Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ongoing Eagles New Discussion volume 2

Featured Replies

  • Author
1 minute ago, mattwill said:

You may be right.

All I know is that I don't know. I said maybe and that's final HAHA

  • Replies 77.3k
  • Views 1.5m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

  • Author
5 minutes ago, mattwill said:

What would have been the negative consequence of losing that game. 2024 Game Two was a loss. How did that work out? Losses this early in the season are much, much less impactful than losses in December. This is the time of the season to take chances … to take on risk for the possibility of greater reward.

I agree. This was a team we could do that with and still possibly win. If you watched the Rams tonight there would be nothing learned getting our arse handed to us. Nothing at all just taking a beating

  • Author
4 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I don’t know. Could only listen to the radio broadcast. Audio only. No video.

OK I really believe we were looking at a top OT before Lemon fell like out of the sky. You can't turn that down. I'm glad we got Bell, but we failed to find top G talent. Maybe Micah works out in time or Kendall. Lampkin plays hard but he is small comparatively, so not sure he can take a whole games worth. Once again IDK but until we have a top or excellent O line Barkley will suffer and that's wasted talent to me. So we all want perfection, will never have that, but a dominant O line sure helps this team. Let's get through this Chicago game and see where we are

  • Author
28 minutes ago, mattwill said:

This is the QB you have taken an unending raft of crap from @cunninghamtheman about.

Yep that's a fact. But Dalton and McKee(who I thought was on fire once) both proved they are BU quality not future starters. As much as I wanted McKee to be that he fell back to earth. So as mediocre as I feel Hurts is, to this point he wins games as ugly as they are. I think we're going to have to draft a future QB and I feel Howie has been playing into that keeping 2 round 1 picks in his pocket. Hurts is back to using his legs which was missing last year, that doesn't mean I want him pressured all game

  • Author

At any rate, I will let the pros do the job they are paid to do. I/we can like what they do or not, but as a "couch coach" I have no say. Mannion needs to stop all the flair passes. He's becoming a bit predictable with that

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

At any rate, I will let the pros do the job they are paid to do. I/we can like what they do or not, but as a "couch coach" I have no say. Mannion needs to stop all the flair passes. He's becoming a bit predictable with that

It's definitely not helping Lemon make lemonade. He needs some sugar, no seeds or stems.

An observation ... the current Eagles OL... Jaws and Randall would have loved to have had this line in the mid 80s and the next decade.

13 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We had to put bodies on the field, nothing more than that. We already understand playing musical chairs with the O line does not breed success,but you do what you can with anyone who can stand upright

Right, so the idea is that you don't have the final answer right away. You need to see it play out. Last week there were reports of Fred Johnson at LG. I'm sure they had a bunch of different combos in mind. I'm sure things were updated depending upon the health of all the players, how they improved at camp...etc.

I know Ham used to like the team to be 100% maxed out to it's best level by game 2... I didn't realize for everyone else the team had to look perfect and had to have all the answers by week 2?

I came out of the game ... with the hope that they realize they need to give Tank some carries. I'm sure the blocking schemes and the play calls will evolve. They came back from behind, which is very rare for this team... ( the game winning drive stat, it's a little deceptive... if you are down or tied starting the 4th quarter and are already in FG range to take the lead, that counts as a 4th quarter game winning drive. This was a very nice drive. Down a FG starting on your own 35, you are in FG range to tie it after 2 passes. Plenty of time with 1:56 left. They were taking their time to leave nothing left, there was never a rush in reality. It's a different situation than we have seen over trhe years where there was more pressure due to the clock... and Hurts and company failed. But, we won and we take that and move on.

Long season. Lots to learn EVERY WEEK.

  • Author
25 minutes ago, joemas72 said:

Right, so the idea is that you don't have the final answer right away. You need to see it play out. Last week there were reports of Fred Johnson at LG. I'm sure they had a bunch of different combos in mind. I'm sure things were updated depending upon the health of all the players, how they improved at camp...etc.

I know Ham used to like the team to be 100% maxed out to it's best level by game 2... I didn't realize for everyone else the team had to look perfect and had to have all the answers by week 2?

I came out of the game ... with the hope that they realize they need to give Tank some carries. I'm sure the blocking schemes and the play calls will evolve. They came back from behind, which is very rare for this team... ( the game winning drive stat, it's a little deceptive... if you are down or tied starting the 4th quarter and are already in FG range to take the lead, that counts as a 4th quarter game winning drive. This was a very nice drive. Down a FG starting on your own 35, you are in FG range to tie it after 2 passes. Plenty of time with 1:56 left. They were taking their time to leave nothing left, there was never a rush in reality. It's a different situation than we have seen over trhe years where there was more pressure due to the clock... and Hurts and company failed. But, we won and we take that and move on.

Long season. Lots to learn EVERY WEEK.

