EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

7 minutes ago, QCAZEagle said:

What is that guys deal? Wouldn’t it be acceptable to talk about the other teams in the city on the football forum?

I think it's Asbergers, and I'm not even saying it to be funny.  Otherwise, he is the most brilliant, intolerable, suffering troll of all time.  

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RLC said:

It's a top 10 that is close/similar to 2021 in terms of quality.
2023 was actually a poor top 10 in terms of blue-chip talent. There were only 2 blue-chip prospects in the draft and we got one of them. 3 if you want to include Will Anderson. 

Who were the three? I have Carter, Anderson, and ?

13 minutes ago, QCAZEagle said:

What is that guys deal? Wouldn’t it be acceptable to talk about the other teams in the city on the football forum?

There are sub forums and threads specifically for that

5 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I think it's Asbergers, and I'm not even saying it to be funny.  Otherwise, he is the most brilliant, intolerable, suffering troll of all time.  

100% in agreement. It's ass-burgers.

14 minutes ago, QCAZEagle said:

He has a hole in his brain. Not to mention he gobbles Hurts nut sack and pays his rent

14 minutes ago, paco said:

Which we used on Barnett so..... even trade.

I still think they move him at the deadline

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Oh man, he's terrible. I almost feel bad for him. 

I don't. He'll be fired after this year

4 hours ago, bpac55 said:

an oft-injured player...you know Howie has interest! 

My dream targets in the draft

-Marvin Harrison Jr.- never going to happen but I can dream

-Leonard Taylor- unrealistic as they just drafted DT back to back in the 1st but Taylor is a menace and reminds me a lot of Jalen Carter

-Emeka Egbuka- Harrison is the grand prize, Egbuka is a flat out stud too. I think WR needs to be addressed sooner than later. Not sure how they can keep both Brown and Smith. Smith is my priority to keep. Brown will be due A LOT of money and not sure how they can do it.

-Jared Verse- He would have been a top pick this year. Flat out stud and would be fantastic on this DL.

I’m afraid all of those four will be long gone before we pick.  I suspect Howie may be in Jason Peters/AJ Brown trade mode with this year’s pick … or possibly in Dallas Goedert trade mode.

3 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nah.  If there's a missed kick, you can blame it all on the kicker, but many times there are other reasons besides the simplest... he pushed it or he shanked.  Kickers do... but a late placement, a misplacement, having the angle of the lean 5 degrees one way instead of the other, late getting his hand out of the way...  there's a bunch of ways a hold can be bad without it being in the slightest bit noticeable to the casual observer.

A very similar discussion took place yesterday in the US Open tennis broadcast discussion regarding the placement of the service toss above the server’s head.  Just a few degrees of difference makes a huge difference in the effectiveness and placement of the serve.

I don't see a situation where the Eagles trade AJ or Devonta so long as they are on good terms with Jalen and there's no unforeseen falling out.  Howie will make the money work if the offense is humming.  I'm sure he's already ran the numbers in forecasts

2 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I don't see a situation where the Eagles trade AJ or Devonta so long as they are on good terms with Jalen and there's no unforeseen falling out.  Howie will make the money work if the offense is humming.  I'm sure he's already ran the numbers in forecasts

Agreed

3 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

I understand the theoreticals.  Now can you tell me one team in the nfl who replaced their holder last season because they thought he was doing a poor job and costing them points?

You are thinking reactively … as fans we rarely have any alternative other than to do so.  But the teams are able to approach a personnel decision proactively, and as a result they don’t find themselves in the kind of mid season scenario that you have described.

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He should be honest and tell them they should only play so they can get a better opportunity somewhere else 

3 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Was Gostkowski’s miss of a short field goal in SB the result of a bad snap or a bad hold? I watched the replay of that game so many times and yet I still don’t remember. I know the ball was fumbled and they did all they could to eventually get it spotted. Thankfully it clanged off the upright. 

If it was indeed a hold, well, you have your answer about holding and how it can cost you. 

Or how about the Double Doink by the Bears kicker?

3 hours ago, TEW said:

He’s had 3 offseasons, 2 full seasons, and was on IR twice. Again, context matters.

IMG_0584.jpeg

10 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I hope so, but I have a feeling both won't be here together for long. It's not that he couldn't make it work either, I just don't think he would want to allocate that much into WR. Two top 10 paid WR's both making over $25M APY is putting a lot of eggs in a basket.

2 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

I took a shot on Tyjae Spears. He's talented, looked good in the preseason, he's in a run first offense, and the guy ahead of him will be a 30 year old 250 lb RB with a lot of miles on him. 

If Henry gets hurt he could be an RB1. 

Kendre Miller is in a similar situation.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I hope so, but I have a feeling both won't be here together for long. It's not that he couldn't make it work either, I just don't think he would want to allocate that much into WR. 

It is a passing league. I can see him paying both and going cheaper elsewhere like CB for example. Not to mention the cap will keep increasing 

4 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I think the issue will be AJ's next contract.  I think the Devonta extension will be worked out next offseason.  

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

It is a passing league. I can see him paying both and going cheaper elsewhere like CB for example. Not to mention the cap will keep increasing 

I meant more extend Smith and move off AJ eventually. We'll have both for the next couple years, but not extending Smith and then giving AJ another extension also. I think Smith will be the longer tenured Eagle of the two. 

57 minutes ago, hputenis said:

That reminds me - I definitely want to send an invite to @Random Reglar for my fantasy league.  Would be nice to have someone actually draft players with the highest RAS and also defensive players to win free money.    

I don't play fantasy football.

The popularity of fantasy football causes people to root for players based on chance.  "These are the players I happened to get this year,  I'll be rooting for them in order to hopefully make a little money".   I don't particularly like that.

Additionally, it makes the actual NFL games a little bit more generic.  I want interesting.  I like it when not stars are doing things. Like you said.  Fantasy players root for stars to pile up stats.  People who are not fantasy players aren't rooting for their stars to pile up stats to hopefully make them money. 

If everyone played fantasy football, no one would be rooting for any kind of non generic non star getting more stats outcome. 

I'm someone who puts in requests for players on day 3 of the draft for the teams to take as udfa.  Most people have given up by then because all the players they know about and care about are gone  My interests aren't the most generic and basic. 

16 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

I don't play fantasy football.

The popularity of fantasy football causes people to root for players based on chance.  "These are the players I happened to get this year,  I'll be rooting for them in order to hopefully make a little money".   I don't particularly like that.

Additionally, it makes the actual NFL games a little bit more generic.  I want interesting.  I like it when not stars are doing things. Like you said.  Fantasy players root for stars to pile up stats.  People who are not fantasy players aren't rooting for their stars to pile up stats to hopefully make them money. 

If everyone played fantasy football, no one would be rooting for any kind of non generic non star getting more stats outcome. 

I'm someone who puts in requests for players on day 3 of the draft for the teams to take as udfa.  Most people have given up by then because all the players they know about and care about are gone  My interests aren't the most generic and basic. 

YARN | OK. A simple ''wrong'' would have done just fine, but... | Billy  Madison (1995) | Video gifs by quotes | f09523be | 紗

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I don't consider anonymous EMB people, "friends." 

I'm not gonna lie. This hurts me a little bit.   

Archived