Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok so it's timelines that creates multiple outcomes rather than multiverses? Like in the Flash there's earth 1, 2, 3 etc. But with the MCU they are doing timeline variants? Same outcome i guess but I prefer the timeline explanation. 

That's how I understand it. Every time the timeline branches a new universe is formed. I would imagine unchecked, infinite branches would occur and therefore infinite universes.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

My take away is that there are multiple universes already. They just all exist in different "planes" of time and space. But the dude at the end of the rainbow in the final episode (not the "Kang" articles of podcasts have been speculating about during this shows run, but a Variant of Kang) and his other versions in other universes all created some kind of technology that allowed all their universes to merge/crossover with one another. So multiverses were always a thing, just permanently isolated from and unaware of one another.

But after all the "Kangs" created a way to "bridge" their respective universes together, war broke out. Either someone wanting control. Or people wanting to leave their universe for a better one. Maybe a resource-strapped Thanos wants to live on a Titan in another universe that has ample resources. Who knows.

Anyways, dude at the end of Loki managed to take control of everything and isolate the universes once again. However, maybe because bridging of them has already happened, select events can "undo" the fixing he's made, which is those branches, and if the branches get too out of control it breaks whatever parental locks on multiversal crossover that he put in place. 

6 hours ago, Boogyman said:

That's how I understand it. Every time the timeline branches a new universe is formed. I would imagine unchecked, infinite branches would occur and therefore infinite universes.

Ok that I can deal with. I know it probably sounds crazy but I just didn't like the true multi verse thing.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok that I can deal with. I know it probably sounds crazy but I just didn't like the true multi verse thing.

Yeah I can take it or leave it. Marvel usually gets it right though so I have faith.

One cool thing is the theory I described even explains the weird universes like the ones Dr Strange saw in his movie. All it would take is for one random event to happen, say during the big bang or however the universe was created. This could completely change the laws of physics in that universe and make it completely different from ours.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Yeah I can take it or leave it. Marvel usually gets it right though so I have faith.

One cool thing is the theory I described even explains the weird universes like the ones Dr Strange saw in his movie. All it would take is for one random event to happen, say during the big bang or however the universe was created. This could completely change the laws of physics in that universe and make it completely different from ours.

I thought of that part in IW when he said there was only 1 scenario out of 14 million or whatever, where they won.  With multi-verses, that means a Thanos in every universe as well.  The Loki's discussed their interactions with Thanos, I don't remember if any of of them said Thanos succeeded.  

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I thought of that part in IW when he said there was only 1 scenario out of 14 million or whatever, where they won.  With multi-verses, that means a Thanos in every universe as well.  The Loki's discussed their interactions with Thanos, I don't remember if any of of them said Thanos succeeded.  

I wonder if one of those scenarios was him running a time loop, like he did on Dormammu, with Thanos.  Seems like that could have been an easier solution that what they wound up going through.  

14 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Yeah that's true. I guess it takes someone to time travel to that point and change something. 

On 7/23/2021 at 4:42 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah that's true. I guess it takes someone to time travel to that point and change something. 

Screenshot_20210725-111731_Instagram.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/scarlett-johansson-sues-disney-over-black-widow-streaming-release-11627579278

Scarlett Johansson Sues Disney Over ‘Black Widow’ Streaming Release

Star alleges simultaneous release of the latest Marvel movie in theaters and on Disney+ service was a breach of contract

Here's the rub, from both perspectives.  Guess we've seen the last of the Black Widow.

Ms. Johansson said in the suit that her agreement with Disney’s Marvel Entertainment guaranteed an exclusive theatrical release, and her salary was based in large part on the box-office performance of the film.

"Disney intentionally induced Marvel’s breach of the agreement, without justification, in order to prevent Ms. Johansson from realizing the full benefit of her bargain with Marvel,” the suit said.

A Disney spokesman said Ms. Johansson’s suit had no merit and is "especially sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.” The company said it "fully complied with Ms. Johansson’s contract and furthermore, the release of Black Widow on Disney+ with Premier Access has significantly enhanced her ability to earn additional compensation on top of the $20 million she has received to date.”

5 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Here's the rub, from both perspectives.  Guess we've seen the last of the Black Widow.

Did you see Endgame?

Wouldn’t be shocked if they determined streaming would earn them $50M more and getting sued (likely expected) would maybe cost them $5-10M

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Did you see Endgame?

I also saw that they made a movie after that.

2 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

I just didn't want to spoil it for you...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The_Omega said:

There goes Black Widow 2: Electric Boogaloo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 3:11 PM, NOTW said:

For me it was like the end of the Matrix Reloaded.  A lot of build up and hype and ended with a loooooong sequence of boring dialogue.  First rule of script writing is show don't tell and to just have a character talk for 20 minutes of exposition isn't exciting.  Good dialogue and acting doesn't have to be boring, but they did it too much for me.  

I want credit for the Honest Trailers people referencing the Architect in the Matrix!  :lol:

This is a good one, nails it.

16 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

First episode of What If...? was ok

I liked that they got most of the actual actors back but you can tell many of them have never done voice over work before. Animation was solid, but the dialogue came off corny. I have heard the second and third episodes are much better. 

3 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I liked that they got most of the actual actors back but you can tell many of them have never done voice over work before. Animation was solid, but the dialogue came off corny. I have heard the second and third episodes are much better. 

I heard there's a zombie episode for the infinity war one. Pretty much the only thing I'm looking forward to

Just now, Mike030270 said:

I heard there's a zombie episode for the infinity war one. Pretty much the only thing I'm looking forward to

The next one is T’Challa as star lord. Chadwick Boseman provides the voice work so it’s his final released project. I’m looking forward to that.

The third episode is Nick Fury centered and is reportedly pretty dark. 

Finally started Wandavision last night.  Was not sure where it was going initially, thought it was kinda dumbs after two episodes.  Glad I stuck with it through episode 4, now it has some direction.

33 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Finally started Wandavision last night.  Was not sure where it was going initially, thought it was kinda dumbs after two episodes.  Glad I stuck with it through episode 4, now it has some direction.

Had you seen the trailers or just started watching the pilot?

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Had you seen the trailers or just started watching the pilot?

I had not really paid attention to the trailers, just new it had a sitcom look.