Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

Anyone watching NFL Live? Orlovsky thinks Wentz is in MVP convo next season lol

On a side note, Mina Kimes talking football with Minnie Mouse ears on....hot! 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well look I don't disagree with you there either. I want the Eagles to find their long term guy. I want them to rebuild this team and hopefully build an exciting roster. But Carson wasn't the long term answer either. Now I know you disagree with that and that's fine bud. 

My gripe is moving on from a QB (wile eating the hit) when you don't have one ready.  I don't like the trade, but I have been saying for a month that it is going to happen.  Now, the 4 game argument is in full effect around here, but I watched Hurts some at Alabama and alot at OU and he does not have and NFL skill set, even though he worked with the best staffs in college football. 

My other gripe is that Howie remains.  

5 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

do you really think either of them have the balls to conduct a press conference now??  LMFAO

Honestly, I think one or both of them is so full of themselves that they will and give some predictable, rambling answer. 

As bad as the media is in Philly, they should tee them up like a golf ball for Happy Gilmore.

sandler-gif.gif

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

My gripe is moving on from a QB (wile eating the hit) when you don't have one ready.  I don't like the trade, but I have been saying for a month that it is going to happen.  Now, the 4 game argument is in full effect around here, but I watched Hurts some at Alabama and alot at OU and he does not have and NFL skill set, even though he worked with the best staffs in college football. 

My other gripe is that Howie remains.  

But they don't necessarily need the QB in place now. This isn't a good roster, this isn't a team who can contend or even win a play off game in all likelihood. They do eat a lot of dead cap but they move on from a QB who wasn't the answer and who was going to hit the cap for years to come. 

The issue though is that Howie remains to oversee this rebuild. 

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I wouldn't go as far to say everyone got what they wanted. Plenty of Eagles fans wanted Carson to turn things around in Philly. 

Some fans might have wanted that, but clearly Carson didn’t want that, but you’re right. Everyone didn’t get what they wanted. Still what does Carson coming back do? Do we really need another year of them blaming everyone for Carson’s struggles? They have been beating that drum since 2018. 😂

11 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Not sure what your point is, but thanks for participating.

I'm dissapointed...wasn't that hard to read into 🙃

With Wentz's caliber of play and effort he put into this past season, it was pretty much a wash. 

You could have put a dead fish under center for the first 12 games and got better results. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Wait until they start pulling their hair out watching Wentz hold the ball for an enternity before finally being sacked. 

I do not think that Reich will allow that. Indy has a good offensive line and some decent runners. With a strong offensive line and a good running game.. Wentz has nowhere to go but up from 2020. It kind of sucks the value that we got for him..but considering all the alternatives..this is all he was worth. I am excited that the Wentz situation is resolved.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Some fans might have wanted that, but clearly Carson didn’t want that, but you’re right. Everyone didn’t get what they wanted. Still what does Carson coming back do? Do we really need another year of them blaming everyone for Carson’s struggles? They have been beating that drum since 2018. 😂

Oh again I don't disagree. You know where I was at with Wentz. Bringing him back was not going to work. But the mess was created by Howie and that's the biggest issue here. 

Im so confused by this whole roller coaster...i went from watching Wentz comparing him to a Montana/Young clone and excited that we had our guy for the next 10 years to watching him last year and thinking oh my god this guy can't even get out of his own way!

1 minute ago, Birdman said:

I'm dissapointed...wasn't that hard to read into 🙃

With Wentz's caliber of play and effort he put into this past season, it was pretty much a wash. 

You could have put a dead fish under center for the first 12 games and got better results. 

Really?  How'd Mahomes do in the Super Bowl missing his two tackles even with all of those weapons?  Right?  Meanwhile, with none of those weapons and missing the whole f'ing offensive line....everyone is harping on Wentz?  We as Eagles fans deserve what Howie is doing to this team.  I'm going to be laughing my ass off when Wentz goes to Indy and kills it.

3 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Im so confused by this whole roller coaster...i went from watching Wentz comparing him to a Montana/Young clone and excited that we had our guy for the next 10 years to watching him last year and thinking oh my god this guy can't even get out of his own way!

And when he returns to form with the Colts, you will see where the problem is.

Just now, NYEagle said:

Really?  How'd Mahomes do in the Super Bowl missing his two tackles even with all of those weapons?  Right?  Meanwhile, with none of those weapons and missing the whole f'ing offensive line....everyone is harping on Wentz?  We as Eagles fans deserve what Howie is doing to this team.  I'm going to be laughing my ass off when Wentz goes to Indy and kills it.

Mahommes would have been fine if he had 10 working toes.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh again I don't disagree. You know where I was at with Wentz. Bringing him back was not going to work. But the mess was created by Howie and that's the biggest issue here. 

Right on.  The issue is Howie.  It is the culture of the organization.  That Brandt tweet hit the nail on the head.   Whether you wanted him to stay or not, this is a failure on every level.  We should never be at this point, jettisoning an investment, and eating the cap.  

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Just a little too late...

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Howie is by far the biggest issue here and that’s why it’s concerning we have to rely on him to fix this mess. 

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Right on.  The issue is Howie.  It is the culture of the organization.  That Brandt tweet hit the nail on the head.   Whether you wanted him to stay or not, this is a failure on every level.  We should never be at this point, jettisoning an investment, and eating the cap.  

Howie is an illegitimate child of the owner....and as long as Jeff owns the team...we are Jerry Jonesed. Let's just enjoy some peace before the draft.

7 minutes ago, Birdman said:

You could have put a dead fish under center for the first 12 games and got better results

I guess we are about to find out cause that is what we got now. 

22 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Sorry bud. I can't get excited about losing my franchise QB and getting a measly third this year. Howie got taken to the cleaners. 

The Eagles did well, you guys gotta remember, there was film on Wentz.

I'll go back to the NDSU student that told the story before Wentz became an Eagle, dude said "his accuracy is up and down....just wait, you'll see".  Good thing Reich didn't read that post.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie is by far the biggest issue here and that’s why it’s concerning we have to rely on him to fix this mess. 

That's why I wouldn't trade down one spot from #6.   It's almost Howie-proof right there.

Jalen Hurts first season as a starter with no training camp: 1064 yrds passing, 6tds and 4 picks, with 354 yrds rushing and 3 tds.

Hurts had better stats than a lot of other great QBs on their first season with training camp.

Eagle fans: He sucks,:roll:

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yes and No, i think Frank will do a better job of protecting Wentz's weaknesses but at the same time, his accuracy was all over the place and there were times he couldn't outrun a 330lb off balance tackle in the backfield. That's not coaching..

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

That's why I wouldn't trade down one spot from #6.   It's almost Howie-proof right there.

I agree. I do not want them to trade down. I don’t want to see them try and be cute here. Get the best talent at 6, but Howie even scared me there too. 😂

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

The Bears apparently never made an offer.  Despite all the media rumors even naming players in the guesses.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30923798/sources-philadelphia-eagles-trade-qb-carson-wentz-indianapolis-colts-two-draft-picks

I dont believe this for one second. Bears were in on Wentz wouldve made the better offer but Carson wouldve said I aint going there.

Archived