Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

Just now, downundermike said:

I had not really paid attention to the trailers, just new it had a sitcom look.

Yeah the trailers showed both sitcom and real world stuff then the pilot was like 99% sitcom and the 2nd episode almost the same so it took some time to develop.  I had seen several trailers so I knew pretty much where it went eventually but they were slow to get there.  But once they do it really takes off.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

I’ve been watching the Netflix Marvel shows for the first time. I really love the characters, styles… it seems to have all the pieces to be great, but they are just too long and drawn out. It really, really hampers the enjoyability of watching them. 

Externals looks amazing, and I really have no idea what it’s about beyond the trailer lol.

2 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

I’ve been watching the Netflix Marvel shows for the first time. I really love the characters, styles… it seems to have all the pieces to be great, but they are just too long and drawn out. It really, really hampers the enjoyability of watching them. 

Externals looks amazing, and I really have no idea what it’s about beyond the trailer lol.

iron fist kind of sucked, other than that though, the other shows were pretty good IMO. (i admit i havent watched all of them) 

Daredevil 1-3, JJ1 and the first half of Luke cage are all excellent. Punisher both seasons are really good. The rest are just okay with the exception of Iron Fist which is not good. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

I hope the Internals and the Eternals are just as good!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Daredevil 1-3, JJ1 and the first half of Luke cage are all excellent. Punisher both seasons are really good. The rest are just okay with the exception of Iron Fist which is not good. 

I did like Daredevil. JJ was ok, skipped the second half of Like Cage and most of Iron Fist. 

22 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Yeah once Cottonmouth was killed, even though both actors (Ali and the actress that plays Mariah) killed the scene where she killed him, the show lost a lot. The other villian in season one (can't even remember his name) was not nearly as interesting. 

So late to Falcon and WS. Not sure why i didn’t watch originally, but def enjoyable. Anyway my one complaint. How does Carly and her team know how to fight?  Makes zero sense serum or not

On 8/21/2021 at 12:24 PM, Boogyman said:

Yeah once Cottonmouth was killed, even though both actors (Ali and the actress that plays Mariah) killed the scene where she killed him, the show lost a lot. The other villian in season one (can't even remember his name) was not nearly as interesting. 

Cottonmouth was amazing. I think the one that took over the 2nd half was diamondback. I get that they needed someone strong for Luke to punch, but wow was he a terrible villain. 

26 minutes ago, BFit said:

Cottonmouth was amazing. I think the one that took over the 2nd half was diamondback. I get that they needed someone strong for Luke to punch, but wow was he a terrible villain. 

Diamondback. Yeah I forgot his name lol. My opinion is if you get an actor as good as Ali to play a villian in a comic movie, you keep him around. His character was just really interesting and Diamondback was just a generic bad guy IMO

19 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Diamondback. Yeah I forgot his name lol. My opinion is if you get an actor as good as Ali to play a villian in a comic movie, you keep him around. His character was just really interesting and Diamondback was just a generic bad guy IMO

Both cottonmouth and diamondback were members of serpent society in comics.   Diamondback was a female in comics. The Serpent Crown saga series in comics would make a great movie adaptation.

21 minutes ago, Talkingbirds said:

Both cottonmouth and diamondback were members of serpent society in comics.   Diamondback was a female in comics. The Serpent Crown saga series in comics would make a great movie adaptation.

Yeah comics notwithstanding, the show was so much better with one as the villian than it was with the other. 

13 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Spider-Man trailer is here:

That didn't make sense to me why Strange just did that. That seemed way too careless

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

That didn't make sense to me why Strange just did that. That seemed way too careless

Yeah, that doesn't make sense. I thought when they showed the Halloween lights with the witch it was going to be Wanda.

Proving his innocence would be easy, Stark's security would show what he did, the tech to use holograms to fake the Mysterio events, and Shield and the Avengers could defend him. They're following the same plot holes from the last Spider-Man movie.

Cool concept but agree with above that it would never realistically happen based on Stranges history. but whatever. I’m sure it will be fun

I'm looking at it like they're tying Strange into this film and having him do what he does in the trailer as part of the set up to his film about the Multiverse.  There's even a quote from him in the trailer saying how they know very little about the Multiverse.  Agree that it would be easy for Peter, with help of SHIELD and The Avengers, to prove he's been setup.  But, seems this is the catalyst they need to trigger the premise for another MCU film and this is how they're going about it.

3 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

I'm looking at it like they're tying Strange into this film and having him do what he does in the trailer as part of the set up to his film about the Multiverse.  There's even a quote from him in the trailer saying how they know very little about the Multiverse.  Agree that it would be easy for Peter, with help of SHIELD and The Avengers, to prove he's been setup.  But, seems this is the catalyst they need to trigger the premise for another MCU film and this is how they're going about it.

That’s how I took it too with Strange. It’s clearly a setup for multiverse of madness, why exactly Strange decides to do I’m sure will be explained. 
also yeah thats the obvious way for him, but he’s still a teenager. Feeling all the stress, pressure, emotions from events he's going through it seems like an irrational reaction which is perfectly expected from a teenager. Maybe he tries going the route you guys mentioned and it yields no result.

Strange is in sweats and the sanctum looks frozen over. Who knows what his mental state is in this movie. 

I would imagine that he does get the clear on the police side that he didn’t kill mysterio pretty early but that the damage is already done. He still can’t live his life without people harassing him, his loved ones are still a target, and there are still a lot of people who (even when the facts come out) won’t believe it’s true because their news source (The Daily Bugle) told them so. 

As for Strange and why he did it, we’ll have to see what his reasons are to pass Judgement.  

2 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

Strange is in sweats and the sanctum looks frozen over. Who knows what his mental state is in this movie. 

That's a good point.  I kinda took it as he was just relaxing and having fun like he can make it winter if he wants, a beach if he wants, alter the reality.

He did break the rules before he was fully trained to read forbidden spells, then he gave away the time stone when his purpose was to protect it, and he knows they travelled through time to stop it.  So maybe he's just gone further with bending the rules.  He also said of course he would help Peter because they fought Thanos together.  

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I would imagine that he does get the clear on the police side that he didn’t kill mysterio pretty early but that the damage is already done. He still can’t live his life without people harassing him, his loved ones are still a target, and there are still a lot of people who (even when the facts come out) won’t believe it’s true because their news source (The Daily Bugle) told them so. 

As for Strange and why he did it, we’ll have to see what his reasons are to pass Judgement.  

You're probably right.  I like the angle of the modern media/social media being invasive into your life and how impossible it is to have privacy and have a secret identity.  He's really the only Avenger with a secret identity anyway.  The Mysterio thing goes back to the previous movie for me, there's no way Mysterio could keep that trick going he would be found out.  Between Stark's tech, regular police and military and the other Avengers he'd be found out pretty quickly.  I mean AJ found out on her own by finding a piece of equipment.  

So yeah they'll probably clear him early from it.