

I can answer that- NO, it wont. Now maybe Gannon played a vanilla zone Defense because we didn't need to win the game and chances are we will see them in the playoffs. SO it's possible he was saving all the good stuff for the next game we have with them? 

So it's possible- but is it likely thats what happened? 

38 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

LOL

Wentz should have been starting as soon as he was healthy.  The Heinicke Honeymoon fizzled out quite awhile ago.

White wine is disgusting

Every single IPA ever created is disgusting

And Gannons side of the ball is loaded with talent and somehow our defense gets carved up and hands out 10 play drives like theyre candy

2 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

White wine is disgusting

Every single IPA ever created is disgusting

And Gannons side of the ball is loaded with talent and somehow our defense gets carved up and hands out 10 play drives like theyre candy

FU for posting something that i agree with you on.

12 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Nothing wrong with white wine.  I'm not a huge aficionado, but I don't hate it.  I probably have about 300 bottles of red and 20 of white; most of the white I just keep around for my wife, who prefers it.  White pairs really well with some fish, but I can't enjoy it too much as a standalone drink.

Really high quality white is age-worthy, but most of what you see at the corner alcohol store is meant to drink within the next year.  Even cheap reds have a better window.

Yup. Not my go to standalone drink but a good white pairs well with certain meals.  Raw shellfish and ceviche come to mind. 

Archived