Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

28 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Eagles fans: Carson is the worse QB in the league and a big whiny cry baby can't wait till he is gone he will never be any good!

Also eagles fans: only a 3rd and maybe a 1st!? Howie sucks! He got screwed Carson is way better then that! 

I’m actually with @UK_EaglesFan89 on this one. It’s kind of a good deal all around. All Carson basically has to do is stay healthy and the Eagles get a first round pick in 2022. I usually trash Howie, but I give him credit for squeezing a first out of the Colts basically. On top of that by 2022 this team will have two first, cap space and can rebuild. I’m good with it. 

10 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Like many are saying, 2021 is a throw away year anyway.  It doesn't matter who plays QB.

For once I agree with you. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/13/2020 at 10:43 PM, downundermike said:

They are not gonna take a 33 million dead cap hit to trade him. 

I disagree

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

My guess is that Carson will continue to be a professional and be respectful and not say anything bad in the media.  He didn't say anything "whiny" or "petulant" or anything in his post-game press conferences this year.  Doug said he handled it well.  Hurts said he was a good teammate and helped him on the sidelines.

There will continue to be reports and goosip and rumors.  But I would guess Carson makes a statement thanking Philadelphia and excited to get to work in Indianapolis.  It will have no drama.  People won't change their minds about anything regardless.  They'll say that's what he's supposed to say anyway.

The only drama will be in Philadelphia when the Colts are winning games and the Eagles are last in the NFC east.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Don't forget the 2022 likely first rounder. And guess what? That may well be more valuable because next year there should be a combine etc. This year is a little bit more of a crap shoot after a covid hit year. 

Look I agree this is a sad day. Carson was supposed to be THE GUY. It didn't work out that way though. 

The Colts may also win the Super Bowl, which makes the #1 in the "best guess" territory, especially with Howie picking.  

I guess one very  early in the round and one very late is better than the 2nd....barely.

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Reports:  NOTW thinks Howie Roseman should be fired.

6 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Like many are saying, 2021 is a throw away year anyway.  It doesn't matter who plays QB.

same could have been said of 2020 with Wentz as the starter 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Buck up bud. Even if your god were still here the Eagles were only winning 4 games in 2021 tops. Last year proved that. At least you don’t have to trash the whole team to defend you guy anymore. I’m sure you will just keep your ire focused just on Hurts. 

If he was my "god" I wouldn't be here angry and upset would I? No. I'd be on the Colts board whooping it up after my team screwed Howie with his pants on. 

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

My guess is that Carson will continue to be a professional and be respectful and not say anything bad in the media.  He didn't say anything "whiny" or "petulant" or anything in his post-game press conferences this year.  Doug said he handled it well.  Hurts said he was a good teammate and helped him on the sidelines.

There will continue to be reports and goosip and rumors.  But I would guess Carson makes a statement thanking Philadelphia and excited to get to work in Indianapolis.  It will have no drama.  People won't change their minds about anything regardless.  They'll say that's what he's supposed to say anyway.

You are being to serious about this lol. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m actually with @UK_EaglesFan89 on this one. It’s kind of a good deal all around. All Carson basically has to do is stay healthy and the Eagles get a first round pick in 2022. I usually trash Howie, but I give him credit for squeezing a first out of the Colts basically. On top of that by 2022 this team will have two first, cap space and can rebuild. I’m good with it. 

Well said. This year will be about seeing what you have in Hurts, developing some young guys at many positions Oline, WR, dbacks. Then next year you either go with Hurts or get a QB and load up and see what happens.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And hey I don't disagree there bud. I don't think Hurts is the answer but at least he'll get a fair shot. Or we think he will. But they got what they could given the situation. The biggest issue without doubt is that Howie, who created this mess, is still here. 

I don't give a crap if Hurts gets a fair shot or not.   I want the Eagles to put the best QB on the field.  If that is draft, trade, FA, or Hurts, I do not care.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I actually think the opposite.  Teams won't be swayed by workout warriors and will trust the film and actual in game production.  I love the combine, but it fools teams into thinking guys are more than the film shows.

You might be right but they can't meet with these guys face to face can they? And also some gems may be found through the combine due to their athleticism. Of course to counter that mistakes are also made for that same reason. 

Just now, Birdman said:

Let's see. Wentz helped this team big time to getting to a SB. He won us a division almost single handedly. Hurts isn't going to do either. 

1 minute ago, Birdman said:

Not sure what your point is, but thanks for participating.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

For once I agree with you. 

I'm good with it too, I was just making fun of some.of the instant reactions before it was fully detailed. 

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I don't give a crap if Hurts gets a fair shot or not.   I want the Eagles to put the best QB on the field.  If that is draft, trade, FA, or Hurts, I do not care.

Well look I don't disagree with you there either. I want the Eagles to find their long term guy. I want them to rebuild this team and hopefully build an exciting roster. But Carson wasn't the long term answer either. Now I know you disagree with that and that's fine bud. 

29 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Colts players react.

Yeah, sure seems like the players who all talk to each other heard he was a major issue with teammates and aren't looking to working with him at all.

More BS from Howie to get his way and throw him out of town. No coincidence that crap started the same year Howie blew a 2nd round pick on a QB. None at all. 

1 minute ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Well said. This year will be about seeing what you have in Hurts, developing some young guys at many positions Oline, WR, dbacks. Then next year you either go with Hurts or get a QB and load up and see what happens.

No matter how you slice it 2021 is probably at best a seven win season. The Eagles are loaded with issues. They need talent which means they needed picks. They have nothing for cap space and that’s even if Wentz were here. I for one didn’t want to see another year of the same old stuff. 

I just can't wait for Howie and/or Lurie to trot out at a presser and say some stupid crap.   They need to say that they are part of the problem there or nothing changes going forward.

Just now, Diehardfan said:

Yeah, sure seems like the players who all talk to each other heard he was a major issue with teammates and aren't looking to working with him at all.

More BS from Howie to get his way and throw him out of town. No coincidence that crap started the same year Howie blew a 2nd round pick on a QB. None at all. 

To be honest I don't care what the Colts players think about the move. I'm sure they are excited. I'm more interested to know how the Eagles players feel. 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm good with it too, I was just making fun of some.of the instant reactions before it was fully detailed. 

You know me. I can get very reactionary. 😂🤣😂 Still I think everyone got what they wanted here. Time to move forward. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

You know me. I can get very reactionary. 😂🤣😂 Still I think everyone got what they wanted here. Time to move forward. 

I wouldn't go as far to say everyone got what they wanted. Plenty of Eagles fans wanted Carson to turn things around in Philly. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Indeed!! Can't wait to.hear Carson speak.... I mean Jalen lol🤪

6 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Well said. This year will be about seeing what you have in Hurts

Got a nickel?

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I just can't wait for Howie and/or Lurie to trot out at a presser and say some stupid crap.   They need to say that they are part of the problem there or nothing changes going forward.

do you really think either of them have the balls to conduct a press conference now??  LMFAO

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I wouldn't go as far to say everyone got what they wanted. Plenty of Eagles fans wanted Carson to turn things around in Philly. 

He did by leaving 🤪

Archived