EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

18 minutes ago, hputenis said:

YARN | OK. A simple ''wrong'' would have done just fine, but... | Billy  Madison (1995) | Video gifs by quotes | f09523be | 紗

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”
― Socrates

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”
― Socrates

image.gif.ea5b9a7377354efbc8fb00a260dd1c85.gif

Problem is your ideas are horrendous.  

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I don't consider anonymous EMB people, "friends." And don't worry, you're not far behind.

Someone just talked themselves out of an invitation to my Quinceanera

5 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

I understand the theoreticals.  Now can you tell me one team in the nfl who replaced their holder last season because they thought he was doing a poor job and costing them points?

Point was, and remains, more than punting is considered when determining who the punter will be.  What you might be willing to give up... a guy who punts a little worse or a guy who holds a little worse...

And, I do believe that if a holder was terrible that they'd use someone else to do it.  I haven't seen a team do it, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.  Very rarely do we hear the holder's name... unless they really screw up and its obvious from 50 yards away... or they malke a great catch on a terrible snap... which also happens.  

The point is... there are three players involved in the placekicking game, and for a placekick to be successful, all three pieces have to do their job at a certain level.  Bad snap, bad hold, bad kick... any of these can mean the kick is missed.  So, it isn't as simple as the placekicker alone.  And we also know that all place kickers are head cases, and can get the yips, and little things can throw them off.  So familiarity with the holder and their chemistry really does matter.  

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He was also on roids for that role to throw that. 

Charlie Sheen... taking drugs?   Now I've heard everything!

charlie-sheen-winning.gif

59 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think the issue will be AJ's next contract.  I think the Devonta extension will be worked out next offseason.  

Also consider that DeVonta is homegrown talent. If Howie has to pick between the two, I'd wager a large sum that he keeps the guy he traded up to draft. I would love for both to be here for a long time but I just think AJ Brown is moved before his deal is up. This is why I've said the Eagles have an initial 2-year window to go for broke before 2025 hits. It's not just Smith and Brown. A lot of their young talent needs to be locked up.

Double edged sword of hitting on consecutive drafts. Great players to build the core of the team but all of their contracts align and have to be redone at or around the same time.

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Also consider that DeVonta is homegrown talent. If Howie has to pick between the two, I'd wager a large sum that he keeps the guy he traded up to draft. I would love for both to be here for a long time but I just think AJ Brown is moved before his deal is up. This is why I've said the Eagles have an initial 2-year window to go for broke before 2025 hits. It's not just Smith and Brown. A lot of their young talent needs to be locked up.

Double edged sword of hitting on consecutive drafts. Great players to build the core of the team but all of their contracts align and have to be redone at or around the same time.

I'd keep Smith, because Brown will fall off faster than Smith will.  Brown plays a much more physical brand of football, and I think that will take a larger toll on his body, not counting that he already has extra NFL miles on his body compared to Smith.  

That said, the Eagles didn't find themselves in this situation because they hit in consecutive drafts.  They were acquired in consecutive drafts, but Brown was a trade where they immediately gave him a $100M contract... they never got the benefit of a rookie contract with him... but they also didn't have the uncertainty with him either.  Smith is easily the best WR the Eagles have drafted going back to at least 2009 with Maclin.  No one in the meantime is even close, and it could be extended all the way to 1982 with Mike Quick... with a possible nod to Chris Carter in the 1987 supplemental draft, but his best years were clearly in Minnesota, not here.

1 hour ago, QCAZEagle said:

What is that guys deal? Wouldn’t it be acceptable to talk about the other teams in the city on the football forum?

obvious clone is obvious

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'd keep Smith, because Brown will fall off faster than Smith will.  Brown plays a much more physical brand of football, and I think that will take a larger toll on his body, not counting that he already has extra NFL miles on his body compared to Smith.  

That said, the Eagles didn't find themselves in this situation because they hit in consecutive drafts.  They were acquired in consecutive drafts, but Brown was a trade where they immediately gave him a $100M contract... they never got the benefit of a rookie contract with him... but they also didn't have the uncertainty with him either.  Smith is easily the best WR the Eagles have drafted going back to at least 2009 with Maclin.  No one in the meantime is even close, and it could be extended all the way to 1982 with Mike Quick... with a possible nod to Chris Carter in the 1987 supplemental draft, but his best years were clearly in Minnesota, not here.

I'm talking about more than Brown and Smith. They have a ton of talent that's all going to need new contracts. 

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

spacer.png

Maybe they just didn't want to trade him, but didn't want to just say no, so they asked for the moon... and if they got it, they win.  If they don't, they still win because he's not going anywhere.

3 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Regular Season Blog is now open!

This one will remain available for the rest of the day.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I don't consider anonymous EMB people, "friends." And don't worry, you're not far behind.

Further behind than you.

1 hour ago, mattwill said:

Or how about the Double Doink by the Bears kicker?

I think the snap and hold were fine on that play. Don’t remember any issue other than Parkey simply missing it. Or having it get slightly deflected.

16 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Was really hoping one of the players would do this 

spacer.png

Despite his stats nobody liked him here and maybe this time it was for a reason. For me that started at his introduction when he insisted to be called ‚JG‘..

I for one feel grateful for the Cardinals making us move on. Feel like we dodged a bullet.

6 hours ago, TEW said:

He’s had 3 offseasons, 2 full seasons, and was on IR twice. Again, context matters.

Mote than enough if the ability is there

On 8/31/2023 at 4:52 PM, BigEFly said:

@Connecticut Eagle

For those keeping score on your proposal on a new thread at the bye.

@HazletonEagle Hell No

Rest of the Blog doesn’t care but open if it makes the Blog run faster.

Thanks to @VaBeach_Eagle for suggesting using the share option on the triple dots to quote from closed Blog to new Blog during transition. 

Carry on

The correct answer is to do it simply BECAUSE @HazletonEagle doesn’t want to

1 hour ago, Random Reglar said:

You just don't understand them.

Neither do any of the 32 football teams in the NFL, which is why no coaching staff, front office, or scouting department does anything even remotely close to what you predict or say. 

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

That is easily fixable.  All you have to do is take steps to meet some of those anonymous EMB people in person.  I live in California, and I have met EMB posters in California, Puerto Rico, Nevada, Texas, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.

54 minutes ago, just relax said:

Perhaps it's because they make little sense.

whatever

The Eagles have great players.

There, that should work for you.

🏈 Immaculate Grid 44 9/9:
Rarity: 31
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://immaculategrid.com/football
@immaculategrid x @pfref

I’ll never do better. First game I’ve ever even gotten below 100. Does feel a little cheap when the Eagles are on it though

10 hours ago, just relax said:

I am in no way a Penn State fan but I have a high regard for Olu Fashanu (hope I spelled that correctly). I have no idea where he might fall in the draft But I think he can play.

Think Sikemma had him at 5 or 6

Archived