EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Lane and Brooks are coming off two serious injuries and this is Brooks' second major leg injury. They need to address the OL early and often.  If the OL is good, then everything else looks better from QB, WR, running game, etc.

Maybe in later rounds or a trade back. I’m not taking a guard around top 5. 

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Rewatching... he does have a nice burst from about the 40 to 40.  Then, starts putting moves on the punter.   

4 minutes ago, In2football said:

Copies of the pictures Howie Roseman has in his desk that allow him to still have a job.

That’s like the holy grail for unlimited power. Thank you! 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

There's no debate about that.  Not even close to a comparison.

I think there's a lot of merit to @ManuManu's suggestion that Reagor is thinking about stuff too much.  Which will always slow you down.  But, his routes do look very sloppy and that can only be fixed in the offseason.  I hope the Eagles get him a WR coach to work with during the offseason to work on these things.

Yeah I agree with Manu. I  I think that’s part of the reason you aren’t seeing him play at his top speed. If you are over thinking out there you play slower. The game likely slows down for him at some point. I’m guessing if we have normal off-season activities this year that heading into next year he looks a lot better than what he has so far this year. I also don’t think the injuries and time away really helped him because those are just reps and snaps that he didn’t get. And he’s already behind the ball because we didn’t have a normal off-season and he wasn’t as polished to begin with. 

3 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Pretty Much sums it up

Right, so the organization failed him because he's more mentally fragile than a JV QB. Laughable excuse.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That’s like the holy grail for unlimited power. Thank you! 

image.gif.fcc8c1ac9ce0289314285477d80f865e.gif

12 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Lane and Brooks are coming off two serious injuries and this is Brooks' second major leg injury. They need to address the OL early and often.  If the OL is good, then everything else looks better from QB, WR, running game, etc.

Yup. Seumalo got abused yesterday, though the holding call on him was pretty ticky tac.

Lane is recovering from a " collapsed" ankle, that sounds scary, makes one wonder how good he can be going forward.

Brooks is of course coming off another serious leg injury.

Kelce will be another year older and hasn't looked as good as in years past.

Dillard who knows??? He obviously can't play RT he looked ok at LT as a rookie then got hurt but if he's at LT do you move Mailata to the bench when Mailata has looked better?

Herbig reminds me a lot of MJG, just a big fat immobile slob. MJG was pretty good in pass pro because he was tough to move but as a run blocker or on screens he wasnt much more than a speed bump as he just couldn't move forward or laterally. I like Herbig as a back up but as a starter he just isn't functional enough to be able to run a full playbook.

Pryor I imagine will be gone, he's hot garbage, that the coaches were even entertaining lining him up at LT instead of Mailata shows you how horrible the roster evaluation has been this year.

This off season either way will be Interesting lots of questions going forward, hopefully someone has the answers.

2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Right, so the organization failed him because he's more mentally fragile than a JV QB. Laughable excuse.

LOL- no, it's about putting a really old, bad team around him, or NOT putting a good team around him. 

I know it takes critical think to consider the TEAM concept

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Maybe in later rounds or a trade back. I’m not taking a guard around top 5. 

In a perfect world I would draft WR in round 1, CB in round 2, a real-life LB in round 3, then the remaining draft picks on offense.

Where the Eagles are sitting right now at pick #5 or 6, it will be Chase or Parsons staring them in the face with their pick.  If they’re drafting #4 it would be interesting if anyone would want to trade up to take a QB 

1 hour ago, schuy7 said:

No because he drops the punt too often and doesn't field it other times.

Are you talking about Greg Ward?   I'm confused...

1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

LOL- no, it's about putting a really old, bad team around him, or NOT putting a good team around him. 

I know it takes critical think to consider the TEAM concept

The big three for the eagles 

expensive

old

not very good

trifecta of how you find yourself in the top 10

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I would actually cross train one of them so that if lane Johnson’s body continue to deteriorate and he isn’t able to play at the level we’ve grown a custom to that you may have his potential replacement on the roster. I love Lane and his contract makes it so he’s here likely through 2022 but I’m not sure how much he has left in that body. It’s been eight years in the league. And last three seasons he’s had injuries. I’m hoping this surgery fixes the major problem that he has had. But I don’t think it’s a given you could just rely on him to be what he was three or four years ago. I’d like to see if mailata wins and seizes the LT job they cross train dillard 

I think Mailata in that scenario would be more likely to move to RT as when he played RT earlier he looked ok where as dillard at RT though under short notice was a disaster.

