EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give Wentz competent coaching and a consistent roster that's league average (to be fair).

If he had that right now, and still played as badly as he has, there'd be nothing to talk about.  This would all be on his shoulders and would have earned whatever happened to him. 

He's got none of that.  He's got a **** GM, a bumbling coach stumbling all over himself, and a carousel of mediocre players shuffling in and out around him because no one can stay healthy. 

Yeah, I'm not blaming him for this. 

44 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

There are so many things wrong. Guys don't know their assignments. Wentz is locking on to guys.  No accountability. I don't think the coaches are getting through to these guys.

Thing is we dont know how bad Carson really is until we can have Hurts practice and be the starter for several games.  If the offense still looks bad then we know the problems go way beyond just Wentz.  If the offense looks better and scores points then we know Wentz had a hand in them playing poorly.  I'm not gonna say after a half that Hurts is or isnt the answer.  It's not fair to him.  Let him practice all week and be prepared this time.  I honestly dont feel he will do much better and I thought drafting him to begin with was a mistake  but we have to see more of him play to know for sure.

7 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

I do knock Hurts' performance because nobody game planned for him :lol:   Teams have years worth of footage on Wentz, and the knowledge that he's the guy they have to prepare for.  That's night and day and not even debatable. 

The Ravens and Steelers are two of the top defenses in the league.  Especially at the time we were playing them. 

Wentz looks bad and is not getting much right out there.  My argument is that is a result of the complete carnage happening around him that's well out of his control.  When we have to anoint mediocre players like Travis Fulgham as a central playmaker on our offense, you don't think something's wrong there?

Again, Wentz needs help.  And he isn't getting any of it from anyone.  Not the players, not his coaches.  Yes he's playing poorly but who the F is out there helping him?

I mean every game guys are wide open and he doesn't even see them and sometimes he sees them and doesn't even throw it. Go look at Baldy Breakdowns he shows it every week.

I'm not gonna disagree that this roster isn't good, but there are plays to be made and he's missing them. A lot of them. And leads the NFL in turnovers.

They have 3 wins in arguably the worst division in the history of sports and 2 of those wins are from the division. If this is the best Wentz can do and the bar is set that low that he shouldn't even be able to win this division, then I don't think you think as highly of him as you think you do.

Colt McCoy just won a game on the road in Seattle. Even by accident some **** QBs are able to have good games. That's how bad Wentz has been this season. At some point even with the crap around him, if he's truly special, he needs to step up and carry a team for a game. Elite QBs carry teams even when things are crap around them. He's done the opposite, he's gotten worse as the team around him has gotten healthier.

2 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

There are so many things wrong. Guys don't know their assignments. Wentz is locking on to guys.  No accountability. I don't think the coaches are getting through to these guys.

I remember before they were starting one of their drives, Wentz was putting his helmet on and walking onto the field.  Doug starts walking besides him with his play sheet, almost trying to explain something and it seemed like Wentz just totally blew him off.  Their relationship doesnt seem strong at all and that's a big problem.

17 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

This goes back to what i pointed out watching the all 22 last week. Our running backs (Scott in this case) are terrible on pass protection and picking up blitzes this year. It’s noticeable. I would argue it’s been sanders biggest regression from year 1 to this year. I know Duce says it’s not an issue but there’s many instances saying otherwise for both sanders and Scott 

27 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

I do knock Hurts' performance because nobody game planned for him :lol:   Teams have years worth of footage on Wentz, and the knowledge that he's the guy they have to prepare for.  That's night and day and not even debatable. 

I can’t predict that Hurts is the future. But you do realize that’s the first quarter and some change he had to play in the NFL right? Before it was 1-2 plays a game of that. Is it not possible he can get better too? And he still looked better than Carson tonight. 

Only 32 men in the world can claim to be a team’s starting QB in the NFL. Not sure if Hurts has it (I’d like to see), but I also am worried that Carson doesn’t have it anymore. 

17 minutes ago, BGDutchNorris said:

I can’t predict that Hurts is the future. But you do realize that’s the first quarter and some change he had to play in the NFL right? Before it was 1-2 plays a game of that. Is it not possible he can get better too? And he still looked better than Carson tonight. 

I think he would get better if he plays I think that’s obvious.

However I don’t think that’s gonna be next week. I think the Saints have the best defense in the entire NFL. Watching their games over the last seven weeks since their bye they’ve been absolutely destroying teams lately. Over the last five weeks they given up two touchdowns in five weeks. I get they played the Broncos with no quarterback but if you take that game out they’re only giving up 10 points per game and the other four games they played over the last five. In the last seven they’re only giving up 13 points. Heck they held Tom Brady to three points with the weapons he has and a good offensive line

You’re asking a lot of a rookie quarterback to go and play arguably the best defense in the league over the last seven weeks and definitely the best defense over the last five weeks that’s giving up 8.8 points per game. I’m not sure with our offensive line being what it is and their defense playing the way it is I want to send a rookie out there so they can get destroyed. I don’t think that helps hurts. I think the following week is when you really want to get him the start because Arizona has no pass rush since chandler jones got hurt. 

go look at Justin Herbert today against New England. When you have experience defensive coaches in a very good defense and you’re a rookie you’re likely going to struggle. And Justin Herbert got beat up in that game. i don’t think you want to do that to your rookie qb. I wouldn’t want to destroy two QBs. 

19 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

be true

Wouldn’t be surprising. A couple weeks ago I said I wouldn’t be shocked if doug walked away before he got fired. I didn’t believe all 3 would make it to 2022. Frankly I think he’s ticked off at the front office for making a fire coaches.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the front office were the ones that pushed on him to give press Taylor the opportunity to call plays and he’s mad about that too. 

I don’t think anyone asked Doug about not going for a Hail Mary at the end of the first half. That’s still annoying. 

34 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

be true

Who is Luke Stansfield? Sounds like another unsubstantiated rumor.

34 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

be true

1. Paul Domowitch was the one who wrote that, not BGN.

2. Who the F is this goof?

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I believe he works for 4th and Jawn

6 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Guy is a nobody who works with 4th and jawn, pretty much a poor man's BGN. 

https://overthecap.com/the-eagles-options-with-carson-wentz/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Not sure if that link's been cited here yet, but this is the OTC guy going over all possible Wentz options.

Says the Eagles could get a 3rd plus a conditional pick for Wentz this off-season. If a strong market somehow develops, who knows.

3 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

I’m still upset at this throw. 

13 hours ago, downundermike said:

@In2football

Eagles 24

Pack 21

I thought we could have easily lost this game. You guys had a couple bad calls on you which I thought we got favored with. We still almost blew a huge lead. The Titans will be a huge test, I don’t think we can beat them but that will be a measuring stick to see how good we really are.

3 minutes ago, MrGreenBay said:

I thought we could have easily lost this game. You guys had a couple bad calls on you which I thought we got favored with. We still almost blew a huge lead. The Titans will be a huge test, I don’t think we can beat them but that will be a measuring stick to see how good we really are.

I don’t know the Titans defense is awful. It’s been their problem all year. It’s why the Jaguars manage to score 30 against them. It just feels like every time the Titans play a good team besides the bills were they had like 2 1/2 weeks to prepare they’ve just gotten destroyed on defense. Baker Mayfield was able to put up 41 points against them. They had no answers for anything the Browns did in that first half

Archived