EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Or they have one in mind they might sign that is a FA or could be cut.

Fournette 

Kempski has Ford making the roster over Douglas (a cut) because of Parks injury, he practiced as a gunner on STs and is a vet.  This is a guy who before he went on IR was responsible for three key penalties and has never done much in practice as a S.  Versus Epps, who played third S for half the year last year.  Yes Epps bit on a trick play but otherwise was okay and thus is the only S with experience in this D besides Mills and Rodney.  I just don’t see it.  

I am surprised that Douglas hasn’t been traded.

6 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Bohm with the walk-off SF - he looks like a player.

Harper was prophetic - Phils have won 9 out of 10.

He was 3 for 4 on the game before that I believe as well.

7 minutes ago, greend said:

Did he get cut again?

With Jones as the starter and Fournette signed, not sure I see Tampa keeping Shady as a third back. 

Good thing the Flyers got the Win already with Lindblom coming back... because the coach just handed the Islanders the lead with a PP goal after a stupid challenge.

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

His whole announcement seemed far too ummmm scripted if you ask me.  I follow The Rock on Instagram and he posts workout videos every day....crushing it in the gym.  He also posts very often things about his new liquor.  I'm not saying he didn't have it but the whole "this was the toughest challenge pf my life and I've been broke with no money, torn Achilles tendons and all of my wrestling injuries." speech was a bit much.  It was almost as cringeworthy as Alyssa Milano pulling her hair out.

If it was really that hard on him, his toughest challenge I just can't see how he would be doing half the things he posts about on social media. 

I got the same feeling from Tom Hanks' tweet from back in March. It was way over the top, and the picture posted with it made it seem like COVID is a flesh-eating zombie virus.

11 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Saints putting an "all out blitz” for Clowney now... 

Or its just an agent putting out a BS rumor to get other teams to bite. 

30 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Twitter. 

There used to be a site that had every cut rather than going through feeds.  I can't for the life of me remember it.

5 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Serious question... 

Does anyone know an Islanders fan?? 

Actually yeah. My impression is that they're actually pretty loyal fans, just not in big numbers.  Picture the hockey version of the Bills. Maybe a little less batsheet crazy. 

It's really hard to win a playoff series when you don't have a single defensive pairing that you trust. All 3 pairings have struggled at times; none of them have played at an A level. Sanheim/Myers are both experiencing growing pairs in their first real playoff action. They'll be better for it in the long-term. Sanheim in particular needs to get a lot stronger. 

30 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Actually yeah. My impression is that they're actually pretty loyal fans, just not in big numbers.  Picture the hockey version of the Bills. Maybe a little less batsheet crazy. 

Yeah 3 teams in that area and it’s the number 4 sport. 

Archived