EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

29 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Neither do any of the 32 football teams in the NFL, which is why no coaching staff, front office, or scouting department does anything even remotely close to what you predict or say. 

You are so wrong.   Many many times I pound the table for players.  Many many times some team ends up doing the weird thing that I suggest.  

I generally pound the table for specific types of players.  I'm not pounding all that hard for first round picks,  but for udfas and players who are sitting at home.  The likelihood of success of a udfa has got to be pretty low.  But I have a pretty damn good track record of some success for my long shot picks.  

I was pounding the table over on the  Ravens message board back in 2020 for Tyree Jackson and Khalil Tate.  As positional converts.  Before they became positional converts.  At least Tyree was a sit at home QB when I was doing that.   The Eagles then sign him to a futures in January or February 2021.   Ends up making the team,   getting hurt a lot, catching a TD pass, getting hurt some more, doing well in the 2023 preseason and getting cut and then picked up by the Giants practice squad.

I've been doing this innovation stuff that annoys so many for 10 years.  Pounding the table for Terrelle Pryor, Taysom Hill, Logan Thomas, Greg Ward and more.   For the great combine numbers and high sparq plus running QB, for positional versatility.  Before any of them were anything other than QBs.  I'm used to being right.  And I'm right, often, on things that are less than 1% chance of any success.  So, my attitude is one of confidence.

Very few people here, or other football message boards, have original ideas, generally are as wrong as the tv pundits that they get their ideas from are.  And when they do see my ideas, they often don't like them.  They are not the ideas of the tv pundits. 

The behavior of people toward me on this message board isn't really much different than anywhere else.  I say my stuff, people say boo,  I don't care because half the people on these message boards are just basic locals who like the local sports teams and want to kill time. 

This year I gave a udfa wish list to the Eagles and the Ravens.  5-10 names. Different lists.  At the end of day 3.  The Eagles took VanSumeren and Trevor Reid.  Reid is gone and VanSumeren made the practice squad.  The Ravens took Keaton Mitchell and he made the 53.  There's no calculator that I know of to measure exactly how good that is. I don't know.  1 of 1 for the Ravens is good.   I'm used to this.  And I root for my players.   I come up with ideas that basic people think are crazy.  I push those ideas and I push the players I like, who often have running QB in their backgrounds,  have great numbers, speed, sparq, often have both offense and defense on their resume.   I don't think it's that hard for great athletes on defense to become functional on offense doing the things you can watch them doing in high school or college.  Teach them 1,2,3 things,  don't expect them to do everything the position does,  just the things.  They'll do good.  

With Tyree Jackson,  I was making the case that there should be 2 starting TEs,  and that Tyree Jackson should be one of them.  Here, like a week or 2 ago.  It seems like the Eagles partially agreed with me.  They brought in a new TE, AOK, who is faster and heavier than Tyree and Grant, and had a good year with 33 catches in 2021.  And I guess they preferred Grant over Tyree, or they didn't want to cut the guy they drafted just last year.   

Again, to recap.  I say things that you think are weird,  but teams often do what I say, and I'm exceeding the expected value of the position.  Pennsylvania teens become rock stars a lot,  and udfa running QBs change positions and make rosters a lot.  I bang the table for both,  but I don't get football money.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Also consider that DeVonta is homegrown talent. If Howie has to pick between the two, I'd wager a large sum that he keeps the guy he traded up to draft. I would love for both to be here for a long time but I just think AJ Brown is moved before his deal is up. This is why I've said the Eagles have an initial 2-year window to go for broke before 2025 hits. It's not just Smith and Brown. A lot of their young talent needs to be locked up.

Double edged sword of hitting on consecutive drafts. Great players to build the core of the team but all of their contracts align and have to be redone at or around the same time.

Kelce, Lane, Cox, BG, Slay and Bradberry should all be gone by 2025. That should cover 1’s share +

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

🏈 Immaculate Grid 44 9/9:
Rarity: 31
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://immaculategrid.com/football
@immaculategrid x @pfref

I’ll never do better. First game I’ve ever even gotten below 100. Does feel a little cheap when the Eagles are on it though

damn, I got 148 today and that was one of my best. I caved and did Deion and Montana, two of the most obvious but took the sure thing to get a full grid.

1 hour ago, Random Reglar said:

You are so wrong.   Many many times I pound the table for players.  Many many times some team ends up doing the weird thing that I suggest.  

I generally pound the table for specific types of players.  I'm not pounding all that hard for first round picks,  but for udfas and players who are sitting at home.  The likelihood of success of a udfa has got to be pretty low.  But I have a pretty damn good track record of some success for my long shot picks.  

