EMB Blog: 2023 Offseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

13 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I have mixed feelings about corners in that the leagues rules that favor offense put corners and defense at such a disadvantage from the get go.

Look at eagles corners in 2017, they allocated the least amount of money to corner of any team in the league where as this year the eagles with slay Bradbury Maddox were at least top half.

Chiefs had two rookie corners, if I remember one was drafted pretty late.

I just don't see the value In giving corners big money as it's a position that the league rules actively give a disadvantage.

Rather spend in safety, in 2017 eagkes were also among of not tops in safety sending with jenkins and McLeod.

I'd definitely re sign CJG and try to find a replacement for Epps.

Let bradberry walk possibly trade slay and go young and cheap at corner and spend that money elsewhere 

Eagles secondary in 2017 wasn't good. They had a top Dline that helped a ton

10 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I don’t have anything against KC. But I want to haunt SF. 

Same. Mahomes is still fun to watch. 49ers are some crybabies 

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

Now go get Fangio. He hasn't signed on the dotted lines yet. Don't care if he has to go back on his word. McDaniels did it, so can Fangio.

I know the team he had in Denver was different but I wonder how Fangio did defensively against Mahomes during his time with the Broncos.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They can't. Because of the Rooney Rule they have to interview one external minority candidate, even though they want to promote a minority candidate, because reasons. 

same.gif

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

I get the "ONLY 32 JOBS!" narrative and all. But Shane Steichen is a fool for working for this clown. I'm sure Chris Ballard is thrilled with that leverage play there by the moron owner.

Let me know how much money Steichen is getting paid NOW, versus what we was making as the Eagles' OC.  (In addition to the only 32 jobs discussion, and getting your foot in the door as an NFL HC gives you a better shot at getting a 2nd shot as well.)  

"But from what I could tell and what I saw, I didn't think there was enough there to basically hand the Super Bowl over to Kansas City, the game was over at that point. To me it had to be pretty egregious to where there was just no doubt. And I think the fact that we're sitting here having this conversation and I'm sure people are all across the country, probably tells you there wasn't quite enough there."

https://www.audacy.com/national/sports/aikman-on-bradberry-hold-i-didnt-like-the-call

I think Desai isn't ready to be a DC. He did some okay things in Chicago, but he's still a work in progress to me.

Just now, Silent Eagle said:

Who will replace Gannon?

Juan Castillo 

3 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I think Desai isn't ready to be a DC. He did some okay things in Chicago, but he's still a work in progress to me.

Maybe, but I hope they at least consider some outside candidates. Just blindly in house promoting burnt us in the past. 

30 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think Quez has improved as a route runner and has promise as a receiver based on his physical tools.  He's probably the best slot WR the team has had since Agholor in 2017.  It's not like he couldn't be upgraded but the team hasn't done well drafting receiver especially drafting a player that could be an upgrade over Watkins.  I do think that there's a possibility that Jordan Addison drops to pick 30 and they take him.  I think that's not a bad choice but I would see him as a hedge against Smith leaving vs. being able to make more of an impact than Watkins given the target share.  

I think Watkins mid year looked disinterested and disappointed with his target share.

In the super bowl he scores if he doesn't slow up out of his break, he had the angle had the corner beat but out of his break he slows up then realized the ball is in the air and tries to catch up to it just to come up short, if he had gone full speed his whole route it's an easy TD.

What's more frustrating is he had done the same a few other times during the season as well with equally disappointing results

Always been a fan of Watkins, liked him in the draft was glad they got him really excited after his performance in the bucs playoff loss  year before thought he'd have a really good year but I was sadly disappointed In his output this year and more so his effort or perceived lack of.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Maybe, but I hope they at least consider some outside candidates. Just blindly in house promoting burnt us in the past. 

Agree completely there. At least do some legit outside candidate interviews.

FYI we play the cardinals in Philly next year. Offense is going to explode in that game. 

17 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Eagles secondary in 2017 wasn't good. They had a top Dline that helped a ton

Same. Mahomes is still fun to watch. 49ers are some crybabies 

The corners weren't good, the safeties were 

Point being their corners were below average just like the chiefs this year and they still win the super bowl.

One doesn't need great corners to win in this league.

Slay bradberry and Maddox behind an equally good D line are far better talent wise than mills Darby and Robinson behind a good d line, yet the higher paid more talented corners if this year dint have a super bowl.☹️

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

Did I see him take some snaps at LB in the 4th qtr???

Or was I seeing things.

Looked to me in the 4th eagles were in nickel and blank was one of the two LBs replacing white?

Could be wrong though?

He only played one snap all game. Not sure when and where though. 

Tough sell to Cardinals fans. This is like hiring Matt Praticia after SB52.

Nvm, they got the Sean McVay of defense. 

23 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Now go get Fangio. He hasn't signed on the dotted lines yet. Don't care if he has to go back on his word. McDaniels did it, so can Fangio.

thats what Ive been wondering. it may have been reported, but is there ink on paper yet?

Archived