Right, injuries mess up all the plans you laid down. New players play differently than the ones you mainly planned for. Like every team others will use a weakness to their advantage. Nothing can be done about this except for changing plans and play calls to suit the people you can put on the field of lesser experience and/or quality. Our LB's/S's are going to have issues vs the twin TE's in Chicago. They have 2 good ones. They have a nice running game as well. As far as our offense,it has a different look but IMO smells alot the same as last year. I say that because we see that pass to the sidelines that never works and we see it over and over. Maybe it's a favorite play for Mannion, but doesn't really fit this offense and I find that concerning that he keeps trying it. It's becoming way to obvious and predictable. Mannion is in learning mode as well, so I can give him a pass for now. He should discover what works more. Bark is being boxed in and we need to answer that problem. I know Mannion is doing his best with a weakened O line. I was a bit surprised we moved Jurgens, seeing as this new O concept could be a problem for new centers, but Kendall did ok and they put they felt were the best 2. It's difficult when you lack solid BU's. That final drive was gold for me. The hunger is what I'd like to see more of. Hurts running(because he had to) was good for me to see because that used to be a strength we had.. I really like Cooper, but I know Lemon will take that over in time as he acclimates. I just wish we had more to offer Bark as far as line play. I suspect Mannion will move to what suits Bark better since we can't open holes at the LOS for him. Like to see our RB's out on short routes collecting passes. That would help since we lack a TE at the moment. Bark/Tank need to be in the open field more IMO. Figuring out how to get them the ball at level 2 through the passing game is what I would try. Although the O line debut wasn't very good, it may be the only combo we can field right now. I'm interested to see if we keep that lineup. This is going to be a tougher game than the Titans. If we can work some of the above "magic" we can open this up more. Our D needs to clamp down this game to give us more ops on offense. Very interesting time for this team

Image the OL will get it together before to long especially if the same 5 guys can actually play together for consecutive games. Really hard to gel if we are stuck swapping guys every game.

Hopefully the current starting 5 stay healthy and upright for a while. Sure Kendall will grow into his role at C.

Jurgens getting moved is curious though of Kendall/Lampkin look strong at C and Jurgens plays better at G do we look to keep Jurguens as a G?

Jurguens best year was probably starting as a G

  • Author

Some pluses for us include Wicks. As he works with Hurts he is a fine replacement for AJ without the whining BS. Hurts running is what we paid him for so it's nice to see that even if it's being forced. The running game suffers from the O line. That's not going to last forever I hope. Maybe we try Micah over there or Bell, we can't let people through unchallenged. Kind of Captain Obvious there. I will let the staff do what they are paid to do. Some new looks would be welcome

  • Author

IMO we need to beat up the Bears O line and beat them up badly and be in Bagents face. Hoping for at least 1 pick. I could get burned but I am starting the Eagles D in this game. Must stop Swift/Monongai

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Hurts running is what we paid him for so it's nice to see that even if it's being forced.

Was watching Foles podcast and they were praising Hurts for not bailing out to soon and actually stepping up in the pocket and delivering a pass….

They were also talking how the timing was off on his first int. I still didn’t like the decision the play wasn’t there to begin with much rather just see that ball thrown away.

But seen lot of open WRs and some good passes from Hurts

Another play I’m torn on was the deep shot to Smitty in the EZ that was underthrown but he still caught(out of bounds).

On the one hand Smitty has earned that trust and damn near made the play but on the other hand a better DB could have easily picked that pass off Smitty damn near had to jump over the CB to even attempt to make the catch

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IMO we need to beat up the Bears O line and beat them up badly and be in Bagents face. Hoping for at least 1 pick. I could get burned but I am starting the Eagles D in this game

The bears bullied us last year upfront definitely need a redemption game. We couldn’t stop the run to save our lives last season. With Caleb out should be able to focus more on stopping the bears ground game

  • Author

BTW I see we brought up Micah Morris. Could be worth a shot trying him at LG. IDK alot about him

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

The bears bullied us last year upfront definitely need a redemption game. We couldn’t stop the run to save our lives last season. With Caleb out should be able to focus more on stopping the bears ground game

I had this game as a loss for us, that was assuming Caleb would play. Bagent isn't horrible, he reminds me some of Jaxon Dart. I'd like to rattle his ego early on LOL. A few hits by the big boys. Nothing crushes your spirit like having Carter fall on you 🤣 Wonder if Grennard is ready yet?

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

BTW I see we brought up Micah Morris. Could be worth a shot trying him at RG. IDK alot about him

Has Steen be bad that we need to even consider replacing him

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

he reminds me some of Jaxon Dart.

Dart was my FF QB tough seeing him go out in that regards…. But at least I have Shough from the Saints and he been on a tear the first two weeks…. Missed 2pt conversion to beat the Lions then upset the ravens last week

Think on FF he has dropped 20+ both weeks

  • Author
1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Has Steen be bad that we need to even consider replacing him

IDK I asked that yesterday. Only response was from Matt who had no video just radio. If his name wasn't mentioned on the telecast I assume he did his job

  • Author
Just now, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Think on FF he has dropped 20+ both weeks

I had Dart on a few teams also, as a BU but he has promise. Just needs to settle down. Him and Scattebo play with reckless abandon

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK I asked that yesterday. Oly response was from Matt who had no video just radio. If his name wasn't mentioned on the telecast I assume he did his job

We like Steen and he seems to be a high effort player seen him trying to chase down Hooker on the first int the effort was there from him. And doesn’t seem to be called out all that often.

Not the strongest run blocker but probably our best interior pass protector

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

I had Dart on a few teams also, as a BU but he has promise. Just needs to settle down. Him and Scattebo play with reckless abandon

Wasn’t even really running yet from what I’ve seen got hit playing from the pocket leading to the knee injury

  • Author
4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Has Steen be bad that we need to even consider replacing him

I misspoke on that and changed my post. I meant try Micah at LG not RG

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.