Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

22 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Pretty sure that was Immortus that was "killed" and Loki was sent to Kangs universe

that would make a ton of sense. love this direction that marvel is going. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

I dunno, Loki was "OK" to me, better than F&TWS, not as good as Wandavision.  The timekeeper guy at the end was weak.  And a baseball idiom?  C'mon.  Loki devolving into a lovesick puppy was disappointing, although him falling for a version of himself was amusing.  I didn't think it bad, just not as good as some others seem to think it.

2 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

terrifying as in how powerful he is and how he has so easily controlled the entire universe and everything in it. every world, every event, every second of existence. then knowing that much more evil variants of him are on the way. 

yeah, i'd say he was terrifying. 

Yeah - that's why I said terrifying but in a different way than like horror movie terrifying.  Nerdy, time traveling, universe controlling terrifying.  

5 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah - that's why I said terrifying but in a different way than like horror movie terrifying.  Nerdy, time traveling, universe controlling terrifying.  

i'm with you, i thought the character was great. be interesting to see how he plays kang the conqueror. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

I dunno, Loki was "OK" to me, better than F&TWS, not as good as Wandavision.  The timekeeper guy at the end was weak.  And a baseball idiom?  C'mon.  Loki devolving into a lovesick puppy was disappointing, although him falling for a version of himself was amusing.  I didn't think it bad, just not as good as some others seem to think it.

it's all subjective. i thought all three series were pretty good, none of them great though. we are going to like what we like, but if marvel keeps putting out this kind of material, i'll be watching. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Terrifying may not be the right word - or at least not in the sense that we think of terrifying.  Either way, I found his performance captivating.

I can't decide if I liked Loki or WandaVision more - The Falcon & The Winter Soldier is a distant third for me.  

Agreed. He has a way of showing tons of emotion and force without it looking like he is overdoing it.  

4 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

terrifying as in how powerful he is and how he has so easily controlled the entire universe and everything in it. every world, every event, every second of existence. then knowing that much more evil variants of him are on the way. 

yeah, i'd say he was terrifying. 

Yeah. And add to that he looked like he was losing his marbles do to eons of pretty much being a hermit. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i am assuming there will be a 2nd season ? 

It's already been confirmed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

It's already been confirmed

good deal and thanks for the info. i come here for such things. 

25 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

good deal and thanks for the info. i come here for such things. 

Right before the credits, they showed Loki's file and stamped it:

loki-renewed-season-2-disney-plus-162624

27 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Right before the credits, they showed Loki's file and stamped it:

loki-renewed-season-2-disney-plus-162624

i absolutely missed that and i even watched to see if there was a post credit scene. :roll: 

in my defense i did hit the dab rig before i watched the episode. :afro:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i absolutely missed that and i even watched to see if there was a post credit scene. :roll: 

in my defense i did hit the dab rig before i watched the episode. :afro:

The writers hit a lot of stuff when putting the show together too!

7 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Terrifying may not be the right word - or at least not in the sense that we think of terrifying.  Either way, I found his performance captivating.

I can't decide if I liked Loki or WandaVision more - The Falcon & The Winter Soldier is a distant third for me.  

I agree wholeheartedly. Aside from Alligator loki I thought his performance was the best part of the show. He was awesome. I think he showed a silly side because this was one of the Kangs that wasn't a complete and total D-head, I'm really excited to see his portrayal of the evil ones.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah, i'm gonna disney + this one instead of going to the theater. $29.99 is less than what i'd pay for 3 of us to see it in the theater...plus the added benefit of watching it on my big screen. :thumbsup:   

It’s totally worth it to go the Disney + route too because you don’t have to pay to rewatch it. You basically unlock the movie for good on your Disney +

Just to be clear, while I wasn’t a fan of this version of Kang, Doesn't me I wrote the character off. I’m still excited to see what the real villain is like, and have a feeling down the road I’ll appreciate what Marvel & Majors did with this Kang. Just right now I don’t. 

As far as comparing the 3 shows, I think they’re all relatively close with each show having really strong periods & low spots that differ from the other 2. Thought Wandvision was boring to start, got decent, ended strong. F&WS was ok to start, got strong, then ended decently. Loki started really strong, up and down during the middle, then ended ok. They all still excelled in the subplots they’re in of the overall MCU plot going forward. There was a lot of development for various storylines that I’m sure will tie together nicely. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, devpool said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Aside from Alligator loki I thought his performance was the best part of the show. He was awesome. I think he showed a silly side because this was one of the Kangs that wasn't a complete and total D-head, I'm really excited to see his portrayal of the evil ones.

He was basically a recluse for a really really long time. It looked to me like he was on his way to going insane. The role was played perfectly IMO.

6 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Just to be clear, while I wasn’t a fan of this version of Kang, Doesn't me I wrote the character off. I’m still excited to see what the real villain is like, and have a feeling down the road I’ll appreciate what Marvel & Majors did with this Kang. Just right now I don’t. 

As far as comparing the 3 shows, I think they’re all relatively close with each show having really strong periods & low spots that differ from the other 2. Thought Wandvision was boring to start, got decent, ended strong. F&WS was ok to start, got strong, then ended decently. Loki started really strong, up and down during the middle, then ended ok. They all still excelled in the subplots they’re in of the overall MCU plot going forward. There was a lot of development for various storylines that I’m sure will tie together nicely. 