I was pounding the table over on the  Ravens message board back in 2020 for Tyree Jackson and Khalil Tate.  As positional converts.  Before they became positional converts.  At least Tyree was a sit at home QB when I was doing that.   The Eagles then sign him to a futures in January or February 2021.   Ends up making the team,   getting hurt a lot, catching a TD pass, getting hurt some more, doing well in the 2023 preseason and getting cut and then picked up by the Giants practice squad.

I've been doing this innovation stuff that annoys so many for 10 years.  Pounding the table for Terrelle Pryor, Taysom Hill, Logan Thomas, Greg Ward and more.   For the great combine numbers and high sparq plus running QB, for positional versatility.  Before any of them were anything other than QBs.  I'm used to being right.  And I'm right, often, on things that are less than 1% chance of any success.  So, my attitude is one of confidence.

Very few people here, or other football message boards, have original ideas, generally are as wrong as the tv pundits that they get their ideas from are.  And when they do see my ideas, they often don't like them.  They are not the ideas of the tv pundits. 

The behavior of people toward me on this message board isn't really much different than anywhere else.  I say my stuff, people say boo,  I don't care because half the people on these message boards are just basic locals who like the local sports teams and want to kill time. 

This year I gave a udfa wish list to the Eagles and the Ravens.  5-10 names. Different lists.  At the end of day 3.  The Eagles took VanSumeren and Trevor Reid.  Reid is gone and VanSumeren made the practice squad.  The Ravens took Keaton Mitchell and he made the 53.  There's no calculator that I know of to measure exactly how good that is. I don't know.  1 of 1 for the Ravens is good.   I'm used to this.  And I root for my players.   I come up with ideas that basic people think are crazy.  I push those ideas and I push the players I like, who often have running QB in their backgrounds,  have great numbers, speed, sparq, often have both offense and defense on their resume.   I don't think it's that hard for great athletes on defense to become functional on offense doing the things you can watch them doing in high school or college.  Teach them 1,2,3 things,  don't expect them to do everything the position does,  just the things.  They'll do good.  

With Tyree Jackson,  I was making the case that there should be 2 starting TEs,  and that Tyree Jackson should be one of them.  Here, like a week or 2 ago.  It seems like the Eagles partially agreed with me.  They brought in a new TE, AOK, who is faster and heavier than Tyree and Grant, and had a good year with 33 catches in 2021.  And I guess they preferred Grant over Tyree, or they didn't want to cut the guy they drafted just last year.   

Again, to recap.  I say things that you think are weird,  but teams often do what I say, and I'm exceeding the expected value of the position.  Pennsylvania teens become rock stars a lot,  and udfa running QBs change positions and make rosters a lot.  I bang the table for both,  but I don't get football money.

image.gif.a83402185cede3bd292704026267a8f1.gif

@RememberTheKoy What ever happened to Steve Guttenberg?  Police Academy, Cocoon, 3 Men and a Baby?  Then poof. Gone. Go Phillies!  Don’t you hope Bryce Harper hits 301 tonight!  Let’s go Phils!  

30 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

damn, I got 148 today and that was one of my best. I caved and did Deion and Montana, two of the most obvious but took the sure thing to get a full grid.

I really had to try hard to not say Deion. But then I realized a former eagle nailed it!

For SF Kansas City, if you recall KC lost the 2018 AFCCG to Tom Brady, Mahomes’ first season as starter. They needed up grade their pass rush, so they traded a 1st for Frank Clark to replace the pass rusher they traded to SF….

1 minute ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I really had to try hard to not say Deion. But then I realized a former eagle nailed it!

For SF Kansas City, if you recall KC lost the 2018 AFCCG to Tom Brady, Mahomes’ first season as starter. They then traded a 1st for Frank Clark to replace the pass rusher they moved to SF….

I used Allen Rossum for ATL/GB. Was going to use Frank Clark for KC/SF but figured he might have a higher % due to recency.

17 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He pounded the table dammit!!

that's all that any of us who don't actually work for the team can do.

Pounding the table is not at all some obscure phrase.  I'm not the only person here who does that.  Some are pounding the table for punt god right now.

7 hours ago, mattwill said:

Who were the three? I have Carter, Anderson, and ?

Bijan Robinson. Elite, elite RB prospect. 

The issue is that we were never taking an RB that high.

19 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Here's the easy version.

You're wrong.

Many reasons.

See above for reasons.

You should take the time to make more detailed, nonsensical posts.  There’s really no thought behind this one. 

23 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I used Allen Rossum for ATL/GB. Was going to use Frank Clark for KC/SF but figured he might have a higher % due to recency.

Frank Clark was Seattle-KC, they traded Dee Ford to SF. He was a super low % (4-6?)

For the GB-ATL one, In the 90’s I remember a quirky stat that a pro bowl safety (Eugene Robinson) lost back to back super bowls to the Broncos while on different teams. He also got arrested for picking up a prostitute literally the weekend of the  Atlanta SB. His claim to fame

7 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

I don't play fantasy football.

