Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

3 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Probably still hurts fault though according to you 

I don't think Hurts is a real NFL QB. But that was just one of many many mistakes that led us down this crap hole. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

But but we get Jalen "I can't throw" Hurts and a crappy third round draft pick this year. Who's super excited!?

That QB that can’t throw still had a higher passer rating last year as a rookie than the Colts QB that you worship. So what does that say?

Just now, nipples said:

So go be a Colts fan. We all know you’re more about Wentz than the team anyway. 

So go f yourself. I can still like a team and call them out for the stupid way the team is run into the ground. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

So go f yourself. I can still like a team and call them out for the stupid way the team is run into the ground. 

Let me guess, you’ve been a fan since 2016?

I am very happy that Wentz's situation is resolved. It is time to move on and build a team. Let's release some old players and get fiscally under control. Let's draft some new players that hopefully will contribute to the team.

18 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

As I said, Hurts may develop into a great NFL QB, and as an  Eagles fan, I 100% hope he does. Alabama is a bit on an anomaly though. That program collects more top shelf talent than most other colleges and by a pretty fair margin. The SEC is the toughest conference, no doubt, but Bama has great players to counter that. There is top shelf talent scattered around the SEC to be sure, but a lot of it finds it's way to Saban's team. If there was a QB on say, Georgia or Tennessee who took the field for 4 years straight and tore apart the Tide's defense every time with lesser talent around him, I'd be all in from the jump. A guy who loses his starting position to a better QB, and transfers to a team to throw to Cee Dee Lamb, well, I'll reserve judgment for now.  

I was just responding to your comment about doubting him based on his college career and I just don't see that stats to say he had a bad career. He lost his job to a generational player at Bama. Tua came off the bench as a freaking freshman in the 2nd half of the National Championship Game and brought us back to win the game on a 2nd and 26 in OT. 

What Hurts did was stay and compete to get his job back, he did get better and he won the SEC Championship Game for us the next year. He didn't pout and transfer that year, he stayed and competed and won us a title. He went to OK to work with Lincoln Reiley who is a great QB coach and he got even better there.

I don't think he is a great QB in the NFL...yet. Who knows,  Bear Bryant had a saying, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. All those great teams Bear coach were not filled with the biggest and best players in the nation, but they were the toughest and had heart.

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Let me guess, you’ve been a fan since 2016?

Wrong again. That's a common theme for you though. 1989. 

7 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

But but we get Jalen "I can't throw" Hurts and a crappy third round draft pick this year. Who's super excited!?

Just because you aren't excited for Hurts doesn't mean we need to hold on to a QB that was the worst ranked starter in the league who was way overpaid.  

And the trade also doesn't mean Hurts is our starter long term or even for 2021.

This move opens so many possibilities for us, especially next year when we just added $30M in cap space.  

Try to be more open minded when looking at these things bro.  

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Wrong again. That's a common theme for you though. 1989. 

I’m the one who is wrong? You think Wentz is a franchise QB. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

At least Colts fans are having a good day I guess. 

Wait until they start pulling their hair out watching Wentz hold the ball for an enternity before finally being sacked. 

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Just because you aren't excited for Hurts doesn't mean we need to hold on to a QB that was the worst ranked starter in the league who was way overpaid.  

And the trade also doesn't mean Hurts is our starter long term or even for 2021.

This move opens so many possibilities for us, especially next year when we just added $30M in cap space.  

Try to be more open minded when looking at these things bro.  

As it stands right now we have no QB. We have a roster that's maybe, MAYBE good enough for 3rd in the division. And the guy that is in charge of rebuilding us can't draft. 

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

F Hurts. We need to draft a QB

Lmao! So Toxic, Hurts did nothing your boy sucked and he was forced to play. He was only worth a fing 3 lmao!!!!!

1 minute ago, nipples said:

I’m the one who is wrong? You think Wentz is a franchise QB.

