EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, DEagle7 said:

Per Kaye if he's out on IR and not the 53 by Saturday's deadline he can't be activated during the year. 

He can stay on PUP though 

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Not seeing it. 17 skill players leaves little room for OL

He said basically complete. We won’t be keeping a fourth TE. 

2 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

They actually fired him

Oh, I thought they just didn’t renew. Either way, I think it’s a stretch to think they go 4 TE’s 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

He said basically complete. We won’t be keeping a fourth TE. 

I know, just saying. 7 WRs seems a bit much too 

24 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I think that's the logical way to go at WR...is Jeffery occupying a spot though?

I have mixed feelings on Clement as the #3 RB.  The last time he was healthy, he just wasn't moving well at all.  Throw in major availability issues...healthy for 15 of 32 games in the last 32 years...and I'm not sure that Clement as the #3 RB behind a limited guy like Scott with no #4 RB on the roster is a sustainable situation.  They'll be adding another RB sooner or later during this season.

He's really good picking up the blitz and blocking it, if I'm not mis-remembering alternate facts and fake blocking news

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Oh, I thought they just didn’t renew. Either way, I think it’s a stretch to think they go 4 TE’s 

I know, just saying. 7 WRs seems a bit much too 

Agreed, Wilson wont make the team. I do see all 7 WRs on the team. Jeffery is the only one I think they are hoping gets trade interest. They still have time to IR him but they might want the option to keep him as a trade option up to the deadline. But I dont see any of the other WRs getting cut. Possibly Watkins hits IR since they kept him out that last week. 

28 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I think that's the logical way to go at WR...is Jeffery occupying a spot though?

I have mixed feelings on Clement as the #3 RB.  The last time he was healthy, he just wasn't moving well at all.  Throw in major availability issues...healthy for 15 of 32 games in the last 32 years...and I'm not sure that Clement as the #3 RB behind a limited guy like Scott with no #4 RB on the roster is a sustainable situation.  They'll be adding another RB sooner or later during this season.

Not worried about it given how many RBs are likely to be FA. A lesser valued position each year that goes by.

5 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Yup. He just can't transition from PUP to IR after cuts.

Yeah, I don’t really get what Kaye was talking about earlier that if he’s ready after week 4 they should put him on the active roster. Is 2020 Jeffery worth the roster spot for maybe 2 games after missing the first 4? Especially with Reagor missing at least 1. Keep him on PUP, let him get some conditioning and bring him back later. Only justification in my mind is if he’s ready for week 3. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yeah, I don’t really get what Kaye was talking about earlier that if he’s ready after week 4 they should put him on the active roster. Is 2020 Jeffery worth the roster spot for maybe 2 games after missing the first 4? Especially with Reagor missing at least 1. Keep him on PUP, let him get some conditioning and bring him back later. Only justification in my mind is if he’s ready for week 3. 

That would be my thought.  That stretch of games (#4-6) would be the 49ers, Steelers, Ravens so I get the attitude of all hands on deck.  I guess it depends on what they think he can contribute.  I'm not super optimistic but relying on 3 rookies Ward and JJAW to fill the spot next to Jackson isn't exactly a proven winning combo either so I won't get too upset either way. I'll just cross my fingers and hope they don't Sproles it by forcing the issue.

56 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I think the last time Clement was actually healthy was SB52. And he pretty much had the best game of his career.

6 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I think the last time Clement was actually healthy was SB52. And he pretty much had the best game of his career.

The 4 games he played in 2019, post 2018 knee injury, before going on IR for his shoulder.  He could barely cut.  

13 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Apparently saving up all their shots on goal.  Flyers goalie - shell shocked.  islanders goalie - bored. Seems the Flyers strategy is to lull the opposing goalie into boredom and then deep into overtime actually take shots. 

9 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

What a huge win.  Saturday is gonna be insane.

They need to let Gritty in the bubble. 

8 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

They need to let Gritty in the bubble. 

COVID is the least concerning communicable disease when Gritty is around...

14 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Way I look at it, the Eagles have a healthy Buckhalter (Boobie) 6’ 217 LBs v 5’ 11” 211 LBs,  Westbrook (Scott) 5’ 10 203 v 5’ 6” 203 (that’s right Scott while four inches shorter weighs the same as Westbrook, the kid is jacked), and Duce (Clements) 5’ 11” 240 v 5’ 10” 220 (alright considerably lighter but same one step slash style of running and a little faster with better hands).  That’s a three headed monster. Fourth and even fifth RB will be injury safeguard. Might as well be PS as active roster because whoever that is will be inactive. 

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

Way I look at it, the Eagles have a healthy Buckhalter (Boobie) 6’ 217 LBs v 5’ 11” 211 LBs,  Westbrook (Scott) 5’ 10 203 v 5’ 6” 203 (that’s right Scott while four inches shorter weighs the same as Westbrook, the kid is jacked), and Duce (Clements) 5’ 11” 240 v 5’ 10” 220 (alright considerably lighter but same one step slash style of running and a little faster with better hands).  That’s a three headed monster. Fourth and even fifth RB will be injury safeguard. Might as well be PS as active roster because whoever that is will be inactive. 

Westbrook is a slightly optimistic comparison for Scott, no?

4 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

COVID is the least concerning communicable disease when Gritty is around...

My daughter, who is now a New Yorker (basically a Yankees fan.  She really doesn’t follow other sports other than soccer), loves Gritty. She wanted me to get on the highway and pick up Gritty when he posted the hitchhiking video. 

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Westbrook is a slightly optimistic comparison for Scott, no?

Westbrook when he was part of the Buck and Duce trio is a fair comparison.  Thing is with Wentz, he doesn’t have to catch balls with his fingertips six inches off the turf like Brian did.  The worms worship Chad but look at Brian like Superman. 

Just now, BigEFly said:

Westbrook when he was part of the Buck and Duce trio is a fair comparison.  Thing is with Wentz, he doesn’t have to catch balls with his fingertips six inches off the turf like Brian did.  The worms worship Chad but look at Brian like Superman. 

I don't think Buck/Westbrook/Duce is a fair comparison at all, but hey, I hope it happens.

Archived