Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ongoing Eagles New Discussion volume 2

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, DownwithDallas said:

Hurts has been himself average. Without him throwing the two picks in the first place, we should have never had to come from behind.

To be fair to Hurts here I do believe the first int was his fault just all around bad decision. The 2nd int was the OL letting Simmons through and hitting Hurts just enough to effect what should have been a big play if not a TD to Smith.

Going forward I am concerned though Hurts has been a turnover machine when we consistently put the ball in his hands and ask him to throw 30+ times a game.

  • Replies 77.3k
  • Views 1.5m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

One plus is it DID get Hurts to run, which he refused to do last year

Hurts doesn’t want to be a designed runner not sure he ever had issue running when a play breaks down.

  • Author
Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

28 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Hurts doesn’t want to be a designed runner not sure he ever had issue running when a play breaks down.

That's when he rocked before, on broken plays. Was never a fan of designed QB runs

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

That's when he rocked before, on broken plays. Was never a fan of designed QB runs

Has been a huge part of our ground game though especially in the shotgun the fear of Hurts as a runner on the RPOs helped free up Saquon.

Even now I’d like to see us use Hurts on some play action bootleg runs. I’m not super fond of the Read options but if we are in shotgun a lot mixing in a couple here and there helps us as well just enough to keep the defense honest.

Damn MHJ(Marvin Harrison Jr) is again being reported as on the trade block should we consider trading for him?

I mean the idea of MHJ outside and we can decide later if we want Wick/Smith operating out the slot is appealing.

Hard to justify the trade though with the investment we just put in for Lemon

1 minute ago, mattwill said:

No hate towards Cam really just shocked we opted to move him v just playing anyone at LG. Really speaks to the confidence the team has at Jurguens

4 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

Shipley has been looking like a competent NFL player this year. I had to retract every bit of slander i ever said about him prior to last game during the game. Hopefully that continues, i def have no reservations when i see him come in on 3rd downs now. He’s actually being utilized and been effective when asked as well.

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

No hate towards Cam really just shocked we opted to move him v just playing anyone at LG. Really speaks to the confidence the team has at Jurguens

I disagree somewhat. They are so early in the season that they have the luxury of time. I believe (but do not know) that they went into Week one knowing that (1) they were vulnerable at LG because of Dickerson’s health, and (2) they had at least four possible solutions. Week One was the first step of a multi-step experiment, and the goal of that first step was to assess in live action just how bad the problem was, as well as to assess whether Dickerson was a viable possible solution to the problem. Week One’s results were … that it was/is a huge, really bad problem and that Dickerson was/is definitely NOT a possible solution.

Week Two was the one of the many possible solutions that they wanted to test first. Why? My personal opinion is that they felt the most important thing to find out quickly was whether Kendall was a viable option at Center. Putting Kendall at Guard and keeping Jurgens at Center gave them much less useful information on video tape to assess.

I fully expect Week Three to include snaps with other configuration(s) of Center and Left Guard than we have seen thus far. I do expect to see Lampkin get snaps, but I expect those snaps will be at Center rather than at Left Guard. This week may be Jurgens at Center and Kendall at Left Guard, so that they know whether Kendall is a viable option at Guard as well as Center.

4 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Damn MHJ(Marvin Harrison Jr) is again being reported as on the trade block should we consider trading for him?

I mean the idea of MHJ outside and we can decide later if we want Wick/Smith operating out the slot is appealing.

Hard to justify the trade though with the investment we just put in for Lemon

Wait until he is a Free Agent.

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

No hate towards Cam really just shocked we opted to move him v just playing anyone at LG. Really speaks to the confidence the team has at Jurguens

The switch could have been attributed to a long term move expecting to be without Dickerson for awhile. That's the thing that sticks out the most to me for moving two positions.

Good show

11 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i've had season ticket for 50yrs now, so i started when vermeil came to town. i was only 7 at the time, so i don't have a ton of eagles memories prior to his time here, but i do remember how the attitude changed among the fans. there was hope. i still remember sitting on my dad's shoulders at widener that training camp. but unfortunately, they came up short against oakland and never got back and he eventually burned out. that said i do remember my dad and uncles actually thinking campbell was going to do great. the 60 team champion leading the team to their 1st SB. well, that didn't work out all. lol

buddy took the little bit of flames of hope that the fans had left, which campbell didn't completely extinguish yet, and threw gasoline on it. it was amazing until playoff time, but i agree, if randall didn't get hurt in 91, i think they may have at least reached the super bowl.

beyond the erik williams story, ryan said in an interview that he wanted to make a trade for schlereth, but braman said no way.

im like you though, i dont get too wound up this early in the season either way.

The " guy in France" dark days with him as the owner... always felt like Buddy had an extra obstacle having Braman as the owner. He made the players pay for their own socks...lol. Just brutal.

