Hate to say it…. Hurts got paid. He’s done

uncphillyfan

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

Philly fans are harsher on their own players than other teams.  There are QBs around the league making mistakes, having bad games and playing through injury.  Fans will call them gutsy, gritty, tough, overcoming adversity, leader, etc.

Then Jalen overcomes mistakes, adversity, injury and WINS and while I think most fans support him there are still those that are so critical of him.  He's had too many turnovers this year, yes.  But when he steps on the field you can also be confident he will lead and bounce back to find ways to win.

QB play outside of 5 guys is below average this year but people still won't appericate Hurts what he does for the team 

• Like 2

Hurts could not run and had to stay in the pocket- due to injury, against the Commanders. He destroyed their secondary. Nuff said.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

A bone bruise generates a lot of pain.

Speaking as someone who's had a bone bruise this crap is straight facts.  That crap hurts like hell, even though it's not the type of injury where playing through it will risk ending up with a worse injury, it's just a pain management thing until it heals up. 

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

IMG_8628.jpeg

This thread is going to be up there with the Lesean McCoy is a bust.  :roll:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Have to agree here.  This thread is not aging well.  Was pretty banged up this past weekend but got it done with little to no running.

• Thanks 1

I haven’t been here in a while. It’s good to see some things never change.

Someone felt so strongly they shared that opinion. Yikes.

40 minutes ago, uncphillyfan said:

It was a joke people!  7 pages. I’m famous!

girl-sure-jan.gif

• Like 2

20 hours ago, EagleVA said:

How would you know? 

Have you lived all the other NFL team cities and heard their fans criticism of their teams?

I was in Arizona for 5 years and had a friend from Wisconsin who was a that's  Packer fan and he was no different from Eagles fans, he loved his Packers to death but also was very harsh in his criticism when it was called for.

Typically speaking, it's the fans that barely know football who carry around pom-poms for their teams, real football fans that are knowledgeable of the game speak up when they see sub-par play.

Don't let the MSM tell you how to be a fan.   

First of all, my post wasn't about other teams' fans, it was about Eagles fans.  Eagles fans will look at other teams, coaches and players and allow for excuses and rationalizations like injury, strength of opponent, division rivals play each other tough, etc. but when it comes to their own team will be harsh, even in a win.  I didn't say carry pom poms, I even said being critical of mistakes is to be expected but some will be all negative no matter what. It's the opposite of homers, it's finding the negative even in wins. 

Second of all, yes I've lived around the country in different states, and in areas with transplant fans from around the country.  Your anecdote of meeting 1 Packers fan who was harsh about his team is supposed to negate that?  In fact, many cities local fans are more supportive of their teams and not nearly as negative.  I've listened to sports radio on multiple cities where they don't have to be talked off the ledge and go on insane foaming at the mouth rants.  I have found that fans in the northeast are similar to Philly fans while elsewhere around the country are less negative.  You think everyone is a homer carrying pom poms when they call out the completely negative people, when most fans are really in the middle:  fairly critical of what deserves criticism (like turnovers for example) but not contrarian and negative about everything and also talking about the positive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

First of all, my post wasn't about other teams' fans,

"Philly fans are harsher on their own players than other teams." 

I take it by "other teams" you meant "other teams fans"?  

Not sure about you but I've yet to meet someone who's "completely negative".

I stand by what I wrote, don't let the MSM or anyone for that matter tell you how to be a fan.

11 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

"Philly fans are harsher on their own players than other teams." 

I take it by "other teams" you meant "other teams fans"?  

Not sure about you but I've yet to meet someone who's "completely negative".

I stand by what I wrote, don't let the MSM or anyone for that matter tell you how to be a fan.

Other team's players.

