EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

Connecticut Eagle

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Agreed. He’s just way too small. He’s like a couple inches and several pounds smaller than Pumphrey and Jeremy Bloom. I think he needs to keep the speed and get up to 180ish if he wants to last in the league. 

He could develop into a guy like Joe Washington, although he is a little smaller than Joe was.  But, Killins is never going to be a feature back. But, he could be a returner and a 5 play a game type of player.  I think his best chance would be to develop into a receiver/returner.  But, Joe Washington is a pretty similar comparison, although Joe Washington was really durable and a little bigger. Although, I honestly think Joe Washington wasn't as tall or as big as what was listed on his bio.

th?id=OIP._3vALMcQaezW1NI9fB0YZgHaJQ&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Ertz for La'el Collins

No thanks

First I don't want any Cowboys on this roster unless its Lamb since he hasn't had enough time to be tainted. 

Second i would not want to have to play Ertz twice a year. 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I knew someone was going to come with this.  We’ve never been as far over as we will be next year.  Not even close.  He’ll have to do major magic to just get under the cap and we don’t have solid future options at DE, LB, CB, OL on the team currently.   

Let's discuss this.

DE is iffy with Barnett and Sweat as the apparent heirs.  Right now, can't really count on Miller, Toohill, Ostman, or Avery to be more than backups.  Are they "fine" at DE?...probably.  But they need to be better there.  So yeah, they are not "solid" at DE.

LB is irrelevant and CB is an obvious yes, unless Jones has been Clark Kent for three seasons.

OL is where I take exception.  It is a process.  We have an LG.  We tried and are still waiting on the LT of the future.  Are we to have a group of 5 ready to take over immediately?  We have some options for RT.  We've been spoiled with outstanding OL play.  The next group may just be really good.

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Let's discuss this.

DE is iffy with Barnett and Sweat as the apparent heirs.  Right now, can't really count on Miller, Toohill, Ostman, or Avery to be more than backups.  Are they "fine" at DE?...probably.  But they need to be better there.  So yeah, they are not "solid" at DE.

LB is irrelevant and CB is an obvious yes, unless Jones has been Clark Kent for three seasons.

OL is where I take exception.  It is a process.  We have an LG.  We tried and are still waiting on the LT of the future.  Are we to have a group of 5 ready to take over immediately?  We have some options for RT.  We've been spoiled with outstanding OL play.  The next group may just be really good.

Our next draft will probably be like this year's draft, but instead of multiple WRs...it will be multiple OL.  We are getting old up front and there's not enough depth anymore.  Fans might not like a draft full of OL, but it will be necessary.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This will ruffle some blog feathers

Ward was Wentz’s favorite WR target in camp. Sorry, I don’t buy a lot from writers on SBN sites.  Not really experienced reporters.  Basically, wannabes.  

45 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Ward was Wentz’s favorite WR target in camp. Sorry, I don’t buy a lot from writers on SBN sites.  Not really experienced reporters.  Basically, wannabes.  

We watched Greg Ward make plays in meaningful games. If that’s the guy the reporters want to cut, that’s not going to happen. Especially, given the lack of experience at the position.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

That makes little sense as he is eligible off PUP after week six. 

57 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Killins will get claimed. If a player runs a 4.2 and shows explosiveness, a team will take a chance on him as a returner or role player.  I think Holyfield might make it to the PS. 

Did you miss the articles that said the defense was having fun knocking him over.  He’s Booker 2.0. 

Just now, BigEFly said:

Did you miss the articles that said the defense was having fun knocking him over.  He’s Booker 2.0. 

Did you miss my post saying returner/role player? He's not going to get 10 to 20 plays a game right now.  He's a returner/5 play a game type of player right now and his being a rookie means he will probably be mostly STs.

37 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

He could develop into a guy like Joe Washington, although he is a little smaller than Joe was.  But, Killins is never going to be a feature back. But, he could be a returner and a 5 play a game type of player.  I think his best chance would be to develop into a receiver/returner.  But, Joe Washington is a pretty similar comparison, although Joe Washington was really durable and a little bigger. Although, I honestly think Joe Washington wasn't as tall or as big as what was listed on his bio.

th?id=OIP._3vALMcQaezW1NI9fB0YZgHaJQ&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Returner?  They had Marcus Green, who is bigger, apparently can actually run routes and just about as fast and returned a number of kicks all the way in college and they cut him. 

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

The Rock has Covid.  Can’t get in much better shape than him. 

Had*. In his video he said they are recovering and are healthy now, which makes sense considering how in shape he is.

19 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Awesome news in 2020 for a change

Wow.  That is huge!    Forget about the win or the loss, just the fact that he can PLAY tonight is a HUGE WIN already!

3 minutes ago, devpool said:

Had*. In his video he said they are recovering and are healthy now, which makes sense considering how in shape he is.

Not going to be any People’s Ventilator 

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

The Rock has Covid.  Can’t get in much better shape than him. 

His whole announcement seemed far too ummmm scripted if you ask me.  I follow The Rock on Instagram and he posts workout videos every day....crushing it in the gym.  He also posts very often things about his new liquor.  I'm not saying he didn't have it but the whole "this was the toughest challenge pf my life and I've been broke with no money, torn Achilles tendons and all of my wrestling injuries." speech was a bit much.  It was almost as cringeworthy as Alyssa Milano pulling her hair out.

If it was really that hard on him, his toughest challenge I just can't see how he would be doing half the things he posts about on social media. 

11 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

His whole announcement seemed far too ummmm scripted if you ask me.  I follow The Rock on Instagram and he posts workout videos every day....crushing it in the gym.  He also posts very often things about his new liquor.  I'm not saying he didn't have it but the whole "this was the toughest challenge pf my life and I've been broke with no money, torn Achilles tendons and all of my wrestling injuries." speech was a bit much.  It was almost as cringeworthy as Alyssa Milano pulling her hair out.

If it was really that hard on him, his toughest challenge I just can't see how he would be doing half the things he posts about on social media. 

Stop with your skepticism about Covid. You seem to see conspiracy everywhere.  He was talking about his family, including his wife and kids.  I don’t know about you but if that vicious disease got hold of my wife and my adult kids, I would problem react similarly.  That he got it from a close family or friend from a small social contact is something we should take seriously as we approach the Labor Day weekend. Stay safe. Wear a mask, in consideration of your neighbors, and wash your hands. 

Couple of RBs I expect the Eagles to look at if they’re cut are Malcolm Brown and Jaylen Samuels.

Apparently the Steelers really like McFarland and Snell, plus with Conner there, Samuels could be gone. 

Brown could be a cut candidate in a backfield crowded with youth for the Rams.

6 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Stop with your skepticism about Covid. You seem to see conspiracy everywhere.  He was talking about his family, including his wife and kids.  I don’t know about you but if that vicious disease got hold of my wife and my adult kids, I would problem react similarly.  That he got it from a close family or friend from a small social contact is something we should take seriously as we approach the Labor Day weekend. Stay safe. Wear a mask, in consideration of your neighbors, and wash your hands. 

I've never once claimed it was a conspiracy but I think we have every right to be skeptical of the whole situation.  Anything I post I try to back with numbers and reputable link, not just spewing out things.  I'm not ignorant to this either, I do my part in what is asked.  

24 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

His whole announcement seemed far too ummmm scripted if you ask me.  

It’s a guy who became famous saying promos on a live mic, what would you expect

3 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

If he won't resign here for what we are willing to pay we need to get something for him.

It’ll get done

Archived