I can't see johnson playing all 16 games in a season again, that ankle is chronic and has been for a few seasons now.

17 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

if sproles hadn't retired and was out on the market, i would bet a fortune this f.o. would somehow convince themselves he would be the answer to the running game woes.  howie would pay him something exorbitant to make sure we cannot get away from it for another year or two without destroying our cap.

somehow this f.o. cannot seem to let go of a player's past accomplishments and see them for what they are today..  a shell with the nameplate of a once elite player on the back of their jersey.  

Lol I was actually just thinking this yesterday.

I thought why hasn't howie tried to bring back sproles, cuz howie is that stupid.

I've never been a fan of Howie as a talent evaluator, I always appreciated his ability to make unseemly trades and manage the cap but since 2017 he's been horrible at both those as well.

I imagine if howie is retained past this year that this team and roster will continue to struggle as howie bumbles through another off season making mistake after mistakes to the roster.

1 minute ago, Saltpeter said:

I think Jalen Hurts breathes enough life into this team to screw up these top 5 dreams you all are having lol

That cardinals game intriguing. The Cardinals are not playing well. I actually think the giants beat them this weekend in the meadowlands. They are flying to the east coast and they tend to struggle when they play early games. You’d think they’d beat the eagles as they are a better roster but they are struggling over the last 5 weeks. Would have a 5 game losing streak if not for a Hail Mary. Giants might actually get to 7 wins. 

Frankly if the eagles lose to the Cardinals i only see dallas as the obstacle between a top 5 pick. Either way i think they land top 10. I don’t see is beating Washington or Saints.  

15 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Cant throw interceptions,  if you dont throw it  LOL

He has also been sacked 25 times, Wentz has been sacked 31.

I wonder if Seattle fans are trying to run him out of town.

11 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup. Seumalo got abused yesterday, though the holding call on him was pretty ticky tac.

Lane is recovering from a " collapsed" ankle, that sounds scary, makes one wonder how good he can be going forward.

Brooks is of course coming off another serious leg injury.

Kelce will be another year older and hasn't looked as good as in years past.

Dillard who knows??? He obviously can't play RT he looked ok at LT as a rookie then got hurt but if he's at LT do you move Mailata to the bench when Mailata has looked better?

Herbig reminds me a lot of MJG, just a big fat immobile slob. MJG was pretty good in pass pro because he was tough to move but as a run blocker or on screens he wasnt much more than a speed bump as he just couldn't move forward or laterally. I like Herbig as a back up but as a starter he just isn't functional enough to be able to run a full playbook.

Pryor I imagine will be gone, he's hot garbage, that the coaches were even entertaining lining him up at LT instead of Mailata shows you how horrible the roster evaluation has been this year.

This off season either way will be Interesting lots of questions going forward, hopefully someone has the answers.

You are selling Herbig short.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I don’t know if anybody watched the Giants/Seahawks game yesterday but I want to say late in the fourth quarter you could see how frustrated he was with the offensive line. I wanna say their starting guard or tackle left the game and the replacement was atrocious. Like Matt pryor atrocious. 

I feel like the Seahawks have always had a less than stellar offensive line since they made that Jimmy Graham trade. Just never built it back up after trading away unger. 

6 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

I think Jalen Hurts breathes enough life into this team to screw up these top 5 dreams you all are having lol

It could happen, But I think there will only be a marginal improvement in the offense, that comes primarily from him bailing out of the pocket early and using his legs. His inexperience will offset much of that with mistakes, turnovers etc. The rest of the team being really bad will still prevent us from winning. Teams will just not take the foot off the gas as soon.  

It would take a rare talent to make up for all that is wrong with our team. Now Peters being out will help, If Alshon sits, that may also help. 

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He also has Metcalf to throw to. :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, devpool said:

F Andre Dillard, Mailata needs to be the LT of the future. Train Dillard at RT over the off-season or trade him. 

Actually Dillard could be your backup. As we have found out, cant have too many good Olineman

If Doug walks away or is let go after the season, what is the likelihood the Eagles interview Jim Schwartz for head coach?  He obviously wants another gig; he interviewed with CLE

Just now, Alphagrand said:

If Doug walks away or is let go after the season, what is the likelihood the Eagles interview Jim Schwartz for head coach?  He obviously wants another gig; he interviewed with CLE

image.gif.6f3b16a218200151b9f348458034aa6c.gif

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

ZERO chance for SEVERAL reasons

Archived