@EagleVA don’t waste your breath with @NOTW.  He has taken up a stupid crusade to shame, vilify, demonize or ridicule anyone who dares come to TATE critical of Eagles players, especially Jalen Hurts.  At the time @uncphillyfan just voiced a frustration that plenty of fans were feeling to some degree or another.   Hurts had been leaking oil a bit and cost the team the Jets game with piss poor play.   He had a bad day, along with a few sub par outings that weren’t what we expected given the leap he made last year.  I am personally glad to see Hurts playing well again.  But to vent frustration to other Eagles fans when a guy your team just paid big money is laying an egg compared to his prior year isn’t egregious.  I remember going to a game with my old man at the vet that we lost to the Giants.  Reggie White was on a heater that year and I think had well over 15 sacks on the season.  They double teamed Reggie the whole game and he didn’t get it going.  Giants end up winning the game and the crowd was booing White for not making a game changing play.  Was it his fault? No.  But the standard was set so high for Reggie because of how great he was.  Jalen’s bar is very high because of what he did last season.  MVP IMHO in 2022.  He had played just well enough to get wins this year with a loaded roster but played to his level on Sunday.  We’ve had some games this season which we won in spite of his turnovers.  On Sunday, he played like an MVP.  I hope this thread ages horribly and he plays this way the rest of the season.  What @NOTW doesn’t know is that @uncphillyfan bled Eagles green before @NOTW was swimming in his daddy’s sack. He bleeds green more than any of these Pom Pom waving bouls.  He was drawlin with his thread, but it’s passion.  Got no hate for the hardcore old school Eagles fan.  These young bouls can wave their pom poms and go find their safe space and preach behind the keyboard. My guess is that @uncphillyfan would knock his ass out, wake him up then by him a drink if the keyboard and mouse wasn’t the way they was communicating. 

1 hour ago, VeeMak said:

@EagleVA don’t waste your breath with @NOTW.  He has taken up a stupid crusade to shame, vilify, demonize or ridicule anyone who dares come to TATE critical of Eagles players, especially Jalen Hurts.  At the time @uncphillyfan just voiced a frustration that plenty of fans were feeling to some degree or another.   Hurts had been leaking oil a bit and cost the team the Jets game with piss poor play.   He had a bad day, along with a few sub par outings that weren’t what we expected given the leap he made last year.  I am personally glad to see Hurts playing well again.  But to vent frustration to other Eagles fans when a guy your team just paid big money is laying an egg compared to his prior year isn’t egregious.  I remember going to a game with my old man at the vet that we lost to the Giants.  Reggie White was on a heater that year and I think had well over 15 sacks on the season.  They double teamed Reggie the whole game and he didn’t get it going.  Giants end up winning the game and the crowd was booing White for not making a game changing play.  Was it his fault? No.  But the standard was set so high for Reggie because of how great he was.  Jalen’s bar is very high because of what he did last season.  MVP IMHO in 2022.  He had played just well enough to get wins this year with a loaded roster but played to his level on Sunday.  We’ve had some games this season which we won in spite of his turnovers.  On Sunday, he played like an MVP.  I hope this thread ages horribly and he plays this way the rest of the season.  What @NOTW doesn’t know is that @uncphillyfan bled Eagles green before @NOTW was swimming in his daddy’s sack. He bleeds green more than any of these Pom Pom waving bouls.  He was drawlin with his thread, but it’s passion.  Got no hate for the hardcore old school Eagles fan.  These young bouls can wave their pom poms and go find their safe space and preach behind the keyboard. My guess is that @uncphillyfan would knock his ass out, wake him up then by him a drink if the keyboard and mouse wasn’t the way they was communicating. 

What a completely unhinged psychotic post :wacko:  :roll:

giphy (2).gif

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

What a completely unhinged psychotic post :wacko:  :roll:

giphy (2).gif

Great rebuttal, pom pom boy.

2 minutes ago, uncphillyfan said:

I’m having a veemak attack!

Caped crusader NOTW coming with his pom poms and knee pads to save his hero!  Oh Jalen, I love you!  I adore you Jalen!  You’re my hero!  I wore my knee pads for you!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

Caped crusader NOTW coming with his pom poms and knee pads to save his hero!  Oh Jalen, I love you!  I adore you Jalen!  You’re my hero!  I wore my knee pads for you!

You're a weirdo. I've been critical of Hurts all season with his turnovers & decisions. I've booed him in the GDT for certain plays. 

Then there's the absurd take in this topic that you agreed with that everyone else is roasting because it's ridiculous. 

On 10/24/2023 at 3:56 PM, NOTW said:

Hmm, the haters aren't here after a win.  

Being critical is one thing, we are all critical of his mistakes.  But he also never lost confidence, made good reads and throws, maintained leadership and led the team to a big win.

The haters (who see no good in him at all) will be back at the next loss to pounce again.  

14 minutes ago, NOTW said:

You're a weirdo. I've been critical of Hurts all season with his turnovers & decisions. I've booed him in the GDT for certain plays. 

Then there's the absurd take in this topic that you agreed with that everyone else is roasting because it's ridiculous. 

A5A3A27E-3543-47B1-89B2-4D0C0F4C7860.jpeg

437EB9B1-A4E3-41B3-91F3-655396904E7F.jpeg