The popularity of fantasy football causes people to root for players based on chance.  "These are the players I happened to get this year,  I'll be rooting for them in order to hopefully make a little money".   I don't particularly like that.

Additionally, it makes the actual NFL games a little bit more generic.  I want interesting.  I like it when not stars are doing things. Like you said.  Fantasy players root for stars to pile up stats.  People who are not fantasy players aren't rooting for their stars to pile up stats to hopefully make them money. 

If everyone played fantasy football, no one would be rooting for any kind of non generic non star getting more stats outcome. 

I'm someone who puts in requests for players on day 3 of the draft for the teams to take as udfa.  Most people have given up by then because all the players they know about and care about are gone  My interests aren't the most generic and basic. 

To whom exactly do you send these "requests” to? :unsure:

6 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Further behind than you.

Wrong, clone.

1 hour ago, Random Reglar said:

You should just stick to the Ravens message board, and make sure you don’t miss any of your counseling appointments.

9 hours ago, BigEFly said:

What are your lists by position this fall.  You always throw out names not yet on my radar. Thanks

I’ll throw it out there when I get home  , been in South Carolina the last 2 weeks .

22 minutes ago, hputenis said:

You should take the time to make more detailed, nonsensical posts.  There’s really no thought behind this one. 

ha ha good one.  you have the long version of me telling you you're wrong, and the short version of me telling you I'm wrong.

I type crazy stuff like "Taysom Hill can return kicks".  That never happened before I typed it.   But then the Saints picked him up after the Packers cut him, and they actually had him return kicks and he was good at it.  This is his 7th year with the Saints,  he's put up good numbers doing a bunch of stuff.  NFL teams often do the weird stuff that the basics here hate.

14 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

To whom exactly do you send these "requests” to? :unsure:

Wrong, clone.

You should just stick to the Ravens message board, and make sure you don’t miss any of your counseling appointments.

Well since you said it,  and you're so wrong so often, no, I won't do that.

1 minute ago, Random Reglar said:

Well since you said it,  and you're so wrong so often, no, I won't do that.

You didn’t answer…to whom do you send these table pounding "requests” to?

4 hours ago, mattwill said:

That is easily fixable.  All you have to do is take steps to meet some of those anonymous EMB people in person.  I live in California, and I have met EMB posters in California, Puerto Rico, Nevada, Texas, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.

Whiskey and wine at the combine anytime

19 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

You didn’t answer…to whom do you send these table pounding "requests” to?

On these message boards. 

You seem to miss the original point.  Which was "no one in the NFL would even do that".   And I pointed out example after example of NFL teams doing the stuff you call weird. 

I'm not trying to prove something other than I'm right,  he's wrong.  I'm not trying to argue that I call Howie on the phone, or that Howie does what I say all the time. 

I do think that there are people who work for the NFL who read football message boards.  It's not all local sports fans who would just as well talk about the Phillies as the Eagles.   I would guess that there are NFL people lurking on football message boards and some may be registered.  I can't tell you how it is that, often, the very low cost udfas, often running QB end up getting converted to other positions after I type that those running QBs should be brought in as either a QB or another position.  But those weird things that I type do happen a lot.  I'm used to it.

1 minute ago, Random Reglar said:

On these message boards. 

You seem to miss the original point.  Which was "no one in the NFL would even do that".   And I pointed out example after example of NFL teams doing the stuff you call weird. 

I'm not trying to prove something other than I'm right,  he's wrong.  I'm not trying to argue that I call Howie on the phone, or that Howie does what I say all the time. 

I do think that there are people who work for the NFL who read football message boards.  It's not all local sports fans who would just as well talk about the Phillies as the Eagles.   I would guess that there are NFL people lurking on football message boards and some may be registered.  I can't tell you how it is that, often, the very low cost udfas, often running QB end up getting converted to other positions after I type that those running QBs should be brought in as either a QB or another position.  But those weird things that I type do happen a lot.  I'm used to it.

Ah, delusions of grandeur. I see. I mean wow, most of those convert guys have gone on to have long and awesome careers. I sincerely hope that some NFL executives do lurk here and see your genius. Perhaps you’re the right person to turn this franchise around..

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Ah, delusions of grandeur. I see. I mean wow, most of those convert guys have gone on to have long and awesome careers. I sincerely hope that some NFL executives do lurk here and see your genius. Perhaps you’re the right person to turn this franchise around..

If they were here, Id have been scouting for the team for the past 10 years and should be their highest paid scout by now. 

On Tuesday, I am demanding the other partners in my firm give me a standing ovation like Trea. I’m not in a slump, but I want to see what it can do heading into Q4. 

15 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

On Tuesday, I am demanding the other partners in my firm give me a standing ovation like Trea. I’m not in a slump, but I want to see what it can do heading into Q4. 

Ill take one too. I have a big job interview coming up.

Archived