Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

On 4/6/2021 at 11:36 PM, NOTW said:

The heavy hitters/biggest names left on Earth:

• Hulk: hipster professor version wants to lay low even more than before. 
  • Spider-Man: went back to being small time, his last movie left him framed (who would believe that anyway).
  • Doctor Strange: only gets involved when it's mystical or Thanos level.
  • Wanda: we saw she won't be helping anyone else anytime soon.

The rest:

• Ant-Man & The Wasp: always did their own thing but helped in Civil War and Endgame. Would make sense on a new Avengers team.
  • Hawkeye: probably went back to retirement, we'll see his own series later.
  • Sam & Bucky.
  • Rhodes.
  • Valkyrie: laying low in new Asgard.
  • Pepper with a suit: only likely to help in a Thanos level situation. 
  • We'll see how they handle Black Panther now. He would have been able to fill a huge void and lead.

There is no clear leader to replace Tony, Steve or Natasha (they shouldn't have killed her).

Unless Nick Fury reassembles them and "leads" like he set out to in the beginning. 

A couple old and names to include:

• Several possible characters from the Black Panther universe including Shuri, Okoye who took on a larger role in the post blip world, Nakia, and M’Baku. Depending on what comes from Next BP movie, I’m sure will see one or more of these characters take a larger role.
  • White Vision. 
  • Spectrum/Monica Rambeau
  • In theory, Ghost is still alive.
  • Wong would be included in the Strange bucket. 

Also, do we know where Korg and Meek are? I’d assume they left with the Guardians and Thor but they weren’t shown. If they are still in New Asgard, they could be in play. Also, technically the Lady Sif may still be alive, she wasn’t in Ragnorak but appeared in Agents. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

10 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

A couple old and names to include:

• Several possible characters from the Black Panther universe including Shuri, Okoye who took on a larger role in the post blip world, Nakia, and M’Baku. Depending on what comes from Next BP movie, I’m sure will see one or more of these characters take a larger role.
  • White Vision. 
  • Spectrum/Monica Rambeau
  • In theory, Ghost is still alive.
  • Wong would be included in the Strange bucket. 

Also, do we know where Korg and Meek are? I’d assume they left with the Guardians and Thor but they weren’t shown. If they are still in New Asgard, they could be in play. Also, technically the Lady Sif may still be alive, she wasn’t in Ragnorak but appeared in Agents. 

True, Okoye was helping with the remains of the heroes after the snap.  The rest of the Wakandans stick to Wakanda (the one warrior showed up with Bucky at the end of the last episode though).

We'll see what they do with the rest, but none of them seem like they'd team up with the Avengers on Earth.  Maybe Monica but looks like she was just invited to space.

52 minutes ago, NOTW said:

True, Okoye was helping with the remains of the heroes after the snap.  The rest of the Wakandans stick to Wakanda (the one warrior showed up with Bucky at the end of the last episode though).

We'll see what they do with the rest, but none of them seem like they'd team up with the Avengers on Earth.  Maybe Monica but looks like she was just invited to space.

Probably right on the other Wakandans. It is unlikely that Ayo (the character in Falcon and Winter Soldier) would have been there but for the fact that Zemo killed T'Chaka so that makes it Wakanda's business. 

It took years for Warner bros to cave to fans demands to "release the Snyder cut”

it took marvel days... presenting the one hour Zemo club edition!

• Haha 3

Looks like all the Spiderman movies including the MCU ones are going to Netflix.

:censored: Just got real this episode!

3 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

:censored: Just got real this episode!

That was pretty intense.  That final image of Walker holding the shield like that.  Even though the set up is that his character started out with good intentions and had massive shoes to fill, he was never really likeable.  I did like how Zemo just stood there sipping his drink as ish was going down around him.  Always calm and calculating. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Looks like all the Spiderman movies including the MCU ones are going to Netflix.

They go to Netflix first right after the theater run, they'll still be on disney+

7 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

That was pretty intense.  That final image of Walker holding the shield like that.  Even though the set up is that his character started out with good intentions and had massive shoes to fill, he was never really likeable.  I did like how Zemo just stood there sipping his drink as ish was going down around him.  Always calm and calculating. 

