Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

Apart from that, the teaser trailer was well made.  It showed some cool visual tricks from Doctor Strange, the tease of Green Goblin, showing Alfred Molina's Doc Oc were cool.  I just hope we don't have to suffer Kirsten Dunst, her stupid face and saying "Go get em tiger!"  She's the worst.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

That's a good point.  I kinda took it as he was just relaxing and having fun like he can make it winter if he wants, a beach if he wants, alter the reality.

He did break the rules before he was fully trained to read forbidden spells, then he gave away the time stone when his purpose was to protect it, and he knows they travelled through time to stop it.  So maybe he's just gone further with bending the rules.  He also said of course he would help Peter because they fought Thanos together.  

I also think there’s still a bit of arrogance to Dr. Strange.  He was humbled a lot in his origin movie but he still has an air if "I am usually right” attitude.  I could see part of his motivation being an overconfidence that he knows what He’s doing.  But I want to see the full justification for it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I also think there’s still a bit of arrogance to Dr. Strange.  He was humbled a lot in his origin movie but he still has an air if "I am usually right” attitude.  I could see part of his motivation being an overconfidence that he knows what He’s doing.  But I want to see the full justification for it.

That was my first thought - he's definitely trying to prove that he can do whatever whenever without negative consequence

• Like 1

With 5 villains shown in the trailer (Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman, Lizard and Electro), I wonder if this movie will end with the 6th villain being revealed. Setting up the Sinister Six movie.

Mysterio coming back? I know there are a few versions of the group.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

With 5 villains shown in the trailer (Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman, Lizard and Electro), I wonder if this movie will end with the 6th villain being revealed. Setting up the Sinister Six movie.

i think you may be onto something with this. 

3 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i think you may be onto something with this. 

Bringing Mysterio back isn't hard. Hell I'm reading the current Amazing Spider-Man run and he died already and came back. The multiverse is a good way to off these guys, but bring them back easily. Even Spider-Man died 3-4 times already.

There have been 16 versions of the group, with a couple going past the six member mark. Along with Mysterio, the Scorpion could be the missing member. The Vulture has also been involved with the group along with Doc Ock, but the movie left off with Toomes as a good guy in jail. There have been other various characters like Venom, Shocker and Chameleon, but I can't see most of them being involved (Venom is obviously out of the group).

The trailer looks brilliant. Looks like it's going to open a world of trouble and with it opportunities. But I agree with most the comments about it seeming a little unrealistic that Strange would just do the spell. 

1 hour ago, DBW said:

image.thumb.png.3e1f4bf6e5bd09ffe77feb3ecd76f817.png

This is where we need an "Oh ish" or "jaw drop" emoticon to add to "like", "LOL", etc.

6 hours ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

People are saying they saw Lizard but I couldn’t make anything out. But yeah definitely setting up Sinister Six. It appears they’re bringing a villain from every Spider-Man movie we’ve so far, so Lizard being one of the six makes sense. I imagine sixth will be vulture. I wonder if we’ll se Scorpion since he was teased in post credit of Homecoming. I’d really like to see Kraven as the sixth. 

15 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The trailer looks brilliant. Looks like it's going to open a world of trouble and with it opportunities. But I agree with most the comments about it seeming a little unrealistic that Strange would just do the spell. 

I mean, to be fair, he did just pull off a 1 in 14,000,605 plan so he’s probably feeling pretty confident right now...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

People are saying they saw Lizard but I couldn’t make anything out. But yeah definitely setting up Sinister Six. It appears they’re bringing a villain from every Spider-Man movie we’ve so far, so Lizard being one of the six makes sense. I imagine sixth will be vulture. I wonder if we’ll se Scorpion since he was teased in post credit of Homecoming. I’d really like to see Kraven as the sixth. 

At 2:26 Peter is standing in front of glassed jail cell and Lizard slams against the glass. That's what it looks like to me anyway.

8 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I mean, to be fair, he did just pull off a 1 in 14,000,605 plan so he’s probably feeling pretty confident right now...

Yeah see... Did he though? I mean he didn't really. Everyone else had to play their part in that. 

20 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah see... Did he though? I mean he didn't really. Everyone else had to play their part in that. 

Everyone was going to try their best and play their part regardless.  But without Strange knowing which scenario would work and him initiating it with giving Thanos the time stone, they would have failed.  There was no other way they would have won.  

Of course, now that they set that up Strange can just use the time stone to do the same thing for every situation and know the path to take.  But he probably will never do that again.  :lol:

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Everyone was going to try their best and play their part regardless.  But without Strange knowing which scenario would work and him initiating it with giving Thanos the time stone, they would have failed.  There was no other way they would have won.  

Of course, now that they set that up Strange can just use the time stone to do the same thing for every situation and know the path to take.  But he probably will never do that again.  :lol:

The time stone is gone. Thanos destroyed their time stone and they returned the other one to the past. So time shenanigans are done from strange. 

2 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

The time stone is gone. Thanos destroyed their time stone and they returned the other one to the past. So time shenanigans are done from strange. 

In that timeline sure.  They're doing multi-verses, the TVA has a bunch of infinity stones lying in a drawer, anything is possible.  :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I never thought of that angle. Strange's whole purpose in life is to protect the Time Stone. NOT to save 50% of humanity. So giving the stone to Thanos resulted in the stone being destroyed for good but "your reality dope" still being protected forever. But he instead sacrificed reality for a bunch of resource-guzzling nobodies that he doesn't even know!

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

But he no longer has the time stone bud... 😁

6 hours ago, homerpat said:

Heard good theory. It’s not Strange it’s Mephisto

Hell yeah, Mephisto rumors are back!

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But he no longer has the time stone bud... 😁

19 hours ago, NOTW said:

In that timeline sure.  They're doing multi-verses, the TVA has a bunch of infinity stones lying in a drawer, anything is possible.  :lol:

Dr Strange is supposed to monitor this type of stuff, so why wouldn't the Strange from these other alternate universes show up? Also the TVA has a bunch of stones lying in a drawer. 

Owen Wilson shows up, says "Wow" then gives Strange a time stone. Problem solved. :lol:

• Like 1

They also, you know...invented time travel. They can get more Pym particles now that Hank is un-dusted and undo anything. They won't do that writing wise, but that technology is available. 

The TVA can reset timelines as well. 

But this won't get sorted out until the Multiverse of Madness movie.

8 hours ago, devpool said:

Hell yeah, Mephisto rumors are back!

It does have a very real direct correlation similar to WandaVision rumors. Just offering an answer to why would Strange ever do that and in the comics it’s not Strange but Mephisto