EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, jojodancer said:

You are great at mentioning the extraneous points in all of your arguments. Point being, Gilliken punted amazing and your stats can mean doo doo at times. The good old fashioned eye test, especially for punters is important. And again Siposs just blows, when it matters. Gilliken was actually clutch in that game. You won't know that from a stat sheet.  Kern was abysmal. And Siposs wasn't quite abysmal. Okay, let's keep him.

You are combining insult and ignorance. 

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

How do you rank Philly teams from most emotionally invested to least? Eagles>>>Phillies>>Sixers>>Flyers

Eagles > Jazz> BYU> the Opera🤷‍♂️

42 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

How do you rank Philly teams from most emotionally invested to least? Eagles>>>Phillies>>Sixers>>Flyers

Eagles > Sixers > Flyers

Not a team in professional sports I dislike more than the Phillies.

Its weird how not a single NFL player who was good at their job was put on waivers or released, did not go to a new team, got added back to the practice squad, and faced tryouts of 3 or more players at his position.

Now if one were to pretend those who had to go through that were competent or good, that would be ignorant.

26 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

IMO, my preferences for a punter, in order of priority:

1. Don't shank kicks.

2. Don't blow holds.

3. Big leg to flip the field.

4. Accuracy/placement to pin teams deep.

The Eagles are going to be going for it in most "pin 'em deep" situations anyway, so that's just not as much of a priority.  Any punters with the leg to consistently flip the field are already on teams.  So they just need someone to not screw up.

Spot on, but with one addendum:

1B) Especially in the Super Bowl

50 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRECTvq7SgQCRlcHDEGccl

If anyone wants to send me out some of this I’d appreciate it 

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If anyone wants to send me out some of this I’d appreciate it 

spacer.png

Our local store used to carry turkey hill ice cream and they recently stopped and I'm so upset, I didn't know it was a Penn company and looked up where it was from, when I learned Pennsylvania I tried to talk my wife into moving to Philly.

Their simple Belgium chocolate is the best, 5 ingredients takes me about 5 minutes to eat the whole tub.😁

Kickers all over the nfl are making a higher percentage of kicks and you rarely see a hold impact a kick.  This Siposs is the golden god of holders argument seems exaggerated

3 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Kickers all over the nfl are making a higher percentage of kicks and you rarely see a hold impact a kick.  This Siposs is the golden god of holders argument seems exaggerated

Right???

I mean everyone knows Koy is HolderGod!

7 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Didn't we see a snap and hold impact an Elliot kick in the preseason? Yeah ... it's probably not important. 

I don't think it comes down to other people not being able to learn the job. It's just a kicker thing --- ask the kicker who he has the most confidence in and try to make sure he has that guy. Akers liked Detmer and the Eagles regularly kept Koy as the QB2 during the initial "emergency QB era" so he could come into the game and hold without McNabb having to stay out (because of the rule). 

If we replace Siposs, the new guy will have to take over as the holder. I'm sure most punters can handle the job with some practice. But there are always holders that are sketchy:

2 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Based on what evidence? He had opportunity and couldnt displace our two meh backups

Based on high end physical ability.

He’s brand new to the position and spent time injured.

1 minute ago, TEW said:

Based on high end physical ability.

He’s brand new to the position and spent time injured.

Which he has, allegedly, yet never got anywhere close to this theoretical ceiling…so the null hypothesis holds and the hypothesis is deemed incorrect/false

just accept that there is a massive flaw in argument.

2 hours ago, TEW said:

Yeah, because Jackson has the potential to catch 15-20 times that number.

Grant has the potential to catch 16-21 times that number.

39 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Our local store used to carry turkey hill ice cream and they recently stopped and I'm so upset, I didn't know it was a Penn company and looked up where it was from, when I learned Pennsylvania I tried to talk my wife into moving to Philly.

Their simple Belgium chocolate is the best, 5 ingredients takes me about 5 minutes to eat the whole tub.😁

Haven’t had it in years. West coast i haven’t seen it. When i go back to visit family i usually get a tub and also go to tanner bros farm 

18 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Didn't we see a snap and hold impact an Elliot kick in the preseason? Yeah ... it's probably not important. 

I don't think it comes down to other people not being able to learn the job. It's just a kicker thing --- ask the kicker who he has the most confidence in and try to make sure he has that guy. Akers liked Detmer and the Eagles regularly kept Koy as the QB2 during the initial "emergency QB era" so he could come into the game and hold without McNabb having to stay out (because of the rule). 

If we replace Siposs, the new guy will have to take over as the holder. I'm sure most punters can handle the job with some practice. But there are always holders that are sketchy:

It's not a matter of it not being important it's a matter of it being routinely done well throughout the league. The Tony Romo thing was fun but almost 20 years ago.  That's how far you have to go back to have memorable bad hold.  Of course you don't want to sign a terrible holder

I’m gonna apply. First article is gonna be about either tyree jackson why he got cut or anyone over siposs  

59 minutes ago, RLC said:

Was really hoping one of the players would do this 

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Which he has, allegedly, yet never got anywhere close to this theoretical ceiling…so the null hypothesis holds and the hypothesis is deemed incorrect/false

just accept that there is a massive flaw in argument.

Which he has empirically. It’s been tested and measured. Again, he didn’t start playing TE until 2021. Then he broke a bone and missed almost the whole season, despite having a great training camp. Then he tore his ACL.

Context matters. If you have multiple injuries that send you to IR, one of which is a 9 month minimum recovery, and you’re trying to learn a new position, these things matter and take time.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m gonna apply. First article is gonna be about either tyree jackson who’s got cut or anyone over siposs  

They can't afford you

2 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

They can't afford you

I can cover the Phillies and eagles. So they can just pay me two salaries. I got the Phillies article ready fair weather fans show up big 

11 minutes ago, TEW said:

Which he has empirically. It’s been tested and measured. Again, he didn’t start playing TE until 2021. Then he broke a bone and missed almost the whole season, despite having a great training camp. Then he tore his ACL.

Context matters. If you have multiple injuries that send you to IR, one of which is a 9 month minimum recovery, and you’re trying to learn a new position, these things matter and take time.

Its not a contest for who can be tallest or jump high. Thats all that can be tested empirically. This is about application in the conext of football which is far more variables than your testing can hope to decipher 

Nebraska falling apart the last 5 mins feels very Nebraska football of late 

Archived