EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Stumbled upon this stat while reading some fantasy football stuff...

Over the last two seasons, with an average depth of target (aDOT) of 13.6, Ja’Marr Chase was deemed open on 69% of his targets. 65% of those throws were charted as accurate. (Per PFF.)

Over the past two seasons, with an identical aDOT of 13.6 (implying same difficulty of throws), Reagor was charted as open on 73% of his targets. But only 37% of those throws were deemed accurate.

Very cool

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the last two seasons, with an average depth of target (aDOT) of 13.6, Ja’Marr Chase was deemed open on 69% of his targets. 65% of those throws were charted as accurate. (Per PFF.)

Over the past two seasons, with an identical aDOT of 13.6 (implying same difficulty of throws), Reagor was charted as open on 73% of his targets. But only 37% of those throws were deemed accurate.

Yup. Reagors college qb play last year was historically bad

Guest justrelax
9 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Boobie >>> Buck. Scott and platoon Westbrook are about even, developed Westbrook v developed Scott is an unknown. Duce, when he was the lead back >> Clements but their running styles are so similar and Clement is better catching the ball.  2017 Clements >> post lis franc Duce. 

I'm confused. Doesn't Boobie = Buck?

6 minutes ago, greend said:

sure that's what you think I disagree. He did slip (but he's still as good as most in the league) but if he's good enough now to play because he has to, he's good enough to get paid.

He's good enough to likely be better there than Matt Pryor, and he's getting paid more than Pryor... and Dillard for that matter.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  We keep hearing that.   That’s a great reason to draft a WR in the first round.  I’m sure it’ll pay off.   

Not sure where you are going with this statement???. Seems you like to argue just for the sake of arguing.

Good luck with that.

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

He's good enough to likely be better there than Matt Pryor, and he's getting paid more than Pryor... and Dillard for that matter.

Sure, on their rookie contract. Peter's aint no rookie.

13 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’re the one who said "I’ll just work for what we agreed to” and then say we don’t know what they agreed to.  

Isn't that what Peters is saying? If that's wrong wouldn't the Eagles correct him?

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Doesn’t hurt to ask.  But to demand is another story.  Not sure it’s gotten to that point.  Guess we’ll see.  

Maybe we will or maybe a miracle will happen and Pryor will play well enough. I honestly hope that Pryor can play well enough.

13 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Doesn’t hurt to ask.  But to demand is another story.  Not sure it’s gotten to that point.  Guess we’ll see.  

I think the "demand" is the usual Philly media negative spin bs

22 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I feel bad for Reagor's QB.  You basically can't read a single scouting report on Reagor without seeing something to the effect of 'he could probably be really good, but we couldn't really evaluate him since his QB was so hideous."

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

I feel bad for Reagor's QB.  You basically can't read a single scouting report on Reagor without seeing something to the effect of 'he could probably be really good, but we couldn't really evaluate him since his QB was so hideous."

Good thing we had some incredible sophomore tape to use too. 

10 minutes ago, greend said:

Sure, on their rookie contract. Peter's aint no rookie.

Correct... and at his age, likely far far less durable.

32 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Bottom line is he signed on the dotted line to play for the Eagles.  Not to play Guard for the Eagles. They aren’t asking him to play DE or DT.  I don’t know I’ve ever heard those kind of conditions being put into a contract.  Now he’s trying to extort them because of the situation.  

Not sure if the position is specified on the NFL contracts.  If not, then you play for the team wherever they put you in. 

On the other hand, nothing wrong to ask for more knowing full well that OT, LT more specificly, get paid more than OG.  It is negotiation more than extortion.  If the team does not agree to boost the pay, then the ball is back in the player's court to decide what's next.

If the Eagles in fact have any doubts on Dillard as the media narrative wants to push, it only makes sense for them to use Pryor and/or Mailata there this season.  If the position isn't solidified then they will have to address it in the draft.  It's best they find out now.

Hats off to no one suggesting we pick up AP. We have defeated the brain eating virus that was rampant the last few days

3 hours ago, greend said:

President of Company: Hey greend  we know that you've been General manager now for 20 years but we want to try out the new guy on your final year.

greend: um okay

P.O.C.: So were going to let you go and see what happens.

greend: I guess that's your choice to make

Phone rings

greend: Hello

P.O.C. Hey greend the Ops manager just had an accident and he will be out for a year. Can you come back and fill in for him? By the way your pay will be based on his salary not your old one, you know less responsibility.

greend: I guess so, I'm sitting on the couch getting fatter anyways.

2 weeks before the busy season

P.O.C. Hey greend um the new G.M. was also in an accident and he'll be out for a year as well. Can you go back to your old role  but keep getting paid as an ops manager.

greend: No freaking way, in fact I think I would like a bump on my old salary.

Tell me why what I'm doing is wrong?

Everyone has their own perspective.

President of Hospital: Hey E45, you've had a great run here and have made a ton of money over 20 years, but you can't finish surgeries without help, your hands aren't what they used to be, and you pull yourself from the call pool.  It's been a great run, but we are going to look in a different direction and will not renew your contract. 

E45: I guess that's your choice to make.

Phone rings:

E45: hello

POH: Hey, one of our junior guys had an accident and will be out for a year.  His practice is less complex.  You won't make what you did before, but can you come and fill in for a year?

E45: Well, I tried to get a job for more money doing what I used to do, but no one even took me in for an interview.  I'll do it.

*Patient transferring in emergently* 

POH: Hey E45, the guy who was slotted for your old job was also in an accident.  You won't be taking more call or working longer hours, but can you handle your old, more complex practice and help us get this done for the year?.

E45: Sure, pay me more and I'll help out.  Otherwise, forget about it.

Next step: E45 is fired, loses his medical license, and is potentially facing criminal charges.

14 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Correct... and at his age, likely far far less durable.

uh-huh and yet if he's asked to play that position it's because he's better than them. who knows maybe the team isn't planning on asking

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Everyone has their own perspective.

President of Hospital: Hey E45, you've had a great run here and have made a ton of money over 20 years, but you can't finish surgeries without help, your hands aren't what they used to be, and you pull yourself from the call pool.  It's been a great run, but we are going to look in a different direction and will not renew your contract. 

E45: I guess that's your choice to make.

Phone rings:

E45: hello

POH: Hey, one of our junior guys had an accident and will be out for a year.  His practice is less complex.  You won't make what you did before, but can you come and fill in for a year?

E45: Well, I tried to get a job for more money doing what I used to do, but no one even took me in for an interview.  I'll do it.

*Patient transferring in emergently* 

POH: Hey E45, the guy who was slotted for your old job was also in an accident.  You won't be taking more call or working longer hours, but can you handle your old, more complex practice and help us get this done for the year?.

E45: Sure, pay me more and I'll help out.  Otherwise, forget about it.

Next step: E45 is fired, loses his medical license, and is potentially facing criminal charges.

Jason may get "cut" but I doubt it, worse comes to worse he'll play guard. I know he won't go to jail for it. 😆

For @bpac55

Potato? 

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Hats off to no one suggesting we pick up AP. We have defeated the brain eating virus that was rampant the last few days

give it time

someone already made a post in "I want the Eagles to get"

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

give it time

someone already made a post in "I want the Eagles to get"

I like to think of the blog as the New Zealand of the world when it comes to dealing with viruses

I wonder how the fake noise will affect the NFL season. Carson has had difficulty with crowd noise in away games, but at home his hard count is excellent and usually good for a couple of jumps a game (hopefully Peters doesn't move to draw the flag and we can get free plays this year). I'm wondering if the fake noise will allow Carson to flourish more in road games this year. 

Archived