I like Zemo more this time. He wasn't developed in the movie and his plot was overly complicated and relied on a lot of coincidence and things to go a certain way. 

Plus, his dancing I mean that alone is epic.

• Like 1

They missed an opportunity when Ayo takes Bucky's arm off. Sam should've said "Can you teach me to do that?" :lol:

It was dumb to fight the Wakandans. Should've just stood back or helped them. Wakanda continually has saved their asses and what they did for Bucky.

38 minutes ago, NOTW said:

They missed an opportunity when Ayo takes Bucky's arm off. Sam should've said "Can you teach me to do that?" :lol:

It was dumb to fight the Wakandans. Should've just stood back or helped them. Wakanda continually has saved their asses and what they did for Bucky.

I mean, Sam Bucky and Zemo don’t fight them until it looked like They were going to kill Walker and Lamar. Heck, one of my favorite moments was Walker getting wrecked, sam saying should we do something, and Bucky sarcastically cheering "Looking Strong John”

But even after they got in, Bucky was still trying to talk Ayo down. 

Currently watching Captain America: Winter Soldier and something stood out. 
Bucky in combat has probably been the most disappointing part of Falcon & Winter Soldier to me.

Maybe he’s getting weaker because he’s more humanized, all part of his character arc. Just a letdown to see him go from being able to beat up Cap, to this. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Bucky in combat has probably been the most disappointing part of Falcon & Winter Soldier to me.

Maybe he’s getting weaker because he’s more humanized, all part of his character arc. Just a letdown to see him go from being able to beat up Cap, to this. 

It must be because he's been humanised. He's not working as essentially a cyborg anymore so he has that human emotion of things. He may not be able to tap in to his full strength?

He’s also holding back. He’s in therapy remember and he keeps reinforcing rule 2: do not hurt anyone. He’s doing this against a bunch of super soldiers so it looks worse. But when he was in character in madripoor he wrecked some fools.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I said this previously as well.  In the shipping container scene he was running and ducking and seemed scared.  In Civil War he took on a whole SWAT team and blocked bullets with his arm and never got a scratch.  He fought the aliens in Infinity War.  

Then in this show he was being held by 2 super soldiers and just stood there.  In this last episode he finally started to fight better at least, it felt more like him.

Even the way Sam and Bucky argued over tactical procedure and Sam joked "it's in every action movie."  These guys are both military trained and have been doing these kind of missions for years.  

bucky showed he still has it in the bar scene. he's def holding back, but i suspect he's going to have to stop holding back at some point with walker. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

bucky showed he still has it in the bar scene. he's def holding back, but i suspect he's going to have to stop holding back at some point with walker. 

64.media.tumblr.com/bbfded89d955a3438a463815c2c...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PSA: There is a post credits scene this week. 

@20Safety_Hazards what's the significance of the Contessa character? That long title sounded like someone with Baron Zemo. I read that episode 5 had a surprise character for fans played by a well known actor but not someone we've seen in the MCU. 

Is she somebody in the comics? 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

@20Safety_Hazards what's the significance of the Contessa character? That long title sounded like someone with Baron Zemo. I read that episode 5 had a surprise character for fans played by a well known actor but not someone we've seen in the MCU. 

Is she somebody in the comics? 

Yes. So she’s a complicated character. In the past she was Fury’s right hand woman in shield and (in some stories his lover). An accomplished fighter and an even better spy/strategist.  In other stories she was a double agent inside of shield working for Hydra and/or the Soviet Leviathan.  I have no idea where she ends up here, MCU could go a lot of different directions. Some believe she could be used in the future to set up the Thunderbolts. But honestly, wide open right now. 

That said, I’m excited to see where she goes. I love JLD and I really enjoyed her intro in this show. But I don’t think we’ll see much more from her this series other than maybe a post credit scene. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BFit said:

:roll: the whole episode

I'm assuming its a suit similar to Black Panthers that redistributes energy