Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

The value is really just in getting rid of that albatross of a contract.  We weren't forced to give up high picks like the Rams did to get rid of Goff's contract or Houston did to get rid of Osweiler's.  

Like almost everybody I thought that contract was a good idea at that time. Even made fun of the Cowboys not getting it done like we did.

Feels unfair to blame Roseman now for it to me. Not in my wildest dreams did I see Wentz going downhill like that.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, NOTW said:

If you believe one aspect of the story (who knows what to believe):  Doug wanted Wentz and was forced to bench him by Lurie and Howie.  And then part of why Doug was fired was he didn't want to go with Hurts.

There's another story that's the opposite so who knows.

All we can go on is the facts really. A few weeks before Doug benched Wentz he said the benching Wentz would be like conceding the season. Then he benched Wentz. A month later he was fired. Today Wentz was traded. Howie stands alone. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

The only drama will be in Philadelphia when the Colts are winning games and the Eagles are last in the NFC east.

That was potentially happening no matter where Carson is. 

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I don't give a crap if Hurts gets a fair shot or not.   I want the Eagles to put the best QB on the field.  If that is draft, trade, FA, or Hurts, I do not care.

Hurts, #6, Colts conditional first next year, and the Colts third this year for Deshaun Watson. 🤣

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

My gripe is moving on from a QB (wile eating the hit) when you don't have one ready.  I don't like the trade, but I have been saying for a month that it is going to happen.  Now, the 4 game argument is in full effect around here, but I watched Hurts some at Alabama and alot at OU and he does not have and NFL skill set, even though he worked with the best staffs in college football. 

My other gripe is that Howie remains.  

Dude was second in Heisman voting at OU. And won the SEC championship the year before. His pedigree >>>>>>>>>>>> Wentz in college. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

They need to stockpile picks to fix the team going forward.  Drafting a stud at 6 is not going to do anything for next year, and probably the year after.  Need quantity over quality right now.

If you can move down to 10 and pick up a 2nd or 3rd, you do it in a second.

I normally am all about trading down for value, but I feel there’s less of a chance of Howie F’ing up #6 than I do say, a #12 from the Niners (scenario is 6 for 12 and 43).  

Here's how I foresee the first 5 happening barring any trades:

1- JAX Lawrence: duh

2- NYJ Wilson: Saleh decides he wants to start with "his" guy and gets an ok return for Darnold.

3- MIA Smith: reunite Tua with his Bama weapon.  They desperately need a playmaker on the outside, and recency bias plus QB familiarity has them go Smith over Chase.

4- ATL Fields: goes back to GA and sits behind Matty Ice for a year as the heir apparent for the dirty birds.

5- CIN Sewell: HUGE no brainer for Cincy.  Protecting the franchise player is need 1A and 1B for this team.

In my opinion, that leaves the Birds with 3 potential studs at P6:

Ja'marr Chase WR LSU

Kyle Pitts WEAPON Florida

Micah Parsons LB PSU

Now I am happy with any of those 3. Move down into 12 and there’s way more opinions about who BPA is, where Howie would wind up taking a Rousseau, Slater, etc. who while good are not blue chippers like the 3 I mentioned. 

1 hour ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Pre ACL was on a whole different level than after. 

Agreed. 

54 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

They aren't. 

damn son, do I need to send a crisis counselor to your house?  Relax Eeyore.

33 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

To all the people screeching "wHaT a HoRriBlE dEaL!!!!", if no one else was offering anything better, what were the Eagles supposed to do, sit on his discontent and that ginormous contract? Cut him and get nothing? Force him to play when he doesn't want to be here and let the locker room become even more of a cancerous atmosphere?

By now everybody in the league knows he doesn't want to be here and the Eagles are collapsing under the weight of that contract. The longer they waited, the deals were only going to get worse, not better. Lots of free agent QBs on the market this year.

Freaking TATErs...

Fire Roseman and actually start fresh instead of aiding with Roseman and trading Wentz. 

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Sorry bud. I can't get excited about losing my franchise QB and getting a measly third this year. Howie got taken to the cleaners. 

Pretty much this...I would have rather just kept wentz and see if the new coaches etc could fix him over a measly 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Dude was second in Heisman voting at OU. And won the SEC championship the year before. His pedigree>>>>>>>>>>>>Wentz in college

I'm sorry is this college? Tebow has one of those Heismans. So does Manziel. 