He was playing Immortus, a "variant" of Kang that exists at the very end of time. Kang the Conqueror will be played very different.

Has anyone seen this plot hole from end game I just thought of? Gamora 2.0 time traveled with evil Nebula to 5. Years. Later. and freed good Nebula. But Tony 10000% had no clue there was an "evil” Gamora 2.0 working with good Nebula in the final battle at the eviscerated Avengers HQ. So why did she live when Tony snapped? 

they didn’t "show” her live, but it was implied by Starlord searching for her on his spaceship at the end of the movie. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Has anyone seen this plot hole from end game I just thought of? Gamora 2.0 time traveled with evil Nebula to 5. Years. Later. and freed good Nebula. But Tony 10000% had no clue there was an "evil” Gamora 2.0 working with good Nebula in the final battle at the eviscerated Avengers HQ. So why did she live when Tony snapped? 

they didn’t "show” her live, but it was implied by Starlord searching for her on his spaceship at the end of the movie. 

Gamora was never considered evil, even with Thanos. She secretly hated him. Past Gamora had already learned from future Nebula that they became sisters and friends, and knew that Thanos achieved his plan. Gamora fought with the Avengers in the final battle, we saw her in the female hero group shot. She was good. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

Gamora was never considered evil, even with Thanos. She secretly hated him. Past Gamora had already learned from future Nebula that they became sisters and friends, and knew that Thanos achieved his plan. Gamora fought with the Avengers in the final battle, we saw her in the female hero group shot. She was good. 

And ultimately it comes down to perception right? Like Gamora was raised by Thanos so her ideals were always going to be warped but if you sit on the side of Thanos then they had the right idea. 

On 7/16/2021 at 7:08 PM, NOTW said:

Im not certain mid-battle Tony was watching the girl power assembly to not have Gamora 2.0 lumped in his "dust Thanos and all of his army” snap at the end of the film 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Im not certain mid-battle Tony was watching the girl power assembly to not have Gamora 2.0 lumped in his "dust Thanos and all of his army” snap at the end of the film 

Tony makes a wish to the magic genie of the soul stone, which knows who's with Thanos and not. Tony didn't name literally hundreds of people. 

By your logic, Tony doesn't even know past Gamora came to the future so he wouldn't think to include her anyway.  And his only knowledge of her  prior is Starlord being upset she died and hearing about her from Nebula so he would know her as someone not with Thanos.

There are plenty of plot holes. This isn't one.

• Like 2

I enjoyed Kang/Immortus but I look forward to a different take on the character moving forward. I interpreted the character as someone a little unhinged having lived for eons.  

My biggest Hang up with Loki season one is that the show just sort of abruptly ended. We don’t see what happened with Ramona, Mobius’s burn it all down arc kinda went nowhere, and Loki ends in a planet of the apes like reset which for a tv show could be a good cliffhanger but as part of a larger movie cinematic universe feels more like a bridge to the next movie. Which is fine, but I just wish there was more. Overall, I really enjoyed Loki. Tied with WandaVision for my favorite of the three shows. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I enjoyed Kang/Immortus but I look forward to a different take on the character moving forward. I interpreted the character as someone a little unhinged having lived for eons.  

My biggest Hang up with Loki season one is that the show just sort of abruptly ended. We don’t see what happened with Ramona, Mobius’s burn it all down arc kinda went nowhere, and Loki ends in a planet of the apes like reset which for a tv show could be a good cliffhanger but as part of a larger movie cinematic universe feels more like a bridge to the next movie. Which is fine, but I just wish there was more. Overall, I really enjoyed Loki. Tied with WandaVision for my favorite of the three shows. 

They took Loki and made him a supporting cast member in his own show that was supposed to be about him.  He went from the God of Mischief to a lovesick puppy baffoon character following Sylvie around and being foolish instead of crafty. He had a nice moment in the beginning realizing his future and trying to work toward doing something good and I feel like it got diminished over the series.  That would have been more impactful after a few episodes of buildup maybe.

Kang was anti-climatic IMO.  It was supposed to be this big reveal, but everyone already knew it would be Kang.  I would have preferred him to have been more menacing and for him to give a brief warning but they don't believe him and kill him.  Or one of the evil variants makes an appearance.  They are using the TV shows to build up to future movies but I think that can be at the expense of the product you're making at the moment.  The finale was weaker on its own because it was more a setup for movies. 

I don't understand how new Kang variants would start right away, wouldn't it take years?  I don't know.  But all these timeline nexus events branched off immediately, and Loki ends up in one where Kang exists as a hero with a statue.  I thought these would only be new timeline branches, not previous ones that were like blocked or hidden or something now they all appear?  I didn't follow that logic.

For me it was like the end of the Matrix Reloaded.  A lot of build up and hype and ended with a loooooong sequence of boring dialogue.  First rule of script writing is show don't tell and to just have a character talk for 20 minutes of exposition isn't exciting.  Good dialogue and acting doesn't have to be boring, but they did it too much for me.