Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

9 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Really?  How'd Mahomes do in the Super Bowl missing his two tackles even with all of those weapons?  Right?  Meanwhile, with none of those weapons and missing the whole f'ing offensive line....everyone is harping on Wentz?  We as Eagles fans deserve what Howie is doing to this team.  I'm going to be laughing my ass off when Wentz goes to Indy and kills it.

Same theory holds for Hurts 4 games. He was also behind a terrible o-line.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I agree. I do not want them to trade down. I don’t want to see them try and be cute here. Get the best talent at 6, but Howie even scared me there too. 😂

They need to stockpile picks to fix the team going forward.  Drafting a stud at 6 is not going to do anything for next year, and probably the year after.  Need quantity over quality right now.

If you can move down to 10 and pick up a 2nd or 3rd, you do it in a second.

2 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Yes and No, i think Frank will do a better job of protecting Wentz's weaknesses but at the same time, his accuracy was all over the place and there were times he couldn't outrun a 330lb off balance tackle in the backfield. That's not coaching..

Right, his mobility was grossly overrated.

Just now, EagleVA said:

Right, his mobility was grossly overrated.

Pre ACL was on a whole different level than after. 

2 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

I dont believe this for one second. Bears were in on Wentz wouldve made the better offer but Carson wouldve said I aint going there.

So multiple major outlets, including Adam Schefter who everyone here says his word is gospel have reported the same.

Schefter said it on 97.5 about 2 hours ago.

Just now, downundermike said:

They need to stockpile picks to fix the team going forward.  Drafting a stud at 6 is not going to do anything for next year, and probably the year after.  Need quantity over quality right now.

If you can move down to 10 and pick up a 2nd or 3rd, you do it in a second.

Stockpiling picks isn’t going to get it done here. We aren’t giving Howie a better chance to succeed. We are just giving him more opportunities to screw up. His draft acumen isn’t good enough to play games. Let’s be honest. The real reason Wentz is no longer an Eagle is because Howie Roseman thought it was a good idea to waste a 2nd round pick on a backup quarterback. Naw stay at six or move up. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The real reason Wentz is no longer an Eagle is because Howie Roseman thought it was a good idea to waste a 2nd round pick on a backup quarterback.

Image result for and the truth shall set you free gif

Just now, downundermike said:

Image result for and the truth shall set you free gif

I don’t know how many times I have to make it clear that Howie Roseman is by far the biggest issue with the Eagles. How does this guy survive 4 coaching changes is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

The real reason Wentz is no longer an Eagle is because Howie Roseman thought it was a good idea to waste a 2nd round pick on a backup quarterback. 

Bingo!!! And Doug gets the assist for benching Carson and starting this crap circus instead of letting him play through his struggles in a lost year anyway. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t know how many times I have to make it clear that Howie Roseman is by far the biggest issue with the Eagles. How does this guy survive 4 coaching changes is beyond me. 

How he convinced Lurie it was the coach, QB, and everyone but him is beyond me as well.

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Bingo!!! And Doug gets the assist for benching Carson and starting this crap circus instead of letting him play through his struggles in a lost year anyway. 

Doug doesn’t start this circus if Howie doesn’t make that stupid pick. I’m not trashing the player, but the pick was atrocious. I’ll feel that way about it regardless of how well or poorly Hurts plays. They ruined their quarterback with that move and they aren’t a good enough team to keep wasting his picks on backups. I felt the same way about the Goedert pick. They replaced Tre Burton with a 2nd round pick while Ertz was in his prime and killing it. Not like they couldn’t have used a safety, corner, linebacker, running back or receiver at that time though. 

Just now, Diehardfan said:

How he convinced Lurie it was the coach, QB, and everyone but him is beyond me as well.

He did it four times! 😂🤣😂

Just now, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Pre ACL was on a whole different level than after. 

Even then it was overrated, he didn't have the feel as to when to take off and when he did he was klutzy.

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Even then it was overrated, he didn't have the feel as to when to take off and when he did he was klutzy.

He’s bowlegged so it looks worse than it really is. 

11 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

At this point it's obvious the front office runs all aspects of this team. We will never know but i wouldn't be surprised if the decision to bench Wentz came from above Doug. 

Than Doug sits down with Lurie at the end of the season and expresses that he thinks he can fix Wentz,  Lurie than replies with a giant Santa Clause belly shaking laugh and says Doug your fired and Boy Howie and I decided already to trade him.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

He’s bowlegged so it looks worse than it really is. 

That's what makes him a klutz.

2 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Oh boy I hope you Hurts fans are right about him....

They aren't. 

3 hours ago, Bamabird said:

I sure hope y'all get your program together soon! I love the 3rd Saturday in October when it is good game.

So do I, but it hasn't even been a decent game in a long time.         We're once again in the 'hoping' mode with a new coach and AD, but it's still going to be 2-3 years minimum if all goes well just to rebuild the recruiting base.

7 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Oh boy I hope you Hurts fans are right about him....

I think you mean you hope Howie is right about him. Because we fans didnt draft him nor did we make a trade to move out the slightly above average $125m thin skinned guy who wants everything handed to him.   

if the team felt at all that jalen didn’t have potential, they don’t trade Carson in an attempt to erase their mistake.  

you don’t burn the house down or give it away if you aren’t sure you like the one you just bought. 

58 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Sorry bud. I can't get excited about losing my franchise QB and getting a measly third this year. Howie got taken to the cleaners. 

Based on last year's production only. If Eagle's traded Hurts instead of Wentz, what would you expect for Hurts?

1 minute ago, XoqTionR said:

Based on last year's production only. If Eagle's traded Hurts instead of Wentz, what would you expect for Hurts?

Hurts wouldn't even get you a third rounder. Probably a fifth or sixth.

Archived