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

damn son, do I need to send a crisis counselor to your house?  Relax Eeyore.

Shrugs. I do not like Hurts. Wentz here or not here doesn't change that. He isn't a real QB. 

5 minutes ago, Swimm said:

Pretty much this...I would have rather just kept wentz and see if the new coaches etc could fix him over a measly 3rd. 

Why is everyone saying "just a 3rd?” It’s at minimum a 2nd and a 3rd, and most likely a 1st and a 3rd. 

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I'm sorry is this college? Tebow has one of those Heismans. So does Manziel. 

People have been talking about Carson like he had some amazing college resume coming out, and that Hurts sucked in college. Both are false. Kind of hard to compare NFL resumes since one has had 4 seasons and one had 4 games. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Shrugs. I do not like Hurts. 

We know!  🤣

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Just checking:  are the same people who called Wentz a bum, attacked his character and wanted him out of town...also complaining they didn't get enough compensation for him?

:wacko:

Well... I think he was terrible last year, wanted him gone and think Hurts is better. 

I also think he can be successful with the Colts (but not here) and should be worth something.

So yeah, in a way I guess? 😄

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Apparently some don't. 

You probably have 30-40 of the replies in this thread if not more and most of them espouse how much Hurts sucks based off a stellar college career and 4 pro games. We get it, trust me. And look, he may suck. Nice thing is we have draft capital to bring in a blue chip top of R1 QB prospect either this year or next if they’re not sold on him. This year and next are rebuild years no matter who is QB’ing the team. 

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

You probably have 30-40 of the replies in this thread if not more and most of them espouse how much Hurts sucks based off a stellar college career and 4 pro games. We get it, trust me. And look, he may suck. Nice thing is we have draft capital to bring in a blue chip top of R1 QB prospect either this year or next if they’re not sold on him. This year and next are rebuild years no matter who is QB’ing the team. 

Bingo! On top of that if Carson were still here his cap number just keeps escalating and the team still muddles around 7-9 wins and goes nowhere. Now they’re in a position to have future cap space and draft capital. By 2022 this team could be ready to make another big push. 

4 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Trey Lancezzzz

Honestly I wouldn’t be upset about bringing in Kyle Trask later in the draft. Let the best one win. 

3 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

The entire NFL told everyone what Wentz' value is in a trade. His value is a 3rd and a conditional 2nd that likely will be a late 1st round pick in 2022. That's his value. If it were more, multiple teams would've offered more. They didn't because they concluded he's not worth more.

Maybe this is only true in 2021 though. Where QBs aren't just traded to the highest bidder anymore. 

If that rumor was true... who knows anymore.

3 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

The entire NFL told everyone what Wentz' value is in a trade. His value is a 3rd and a conditional 2nd that likely will be a late 1st round pick in 2022. That's his value. If it were more, multiple teams would've offered more. They didn't because they concluded he's not worth more.

Well, a big factor in his value is the insane contract.  If he didn’t carry that, you’d have had multiple offers for sure.  

Whoever said you can’t make chicken salad out of chicken 💩 never saw Howie make a trade.

Of course, Howie also creates the 💩 sandwich.

3 minutes ago, DBW said:

Well, a big factor in his value is the insane contract.  If he didn’t carry that, you’d have had multiple offers for sure.  

Bad contract to go with a bad season, shaky mechanics, allegedly unwilling to go anywhere but to the Colts can kill any real draft capital. 

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Bad contract to go with a bad season, shaky mechanics, allegedly unwilling to go anywhere but to the Colts can kill any real draft capital. 

Throw in the reports of gross insubordination (purposely calling out of plays Doug would call merely out of spite), it was a hard sell.  

3 hours ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

I got my D batteries ready when the Colts come to the Linc. 

My daughters crack up when I mention "Break out the D batteries!!"

4 hours ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

I got my D batteries ready when the Colts come to the Linc. 

They don't come back til 2026. I'd bet Wentz is gone by then.

Some of these media takes are hilarious. So basically the media makes everything up unless they echo what you believe to be true? This is why the country is so F'd right now.

Hey, at least if Wentz plays well next year, we'll finally be able to see the Wentz we signed up for again.

Archived