EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

4 of Gilliken's 6 punts in that game were fair caught inside the 20. If I had to compare the two punters, I'd feel Gilliken is better at situational punting than Siposs. Elliot has had his two best seasons with Siposs as his holder. So if the Eagle are going to seriously entertain change at punter, the upgrade needs to be significant. 

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mattwill said:

You can’t work forward until you understand the "framing” of the issue you are wrestling with.  Failing to know that "foundation” means there is a good chance you will "build the house you look forward to living in” on sand.

Alfred, Lord Tennyson wrote a poem about working forward.  George Zimmerman made the news by looking forward.

I'm starting to miss baseball talk ...😒

5 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Only in an initial growth phase. He had his chance and didnt develop.

I would disagree.

It’s well beyond the initial growth phase IMO. If physical talent is the ceiling of potential level of play, coachability is the ability to reach that potential. Players generally improve as they get older in technique, awareness, etc, and that intersects with their physical peak in a player’s mid to late 20’s. Jackson is 25, playing a new position, so I’d say he has a solid 3 years where he should continue to improve. His coachability will determine if he hits his physical potential.

2 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

You’re splitting hairs on a guy with 3 career catches over a guy with 2?

Yeah, because Jackson has the potential to catch 15-20 times that number.

2 minutes ago, TEW said:

In how many seasons?

44 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Nope.  Not happening tonight.   You're in timeout on the baseball talk because of your poor attitude.

47 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Off day today. But tomorrow humongous big series starts 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Shhhh... no details.  He has to earn the privilege back.

17 minutes ago, TEW said:

I would disagree.

It’s well beyond the initial growth phase IMO. If physical talent is the ceiling of potential level of play, coachability is the ability to reach that potential. Players generally improve as they get older in technique, awareness, etc, and that intersects with their physical peak in a player’s mid to late 20’s. Jackson is 25, playing a new position, so I’d say he has a solid 3 years where he should continue to improve. His coachability will determine if he hits his physical potential.

And when they dont develop, per your argument, it must be the coachability they lack. Which means that determines the ceiling not the physical traits. You negate your own argument.

16 minutes ago, TEW said:

Based on what evidence? He had opportunity and couldnt displace our two meh backups

How do you rank Philly teams from most emotionally invested to least? Eagles>>>Phillies>>Sixers>>Flyers

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Interesting Eagles also worked out a LB and a Long Snapper.

Lovato had some sloppy snaps in PS.  Could be preparing for if he does not snap out of it.  He is also a FA after the season and will be 32 next season.  

Wonder if Soelle was a nod to Gannon.  Decent enough measurables at the Shrine Game.  Really don’t know much about him as a prospect.

7 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

How do you rank Philly teams from most emotionally invested to least? Eagles>>>Phillies>>Sixers>>Flyers

Eagles>Phillies>Phantoms>Soul>Union (never watched a game)>Wings>Sixers>Stars>Flyers 

Reagor signed to Patriots practice squad so BB can pump him for everything he can about Nick’s offense.  

2 hours ago, mattwill said:

Zimmerman either (1) didn’t think before he acted or (2) didn’t acurately or thoroughly assess the situation before his actions.  As a result his actions produced a very different outcome for him than he had anticipated.  Bottom-line, George didn’t use critical thinking.

Do you really try and move forward without assessing the situation you are in?

Humans dont use critical thinking, including you here

situational awareness, particularly under high stress, takes tons of training and development.

people are dumb, panicky animals

7 hours ago, RunItBAck said:

Ravens

2011: Vonta Leach signed a 3 year, $11,000,000 contract with the Baltimore RavensVonta Leach signed a 3 year, $11,000,000 contract with the Baltimore Ravens

2012: Won SB

Leach was the 9th highest cap figure on that 2012 Ravens team. This is an excellent point.

49ers

2017: Kyle Juszczyk Agreed to a 4 year $21 million contract with San Francisco (SF)

2019: Superbowl Appearance - lost 

Coulda, shoulda, woulda regarding the 49ers, how refreshing and new.

Run heavy rush offenses benefit from a good FB, your post makes 0 sense. I'll give you the Dolphins though lol

The other 11 SB winners or 22 Sb teams did not overpay their FB. I'm guessing you might want to take a while to ponder what zero sense means.

Comments in red.

2011 was your starting point, The other 11 SB winners or 22 SB teams (counting coulda woulda shoulda) did not overpay their FB.

I may have missed one so it could be 21 out of 24 if you can find another high priced FB on a SB team.

CJ Ham has lots of rings, does he?

No one said rush heavy offenses should not have a FB.

I said they should not overpay for a FB.

We get to see how it plays out though as the 2023 49ers paid about the least to QBs (about 9m on the roster) and about the most to FBs.

Did I miss out on 19th century Brittish poetry day?

Man, the Phils should not take another day off until football season starts.

I'm sure there is an Oscar Wilde ball holding joke in there somewhere...

14 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Reagor signed to Patriots practice squad so BB can pump him for everything he can about Nick’s offense.  

I’d pay money to listen to Reagor try to explain anything about this offense to Belichick 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I’d pay money to listen to Reagor try to explain anything about this offense to Belichick 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRECTvq7SgQCRlcHDEGccl

36 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nope.  Not happening tonight.   You're in timeout on the baseball talk because of your poor attitude.

☹️

IMO, my preferences for a punter, in order of priority:

1. Don't shank kicks.

2. Don't blow holds.

3. Big leg to flip the field.

4. Accuracy/placement to pin teams deep.

The Eagles are going to be going for it in most "pin 'em deep" situations anyway, so that's just not as much of a priority.  Any punters with the leg to consistently flip the field are already on teams.  So they just need someone to not screw up.

34 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That sounds awful ...😉

Archived