As a fan...those times were great, the rivalries...the physical defense we played... watching Randall make plays etc. But the organization...front office, just brutal.

6 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Has been a huge part of our ground game though especially in the shotgun the fear of Hurts as a runner on the RPOs helped free up Saquon.

Even now I’d like to see us use Hurts on some play action bootleg runs. I’m not super fond of the Read options but if we are in shotgun a lot mixing in a couple here and there helps us as well just enough to keep the defense honest.

I don't think the opponent fears Hurts on any designed run anymore. I don't think the aspect of the QB keeper is any factor to help our run game....not any more.

In fact....the few times he keeps it.... I can't remember the last time he got 5 yards on a designed run. Perhaps his decision making on when to keep it isn't where it once was??

1 hour ago, mattwill said:

I disagree somewhat. They are so early in the season that they have the luxury of time. I believe (but do not know) that they went into Week one knowing that (1) they were vulnerable at LG because of Dickerson’s health, and (2) they had at least four possible solutions. Week One was the first step of a multi-step experiment, and the goal of that first step was to assess in live action just how bad the problem was, as well as to assess whether Dickerson was a viable possible solution to the problem. Week One’s results were … that it was/is a huge, really bad problem and that Dickerson was/is definitely NOT a possible solution.

Week Two was the one of the many possible solutions that they wanted to test first. Why? My personal opinion is that they felt the most important thing to find out quickly was whether Kendall was a viable option at Center. Putting Kendall at Guard and keeping Jurgens at Center gave them much less useful information on video tape to assess.

I fully expect Week Three to include snaps with other configuration(s) of Center and Left Guard than we have seen thus far. I do expect to see Lampkin get snaps, but I expect those snaps will be at Center rather than at Left Guard. This week may be Jurgens at Center and Kendall at Right Guard, so that they know whether Kendall is a viable option at Guard as well as Center.

Right guard?

28 minutes ago, joemas72 said:

Right guard?

Steen

3 hours ago, mattwill said:

Steen

Right...not Kendell

6 hours ago, mattwill said:

Wednesday Night Eagles-Bears Week 3 Game Score Predictions Update - 115 hours until Monday Night Kickoff

20 predictions recorded. 18 are for an Eagles win and 12(highlighted in yellow) are for a Bears win.  The average predicted score is Eagles 24 Bears 17. 24 isn't just the average, 30% of the predictions have the Eagles scoring 24.

Please tag your prediction post with @mattwill. That way I will be sure to see/record it.  Score predictions can also have an optional "Bonus Pick" tiebreaker prediction.  I will be taking predictions right up until Kickoff.

The list of the 20 predictions that are recorded is presented below, sorted high to low by Eagles points predicted. If you don't see your name there, and you have submitted, I must have missed it. Please submit it again.

Screenshot 2026-09-23 at 10.18.00 PM.png

I hate to do it but Bears 23-20

Eagles under 100 yards rushing

7 hours ago, joemas72 said:

The " guy in France" dark days with him as the owner... always felt like Buddy had an extra obstacle having Braman as the owner. He made the players pay for their own socks...lol. Just brutal.

As a fan...those times were great, the rivalries...the physical defense we played... watching Randall make plays etc. But the organization...front office, just brutal.

yeah, so many legendary games, especially within the division. it's a damn shame braman never pulled his head out of his arse long enough to realize he would've killed on his investment in keeping his own and signing other players that wouldve helped them win a sb.

that said, i guess we wouldn't have gotten to lurie if it weren't for braman.

Off to Wyoming for the game on Saturday

I'm glad the Birds play Monday night

  • Author
1 hour ago, Asg 15 said:

Off to Wyoming for the game on Saturday

I'm glad the Birds play Monday night

HF

  • Author

OT- maybe I am wrong, but used to be Thursday games stopped after Thanksgiving??? I was checking the games and now see them through December. I think that is more fair so every team has a short week not just a selected few

14 hours ago, mattwill said:

fully expect Week Three to include snaps with other configuration(s) of Center and Left Guard than we have seen thus far. I do expect to see Lampkin get snaps, but I expect those snaps will be at Center rather than at Left Guard. This week may be Jurgens at Center and Kendall at Left Guard, so that they know whether Kendall is a viable option at Guard as well as Center.

This to me would be the biggest mistake the team could make. Biggest thing for the OL is continuity. Shuffling the OL will only hurt us in the long run.

I’d be shocked if we shuffled the OL again this week little to no value in it. If Kendall struggles the I could see us trying Lampkin or signing a veteran off the street like Becton.

14 hours ago, mattwill said:

Wait until he is a Free Agent.

For what lol it’s either we think he could help the team now make a trade while he is at his cheapest or have no interest in him. MHJ not even a FA until 2028(or 2029 if AZ picks up his option).

And again I don’t think we will have interest but MHJ name is being mentioned already as a trade candidate this season and obviously with Howie we are always attached to any player being traded it seems

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.