Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

We need Carson to play at least 12 full games to get a 1st. 

We need the Colts to suck so the 1st is higher.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Birdman said:

Obviously he is, because he's going to be your 2021 starting QB 

That's yet to be seen. How you know they aren't going QB at 6?

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

he said nothing, still hasn't.  Mike Garafalo on NFLN said that neither Carson nor his agent every requested trade, that Carson didn't threaten to show up to camp or anything.

How does Mike know that?  No idea, might not be true who knows?  Reporters keep guessing all the time and passing it off as news.

Well until Carson stops being a baby and tells us we will never know if he wants to be traded or not. What if he never speaks ?? Can we assume he always wants to be traded?

Just now, Birdman said:

Obviously he is, because he's going to be your 2021 starting QB 

Like many are saying, 2021 is a throw away year anyway.  It doesn't matter who plays QB.

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

That's yet to be seen. How you know they aren't going QB at 6?

Possible, but I'd bet Howie is still pretending Hurts is Russell Wilson on that day.

23 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

So when do the Eagles play the Colts/AFC South? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

I think that's a given for 2021:

Colts already likely to improve, and they likely have four easy wins in the two meetings with the Jags and Texans, two of the biggest jokes in the league.
Titans only serious opponent for division, likely comes down to who plays better in their two meetings.

If Watson is traded, unless its to the Dolphins for Tua and getting back the #3 pick they gave up for Tunsil, Texans could easily go 0-16.
Jags will have growing pains with Trevor Lawrence. 

Even without Wentz, Colts likely would win the AFC South.  

The Titans aren’t slouches. They aren’t simply going to hand that division to the Colts. I highly doubt Brissett would win that division, but I’m not convinced Carson puts them over either. We will see. 

This is actually a really good trade for the Eagles and it could be a trade where both sides end up happy. The Colts got their guy. Howie got a pretty good return for a guy who didn't want to be there (we think) and Carson got to go to the team he wanted to. 

All this talk about hurts lacking talent and low ceiling is laughable.  Where did Tom Brady go in the draft again?   JFC give the guy more than 4 game before you write him off.  I don’t care what he did or didn’t do in college.  A lot of players never amount to anything in the nfl and there are diamonds in the rough as well.  You guys criticizing hurts are the guys that want a 7th round rugby player to protect him and want Boston scott getting 20 touches a game.  

Thank god there is a Flyers game to lift my spirits tonight. Even if half the team is out. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This is actually a really good trade for the Eagles and it could be a trade where both sides end up happy. The Colts got their guy. Howie got a pretty good return for a guy who didn't want to be there (we think) and Carson got to go to the team he wanted to. 

Sorry bud. I can't get excited about losing my franchise QB and getting a measly third this year. Howie got taken to the cleaners. 

Thank god there is a Flyers game to lift my spirits tonight. Even if half the team is out. 

Buck up bud. Even if your god were still here the Eagles were only winning 4 games in 2021 tops. Last year proved that. At least you don’t have to trash the whole team to defend you guy anymore. I’m sure you will just keep your ire focused just on Hurts. 

7 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Like many are saying, 2021 is a throw away year anyway.  It doesn't matter who plays QB.

Jalen Hurts! Good enough to QB a tanking team! Sort of like that Painter guy between Manning and Luck. Lol

For anyone who is worried that Wentz is going to turn it around in Indy. That absolutely could happen there's no getting away from that. But Carson doesn't leave Philly with a great overall record. He also leaves Philly where his last QB coach really wasn't very good. And guess who is waiting for him in Indy! 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And the Eagles now have no QB.  I get your point, but that is not win-win in any way, especially when Howie's personality appears to be the biggest issue (and still remains).

Sorry bud. I can't get excited about losing my franchise QB and getting a measly third this year. Howie got taken to the cleaners. 

Don't forget the 2022 likely first rounder. And guess what? That may well be more valuable because next year there should be a combine etc. This year is a little bit more of a crap shoot after a covid hit year. 

Look I agree this is a sad day. Carson was supposed to be THE GUY. It didn't work out that way though. 

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well until Carson stops being a baby and tells us we will never know if he wants to be traded or not. What if he never speaks ?? Can we assume he always wants to be traded?

My guess is that Carson will continue to be a professional and be respectful and not say anything bad in the media.  He didn't say anything "whiny" or "petulant" or anything in his post-game press conferences this year.  Doug said he handled it well.  Hurts said he was a good teammate and helped him on the sidelines.

There will continue to be reports and goosip and rumors.  But I would guess Carson makes a statement thanking Philadelphia and excited to get to work in Indianapolis.  It will have no drama.  People won't change their minds about anything regardless.  They'll say that's what he's supposed to say anyway.

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

And the Eagles now have no QB.  I get your point, but that is not win-win in any way, especially when Howie's personality appears to be the biggest issue (and still remains).

I mean if you are going to not have a QB at least get a real garunteed first. And maybe give us a little more than some piddling mid round 3rd this draft. Must see tv!

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

And hey I don't disagree there bud. I don't think Hurts is the answer but at least he'll get a fair shot. Or we think he will. But they got what they could given the situation. The biggest issue without doubt is that Howie, who created this mess, is still here. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That may well be more valuable because next year there should be a combine etc. This year is a little bit more of a crap shoot after a covid hit year. 

I actually think the opposite.  Teams won't be swayed by workout warriors and will trust the film and actual in game production.  I love the combine, but it fools teams into thinking guys are more than the film shows.

Archived