Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

2 hours ago, Kz! said:

Meh, our track-record of dumping QBs has been really good in recent years. Got a nice return on Kevin Kolb and AJ Feeley for them to go on to be mediocre at best elsewhere. Cut ties with and got a nice return on McNabb when we shipped him to Washington. This one definitely has more potential to come back and bite us than those did, though.

I was more so referring to how the guys we let go in 2020 started balling out in their newly respective teams (Douglas, Jones, Darby, et al).

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Probably still hurts fault though according to you 

I once told him he probably touched himself because we lost a game with hurts starting and he reported me for sexual harassment. 🤣

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

See that’s the difference between a GM who has leverage and knows what he’s doing compared to a totally incompetent GM. Ballard is one of the best. This is a no lose situation for Indy. If Wentz sucks or gets hurt, they keep their first. If he plays 75% of the plays he’s obviously having success so who cares about giving up a future 1st. 

so you're saying I was right? Ballard gave up a potential 1. He blinked. 

28 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Now watch Indy sign Foles in free agency to backup Wentz!  :lol:

They do have a need with Rivers retiring and Brissett’s contract running out.  

With Wentz's fragile ego colts might be better off without a backup...

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

I didn't realize last year was his only year in the league. 

OK, fine.  I'm saying he hasn't been the same guy since he was hurt in 2017.

He played 11 games in 2018 and was statistically only better than Joe Flacco, Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariota and Alex Smith.  23rd ranked starter.

He bounced back in a bit in 2019 and was the 11th ranked starter.  I think we'd all be happy with those kinds of numbers.

Then he laid another turd in 2020 and was terrible again.  

30 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

3? more like 10 if we dont somehow get lucky to find another franchise qb. Sure we will have a winning season or two here or there, but we wont be a serious contender for SB until we get another franchise qb, and if Howie is running the team, that aint happening. You see what he did to the one he actually got ahold of right? 

Look at the QB carousel this year.  We'll see if Hurts is the real deal.  I'm not sold yet.  If not, there are multiple ways to  get a good QB onto the roster.  An elite QB is a different story.

So we got rid of Doug to get Frank Reich Jr and still traded Carson?  Ok then.  He will always be remembered for 2017.  It was up and down overall and he did show a lot of potential.  Seemed to not be the same after the injuries and Nick's success always loomed large over him.   I wish Carson luck in Indy but sadly this just didn't work out.   

12 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

complete and utter failure by this front office. 

They got what will likely be a first round pick, plus a third for an average QB. That’s a great return. 

7 minutes ago, Procus said:

Look at the QB carousel this year.  We'll see if Hurts is the real deal.  I'm not sold yet.  If not, there are multiple ways to  get a good QB onto the roster.  An elite QB is a different story.

I’m not sold on Hurts yet either, but I’m also not going to proclaim that he’s not the future like some. Need to see more of him. 

36 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

At least Colts fans are having a good day I guess. 

bought your jersey yet? 

3 minutes ago, Birdman said:

bought your jersey yet? 

Why does he have to be a Colts fan ??  Because he is pointing out the Eagles front office has sabotaged this franchise for the foreseeable future.

1 minute ago, Birdman said:

bought your jersey yet? 

Why would I? I'm not a Colts fan. If I was I'd be whooping it up after pantsing Howie instead of angry and upset like I am now. See the difference?

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Lol this dude Victor Williams is such a moron. Five minutes after the trade, Lou Riddick on ESPN is basically calling Carson a headcase. You guys are like cult members sometimes with this guy, I swear

2 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Lol this dude Victor Williams is such a moron. Five minutes after the trade, Lou Riddick on ESPN is basically calling Carson a headcase. You guys are like cult members sometimes with this guy, I swear

Vegas has moved the Colts odds to win the Super Bowl, and Wentz for MVP.  Vegas knows, I will trust them.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Why does he have to be a Colts fan ??  Because he is pointing out the Eagles front office has sabotaged this franchise for the foreseeable future.

There are probably going to be many occasions in the next few years we wish we were. But oh well. I'll stay on my ship even though it's taking on more and more water. 

13 minutes ago, nipples said:

They got what will likely be a first round pick, plus a third for an average QB. That’s a great return. 

I’m rooting for Carson to play well, stay healthy, and the Colts to win no more than seven games. The only thing better than a 2022 first round pick would be a good 2022 first round pick. 

46 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

I am very happy that Wentz's situation is resolved. It is time to move on and build a team. Let's release some old players and get fiscally under control. Let's draft some new players that hopefully will contribute to the team.

There are some veterans with cap impact that means they can't cut or trade right now.  Howie kicked the can down the road so much and this year the ish hits the fan.

13 minutes ago, nipples said:

if you have to trade your franchise QB this early on that you invested so much in, its a failure. even if they do end up with a first the way the front office have ran this team and handled this situation over the last couple of years is a failure. 

complete and utter failure. this front office is a clown show. 

Eagles fans: Carson is the worse QB in the league and a big whiny cry baby can't wait till he is gone he will never be any good!

Also eagles fans: only a 3rd and maybe a 1st!? Howie sucks! He got screwed Carson is way better then that! 

3 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

I guess the Wentzamaniacs want another year of blaming everyone but Carson for the failings of this team 4 years running. Of course most of these dopes refused to believe Carson wanted out, because he didn’t say it. At the same time the we happy he didn’t speak. I guess they really didn’t want to hear the truth. 

Archived