EMB Blog: 2023 Offseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

22 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I know the team he had in Denver was different but I wonder how Fangio did defensively against Mahomes during his time with the Broncos.

0-6 against him.  Don’t get the appeal

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

FYI we play the cardinals in Philly next year. Offense is going to explode in that game. 

Hurts 24/27 for 300 yards and 3 TDs

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tell us how you really feel solak 

Why is losing both coordinators "an extremely tough blow to our offense” moreso than just losing Steichen?

I don't need a galaxy brained DC. Give me a damn winner.

Also, you shouldn't need an all star team to have a good defense.

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tell us how you really feel solak 

I think Gannon is a bigger loss simply because not sure the eagles have a viable replacement in place 

I have utmost confidence that Brian Johnson will be fine as an OC.

Down side of being so successful.

Maybe Siri will make Stoutland the DC...😁

6 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

To be fair, he’s not running the defense in that HC position, just overseeing it. Ed Donatell was his d coordinator, whose only top 10 defense in 11 years as a DC was with Vic’s Broncos.

Meanwhile, Vic Fangio has had 10 top 10 defenses in his career with many different teams. How many DC’s ever can say that? It’s remarkable. He’s why the 1995 expansion Panthers made the NFCCG in 1996, why the 2018 Chicago Bears somehow won 12 games, how the Jim Harbaugh 9ers competed with the Legion of Boom.

Addition by subtraction. The next D cord not only needs to be aggressive, but also needs to know when  to play mind games with elite level quarterbacks (top 5). 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Tough sell to Cardinals fans. This is like hiring Matt Praticia after SB52.

Nvm, they got the Sean McVay of defense. 

I know it's tough to pass up a HC gig esipecially a first HC gig but that franchise is a dumpster fire.

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Dolphins reportedly made Fangio the highest paid coordinator

Back that Brinks truck up, Lurie.

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

I know it's tough to pass up a HC gig esipecially a first HC gig but that franchise is a dumpster fire.

Feels like Gannon lasts two years tops. 

19 minutes ago, austinfan said:

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Slay and Bradberry would not be all pro behind an average pass rushing D-line, they'd be above average but no more.

And CGJ is a bit erratic, a playmaker but inexperienced at FS. Epps struggles in coverage, Maddox was hobbled and Scott just isn't a good nickel back.

One reason I'm not worried about Bradberry leaving in FA is I think the Eagles got his "good season" out of him.

The talent in the back seven was solid overall, but nothing special.

It's the most talent the Eagles have had in the secondary since the early 2000's.  They were a top 3 team in terms of average numbe of yards a game receivers put up against them.  They were also, however, towards the bottom in terms of average number of TDs.  They were first in the League in terms of yards allowed and sacks.  This was a very good to excellent secondary.  Most people have said Slay and Bradberry's play dropped off but I don't think that is the case.  They weren't often targeted.  If the choice is between Hargrave and Bradberry, I would have them re-sign Bradberry.  I also think they need to add a CB early in the draft.  

The major weakness and biggest problem on Sunday was TJ Edwards.  He was just too slow and unable to account for receivers well in zone coverage.  If this team had an above average LB, they would have done much better against the Chiefs.  

7 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Hurts 24/27 for 300 yards and 3 TDs

Gannon’s style is to give up the run while trying to prevent the big play. Whoever the running backs are likely going off for like 200+ yards. 

I'd rather Dennard Wilson than the others. Gregg Williams influence. Don't want some guy married to this BS scheme all the time and not willing to shift if it's not working. Get that loser crap out of here and play good QBs like you actually wanna win the Fing game

6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I think Gannon is a bigger loss simply because not sure the eagles have a viable replacement in place 

A Magic 8 ball would have been better in the SB

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Feels like Gannon lasts two years tops. 

there’s a chance that if they are awful and get the no. 1 pick they could fire him for someone they see as a better developer of QBs as they take Caleb Williams and deal murray away for whatever. This has a Steve wilks disaster written all over it 

9 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yeah the cardinals being a bunch of morons in their search kind of boned the eagles in terms of fangio. I’m guessing if the eagles and fangio knew the cardinals were eventually going to hire Gannon or very interested they’d (fangio and eagles) have waited 

10 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

How did the defense do?  I know he probably didn't win games against KC with the terrible  QBs he had but I'm wondering if his defense at least held them somewhat in check.

9 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

I don't need a galaxy brained DC. Give me a damn winner.

Also, you shouldn't need an all star team to have a good defense.

Spags with the Eagles talent would have been damn good

12 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Why is losing both coordinators "an extremely tough blow to our offense” moreso than just losing Steichen?

That’s the joke cause he doesn’t think Gannon’s system and as DC is capable of beating good QBs when it matters. Hence why he doesn’t think it’s that big of a loss on defense 

To me the defenses shortcomings weren't because of the talent, it was the scheme and lack of adjustments. This was one of the most talented defenses the Birds have had in 10+ years.

The Eagles knew Gannon was close to being hired last year, so they had to have been prepared for this. Hopefully they had names lined up and aren't just making the Wilson promotion out of "loyalty"

I love Sirianni, but I get overly loyal vibes from him. I don't think he's going to fire Michael Clay because of his loyalty to "his guys"

Archived