So when Wentz wins a division and we are in the hunt for the number one draft pick you gonna admit you are wrong?

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

^^^ This right here.  

The only players that were statistically worse were Drew Lock, Cam Newton, Nick Mullens, Nick Foles (LOL), and Sam Darnold.  

Howie actually got picks in return, too.  It's quite possible that we did pretty well here!

Also, just because we are saying that Carson isn't our QB1 doesn't mean that we think Hurts is that guy.  Hurts will get a shot this year, but the perspective is that he's a 2nd round pick on a rookie deal.  We aren't exactly "all in" on him.  

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

As it stands right now we have no QB. We have a roster that's maybe, MAYBE good enough for 3rd in the division. And the guy that is in charge of rebuilding us can't draft. 

I hope hurts makes you eat those salty words. 

At least we all agree on Howie though. 

Compensation is fair on both sides. Wentz in Indy will be interesting, we’ll finally be able to know whether it was Reich or Pederson that was instrumental in Wentz’s success early in his career. Now Wentz has the OL & weapons to succeed, won’t be any more excuses for him. 

2 minutes ago, Bamabird said:

I was just responding to your comment about doubting him based on his college career and I just don't see that stats to say he had a bad career. He lost his job to a generational player at Bama. Tua came off the bench as a freaking freshman in the 2nd half of the National Championship Game and brought us back to win the game on a 2nd and 26 in OT. 

What Hurts did was stay and compete to get his job back, he did get better and he won the SEC Championship Game for us the next year. He didn't pout and transfer that year, he stayed and competed and won us a title. He went to OK to work with Lincoln Reiley who is a great QB coach and he got even better there.

I don't think he is a great QB in the NFL...yet. Who knows,  Bear Bryant had a saying, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. All those great teams Bear coach were not filled with the biggest and best players in the nation, but they were the toughest and had heart.

I understand, and it seems like we are saying essentially the same thing in different ways. From an individual talent perspective, Hurts isn't the best, but that doesn't mean he can't grow into a great one through the his will to do so. Time will tell. I'm hopeful that the Eagles stumbled into a HOF QB in the 2nd round of the 2020 draft and that he wins a bunch of Super Bowls while here. My personal opinion is he has a tremendous amount of growth to go through before he gets there and I'm just not convinced he can. I do believe he will try his best though, so we'll have to wait and see how it all shakes out. 

1 hour ago, Thing3 said:

I said it was horrible but when I say that I mean the situation as a whole. The trade wasn't so bad considering Wentz comes with a whole lot of questions. I'm shocked we're even here. I really thought Wentz would be the Eagles starter next year even when trade rumors surfaced.

As soon as Hurts was drafted, I've wanted this change & knew it was only a matter of time. Never was big on Wentz, thought eagles should of kept Foles. Also feel Hurts will have a better NFL career in the long run than Wentz. Excited for all the new changes. Doug was stale and showed just as much interest in the game as Wentz. Glad it's didn't go any longer so eagles can now focus on building a team for next year without that distractions. 

Wentz was a weak puss snapper head that can’t handle adversity and then when he was going to get traded to the Bears,  rat fed us, because he needs everything to be perfect to succeed.  The bish is 0-1 in the playoffs after 5 years, so yeah a Lamar Jackson like run and a playoff win would be a huge fing upgrade over anything Wentz.

3 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

The only players that were statistically worse were Drew Lock, Cam Newton, Nick Mullens, Nick Foles (LOL), and Sam Darnold.  

I didn't realize last year was his only year in the league. 

No matter if Wentz recovers, he wasn't doing it here. They lucked out getting rid of him. Just too bad the Bears didn't want him and trade their #2 as our backup.

Disappointing ROI on Howies part once again but par for the course. So after 1 bad season both Doug and Carson are gone and Howies still here. Yay. 

Guessing we will be drafting another QB again this year. QB factory is running low at the moment........:lol:

Archived